We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Texas officer swears to serve and protect Tasers sevendy two year old woman Options

MagikVenom
#1 Posted : 6/10/2009 6:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

spacedinvader
#2 Posted : 6/10/2009 7:11:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have family, friends, relatives who are police officers and I find it disrespectful and hateful to use the word "pig" to describe law enforcement, even if that law enforcement officer broke the law.

Why so much negativity MagikVenom to the people that put their lives on the line to protect you?
Do you not understand the job those men do day in and day out is difficult?

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 6/10/2009 7:37:39 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

spacedinvader wrote:
I have family, friends, relatives who are police officers and I find it disrespectful and hateful to use the word "pig" to describe law enforcement, even if that law enforcement officer broke the law.

It is also very unfair to the pigs, those nice creatures that provide us with so many things.

It's difficult to find something really bad to call them without them giving a bad name to it....

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

VisualDistortion
#4 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:25:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What's even more fucked up is the little poll they had there about his actions. 18000 said he was unjustified in his actions and 12,000 said he was justified. 12,000. Are you fucking kidding we. She's a 72 year old woman, he was more than twice her size. I guess some people think it was justified because it'll teach others that they need to obey the pigs real good just like they do.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

benzyme
#5 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:29:50 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ha

damn pigs.

spaced, don't hate the word "pigs" as a derogatory term for cops, hate the Beatles for making a song about the wretched authoritarian bastards.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SWIMfriend
#6 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:31:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are HIGHLY JUSTIFIED reasons for members of the entheogen community to have a negative view of law makers and law enforcement. However, the nexus is NOT the place for an obscenity-laced tirade about "pigs." (We can all enjoy such tirades in person Pleased )

Please keep this thread a calm deliberation rather than....a thread unworthy of the nexus.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:33:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

k

yep, tx is my home... and i don't like the coppers much Cool
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SWIMfriend
#8 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:02:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme: my comment was aimed at everyone. Yours was almost the most benign comment of the bunch!

Just so it's clear: I have to admit frankly that I really loathe police (although there are probably a FEW who actually serve the public in a wise and constructive manner). It's just that the nexus isn't the place for a free-for-all on them.

One of my more favoite pastimes is commenting on youtube videos of all the MANY examples of police brutality, and getting in forum fights with cops!

....but that kind of stuff is not cool on the nexus...

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:07:27 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I'm honestly and seriously insulted when someone associates police officers with pigs. Pigs are some of my favourite animals. Someone please find a more descriptive term for police officers!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

ohayoco
#10 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:17:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There are a few police officers who have opened their eyes... but they only resign their posts and join LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php
... leaving only the unelightened and the hateful still in the force. Collaborators, henchmen of the oppressors, the lot of them!

I agree though it's not nice to call them pigs. Pigs are cool. And that type of namecalling erodes your credibility in the eyes of others so it doesn't really help the cause. The only way to beat them is to appear as well as act morally superior.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 6/10/2009 9:41:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Porgs
it's a sound

MagikVenom
#12 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacedinvader wrote:

Why so much negativity MagikVenom to the people that put their lives on the line to protect you?
Do you not understand the job those men do day in and day out is difficult?

other than pick up trash and build the highways they never did nothing for me. I dont need the authorities to help me live my life never have never will. I realize others may need there assitance but that is because of Greed and Ignorance.

If there werent inocent young people giving there lives I would have a lot more to say. Since there are this is my last coment.
You are part of the proublem("officer" in video) a few public servents are sincere the rest are insecure ignorant parasites. That is my opion friend. Get off the Gov gravy train gather your own food. Get your damn hand out of my pocket.

Life is hard for everyone. Do you dare to put your ego aside and ask why?

Dont get sucked into worshiping the GOD OF WAR

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 6/11/2009 12:12:35 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I'm closing this thread since the DMT-Nexus isn't the place to discuss this kind of topics. We don't know the whole story about this action and probably never will. A short video's and a press release is just too little to base our conclusion on.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

p.s. a bit more respect is welcome in thread like this...