We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian Rue to quit smoking cigarettes ... Options

VoidTJ
#1 Posted : 3/28/2015 5:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone here tried something like this?
I've really been wanting to get away from smoking but the best I've been able to accomplish so far is switching to chew.

The type of work I do, I have to be able to maintain a clear head during the day.
When I try to quit smoking like many others, I get very irritable.

Between the dizziness and treating others around me like garbage, I usually get fed-up with myself and trying to quit so just wind up giving in. I'm the type of person that regularly even with a clear/calm mind, I have to kind of talk to myself in my head so to say so that what comes out before I speak doesn't make me sound like a complete asshole. I really to have a tendency to be snappy and ignorant which is something I've been working on because it makes me feel bad but when I try to quit smoking, I have no filter to stop myself.

I've been thinking about DMT/Ayahuasca on a regular basis but in reality, I just can't. As much as I love the stuff there's no way I could perform what I need to daily in that state.

I've been thinking about the supposed (I say supposed because I've read but I do not Know) MAOI effects of cigarettes/tobacco combined with the fact that MAOIs themselves have been used for anti-depressants and well, anti-depressants are prescribed to people that are trying to quit tobacco so they don't act like I'm worried about. A family member also went that route in the past and said it helped her massively and that she felt much better compared to going cold-turkey.

Myself, I cannot afford anti-depressants right now (pharmaceutical ones anyway) but there's plenty of Syrian Rue and Caapi around (which I'd rather not "dirty" with the experience of quitting smoking so I lean towards using Rue) ..

Has anyone tried this?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Just Say Know
#2 Posted : 3/29/2015 3:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i haven't; however it sounds reasonable. also there was a john hopkins study with psylocybin. you can quit smoking twice as fast with psylocybin apparently. also low doses of kratom will reduce and possibly stop any cravings for nicotine. however you must be warned that kratom is addictive. though i've heard people speculate that kratom in low doses is anti-addictive but that could be more for opiates or something; idk.

hope you get to quit buddy Cool

Chan
#3 Posted : 3/29/2015 4:55:19 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Did you see my thread in the Health forum already?

Cytisine is what you need!

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

greenmoss
#4 Posted : 3/29/2015 5:10:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VoidTJ wrote:
Has anyone here tried something like this?
I've really been wanting to get away from smoking but the best I've been able to accomplish so far is switching to chew.

The type of work I do, I have to be able to maintain a clear head during the day.
When I try to quit smoking like many others, I get very irritable.

Between the dizziness and treating others around me like garbage, I usually get fed-up with myself and trying to quit so just wind up giving in. I'm the type of person that regularly even with a clear/calm mind, I have to kind of talk to myself in my head so to say so that what comes out before I speak doesn't make me sound like a complete asshole. I really to have a tendency to be snappy and ignorant which is something I've been working on because it makes me feel bad but when I try to quit smoking, I have no filter to stop myself.

I've been thinking about DMT/Ayahuasca on a regular basis but in reality, I just can't. As much as I love the stuff there's no way I could perform what I need to daily in that state.

I've been thinking about the supposed (I say supposed because I've read but I do not Know) MAOI effects of cigarettes/tobacco combined with the fact that MAOIs themselves have been used for anti-depressants and well, anti-depressants are prescribed to people that are trying to quit tobacco so they don't act like I'm worried about. A family member also went that route in the past and said it helped her massively and that she felt much better compared to going cold-turkey.

Myself, I cannot afford anti-depressants right now (pharmaceutical ones anyway) but there's plenty of Syrian Rue and Caapi around (which I'd rather not "dirty" with the experience of quitting smoking so I lean towards using Rue) ..

Has anyone tried this?

You should look into it, someone else said on another mushroom forum that they used Syrian Rue or some sort of natural MAOI to quit smoking, and it worked.

DeltaSpice
#5 Posted : 3/29/2015 11:08:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why don't you try Champix. They have a massive success rate.

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 3/30/2015 12:49:08 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

DeltaSpice wrote:

Side effects !
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Synkromystic
#7 Posted : 3/30/2015 4:53:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tobacco contains maoi's, so using maoi's as a means of taking the edge off should be a good way to go, since part of the high from tobacco is from the maoi Interaction.

I say this to many people, because I feel there is alot of truth to it..... When you are ready, you will quit without a problem, and never look back. When you are ready to quit, it's so easy. I struggled for many years trying to quit, then one day I got so exhausted of being addicted....I'd had enough, and that forced me to find the strength to quit. I quit and never looked back. Been almost 3 1/2 years since.

Varox
#8 Posted : 3/30/2015 10:37:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I smoked a pack a day for almost 10 years. I wanted to quit but wanted it to be easy of course. I tried a lot of quitting aids, alternative stuff and herbs. None worked because I was not absolutely willing to stop. Any kind of aid is not magic, it will not do the work for you. 4 years ago I quit cold turkey and never looked back. It was difficult but now I am in absolute control over it because the solution came from within, from my own force of will. Of course, if you really really want with all your heart to stop smoking then you can make it less painful by adding some of these aids to the mix. I can now enjoy a cigarette on special occasions and not fall back into the habit of smoking. For me the "thing" that makes you an addict, more than nicotine itself, is making a habit out of smoking. Removing this habit is of course the most difficult part of the whole quitting experience because your body craves for nicotine when is triggered by different happenings like: after a meal, with coffee, with friends having a beer, at the club, having a profound conversation, etc. Only when you conquer the habit which triggers all this will you have conquered the addiction, and this my friend is more psychological than anything. So Syrian Rue? Yes fine, but above all you have to change your mind. Good luck quitting! It's a tough one!

Edit: I said that I can now smoke a cigarette without falling back but I was very scared to try this and may not be for everyone. I did this after more than three years after I had stopped and it worked for me but it is not something I would recommend.

DeltaSpice
#9 Posted : 3/31/2015 8:57:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
DeltaSpice wrote:

Side effects !

They are safe to use from what I've seen. I know 2 people who used them.
Surely the chance of side effects are better than poisoning yourself and killing your body?
I smoked for 15 years, I managed to quit by saying ,This is war, me vs cigarettes , lets see who will win .
I've never looked back , smoking seems ridiculous to me now....Apart from Changa hits Embarrased

Synkromystic
#10 Posted : 4/1/2015 3:31:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:

Surely the chance of side effects are better than poisoning yourself and killing your body?

Side effects are usually the result of poisoning yourself........Shocked

DeltaSpice
#11 Posted : 4/1/2015 6:10:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Synkromystic wrote:
DeltaSpice wrote:

Side effects are usually the result of poisoning yourself........Shocked

poison woisen Neutral

3rdI
#12 Posted : 4/1/2015 9:25:53 AM

veni, vidi, spici

ive used rue to quit smoking and it seemed to work well, placebo or not, it helped.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year