We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
disappeared crystals! Options

Trinity
#1 Posted : 6/7/2009 9:07:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim pulled a beautiful tray of crystals from the freezer, emptied the naptha and set aside to dry without turning upside down

the whole tray dissolved to brown glue

swin gathered up the brown sludge and tried to dissolve in naptha (didnt try to long)

with no luck

is the sludge no good or what?Sad

looks like a great site

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

arimane
#2 Posted : 6/7/2009 9:14:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are you sure those were crystals, and not emulsion?
Bad, bad english

Trinity
#3 Posted : 6/7/2009 9:27:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ok let me start from the begininng.....swims first time doing STB and he thought the freezer was not getting cold enough so swim fan dried a glass tray

he then took another tray and left outside till turned cloudy then put in freezer...it came outta there with beautiful white crystals....the air dried had white/yellow flat crystal types ....mind u swim knows he got a couple pin head size drips of the emolusion in the pulled nap

swim scraped all the stuff from both trays and warmed and dissolved in naptha.....the new nap went light pee colored yellow but alot of the gooey brown stuff would not dissolve and would just kinda melt and ooze....he took the light colored pee and fanned it down to cloudy then to the frig

could it be that swin kinda did a half ass'd recrystalization? and that was the impure left behind?

omiko
#4 Posted : 6/7/2009 10:36:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You should try your crystal out before recrystallizing, maybe you won't have to.

Trinity
#5 Posted : 6/7/2009 10:47:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

omiko wrote:
You should try your crystal out before recrystallizing, maybe you won't have to.

the crystals in one tray dissolved to brown goo after emptying the naptha and leaving to dry

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 6/8/2009 2:53:16 PM

The Great Namah

2 possible issues.

1) you had water in your jar and what you were seeing were ice crystals

2) (more likely) you had a small amount of naphtha still left with your crystals, as the naphtha warmed up your spice redissolved into the small puddle of naphtha (this is the more likely senerio).

The way I always get my xtals out of the naphtha is as follows:

I freeze in a 1/2 pint mason jar with a lid on
I use a second mason jar to pour the naphtha out of the first jar. If you kind of turn your jar as you pour out the naphtha the loose crystals will stick to the side and none will go into the second jar.
Once all the naphtha is out of the jar I will turn it upside down...the somewhat wet crystals will stick to the jar and won't fall out. Let the jar sit upside down for a minute or two.

I've never had my xtals melt after doing it this way.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.