We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Laughter Options

SpiceGirl
#1 Posted : 6/4/2009 9:23:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.livescience.c...31_laughter_ancient.html

Here's another one on birds dancing http://www.sciencefriday.com/videos/watch/10216

I post these two because SWIM finds that DMT shares all aspects with this, the most beautiful aspect of life: laughter. Although she hasn't fully broken through but once to a reality of only fractal rectangles floating in n-dimensions for a brief moment, all other times and surrounding that event, spice makes SWIM giggle loudly every time. SWIM has noticed that most other psychedelics also generate this, at least the first few trips with people who find their worries and stresses pale so much in comparison to what is possible through perception that there is nothing one can do but laugh at the silliness of it all. Rather it is from this or something deeper, SWIM has heard of studies that showed simply holding a smile can make one genuinely happier after a minute or so.

Personally, SWIM finds spice to give her the giggles, then sent her off in an introspective thought path about any odd number of things that only increases appreciates and laughter about life. SWIM closed her eyes today after trying a bit in a bowl of ash/MJ and saw this round, curvy object...similar to the perfume bottle on the left in this picture:

http://www.chinatraderon...-Bottles-19544149003.jpg

(tangent (trip-report))
It was in about the center left of SWIM's visual field with eyes closed, and it was filled with a yellow liquid that SWIM immediately but not consciously realized was perfume, but simultaneously SWIM noticed the pattern in the glass was like fishscales or the bark of a pineapple, and it must have been thus that in her head SWIM shouted, in a giggling voice, "pineapple!"

SWIM then opened her eyes, looking at the edge of a wall and a window, and closed her eyes again. This is where the spice works its magic. She then, without consciously trying, began to dissect it all. SWIM realized that she was perceiving all the layers at once and simply got confused, it was perfume not a pineapple, but the glass and the color came together to read pineapple. SWIM then saw the shape of it again, and realized that one can form the entire concept of perception with simply one object in a void. If you make it a two colored contrast, with the bottle solid white and the background of your eyelids or what have you black-ish (those colored sparkles or not doesn't matter, although if on spice they'll probably be there too) and then invert it, you have bottle and non bottle, and the wholeness of the negative space's importance just consumed SWIM. SWIM also visualized and played with a game mechanic utilizing an equation for a straight line that can curl (now to seek out the equation responsible for such behavior) as well as hearing amazing new details in a Shpongle song. SWIM tinkers with sound herself and was delighted to hear a cymbal crash stretched out and turn into falling sparkly noises. This was sprinkled throughout all of this, but at every point, every realization, whether it was seeing the bottle, or hearing the individual noises in the music and the wondrous panning, it all led to one thing: joy and laughter. SWIMs experience ended with her staring at her ceiling, which turned from its usual pattern into the beautiful "solid liquid" of a straight white but rainbow oil shimmering lathered "portal" of swaying, flowing energy. She smiled as she watched it, it filling her with laughter, her brain relaxingly putting along with more intriguing thoughts. She began thinking of the wondrous synchronicity of spice - how the music was always at the right moments for spectacular things, and then of the things she's read of being told not to be astonished and amazed. She smiled at the thought that she was at a great place, where she could feel herself being amazed, and could let it overwhelm, or just sit and relax. She then heard a police siren in the far distance (lives in city) and opened her eyes - when she looked back at the ceiling, it was its normal pattern again. There's always lessons to learn. SWIM shouldn't have gotten haughty about the astonishment and the siren distraction probably wouldn't have blipped it all away.

(/tangent (trip report)

The good part of that happening was that she got exactly what she needed, as she then remembered she should wait a while before jumping off again, upon which she remembered she had a notepad and pencil for just this occasion - and laughed at the thought of pushing off again so soon, realizing the rewards of patience were calling to her. She then took advantage of the situation to write some of this fleeting stuff down, helping to cement it into memory to post any of this.

I apologize for implanting a report in here and making this such a long read, but I think it still aligns with the point - as every lesson, at least for my friend, pointed to laughter or pointed to something that resulted in laughter. When I was younger I was a devout Christian and found the real benefit from Christianity was when a Sermon from the preacher, or the Bible, 'spoke' to me. When this happened, it was exciting and felt good, synchronous even. It was though everything was just right, and God wanted me to learn that, and I did, and it was good. The problem would be that that would happen, and it wouldn't happen again for a long time (usually). From what SWIM can tell, DMT contains every ounce of that feeling, and more. That feel-good Christian feeling was eventually discovered to really derive from just living kindly (treat others as you would be treated) and most every single other 'Christian' nearby revealed themselves to be of horrible, polar opposites to what they professed. This led to a divide, the point of the gatherings and sermons was to make us better and to spread the betterment, but it was contained and any betterings that required work or chastising were denounced and rejected.

For SWIM and the few friends that SWIM has journeyed with, the lessons were the same: boundless love and energy, and understanding. If one rejects it, the spice rejects them until they learn the lesson. It is a playful teacher, but a teacher non-the-less, a teacher must sometimes be harsh. But it will always be playful, as a good teacher will always engage the student who is willing to learn. It's a flow that is always dancing, you can push against it and step on its toes and it will step on yours, or you can dance with it, and experience things that many may never experience. This is just SWIM's experience and now the microphone is yours. Sorry for making this so beefy, really the first two links are all I wanted to say >_<

It's all a celebration, and celebrations are meant for us to laugh, to celebrate. Atonishment is the best word I can come up with to describe DMT, as it astonishes.

(tangentSmile
All this reality is a possibility, and all possibilities can be derived from the thought of a thought. If there was one big God like the Father of Christianity, then if he just thought of a possibility, wouldn't it and possible ways to make that possibility happen be able to exist? It just existed, in the imagination of God, and if a brain can't determine imagination from reality, it's all just what it perceives, then there is no difference. This is why that huge thread on the dangerous evil insectoid reptilian scariness in DMT doesn't really bother me: intelligence is irregardless to form. Those insectoid creatures could very well be identical in spirit to us, perhaps in a different reality, as it never seems they are really trying to hurt us.. Most reports were of the tune that the probing was simply how it said hello. I seem to recall Facebook's initial method for meeting people not one's friend list already was to POKE them. Poking and probing can be perceived as annoying and angry, or cute and playful. SWIM just realized she thought of this earlier today on her voyage, and she recalls poking her shoulder laughing at the thought of a 'shimmering emerald octopus' prodding her, her prodding it back, rather than assuming its placing a device in her. Then again, the closest SWIM has come to such a meeting or worse was seeing the wall patterns dance, much like one would presume the shimmering emeralds or glittering basketballs of machine elves would appear - no solid bodied creatures as of yet though. SWIM is encouraged to hear a few other people mention that half of the experience was also based on one's reaction to the encounter. If they are putting you in a machine to zap your resources, at least you get to laugh and return to reality soon - not much you could do to stop them anywho, the US government will treat you worse.
(/tangent)

(Sorry, that last tangent was already typed and I had mouse cursor above it and didn't notice, but the paragraphs make more sense in that order methinks, tried to wrap the bulky tangents for those who don't want to read. Not sure where was best to post this, but for those who didn't see middle paragraph: Laughter is badass, spice likes laughter, animals can laugh, humans laugh, animals can dance, neurons are amazing, hope someone got something useful out of this!)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

antrocles
#2 Posted : 6/8/2009 1:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wowzers SG!! you went on a ROLL there!! LOL!!!

....now I'M laughing my ass off!!!! Very happy

L&G!!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."