We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Minor Problems WIth The LazyMans Tek Options

DubRules
#1 Posted : 6/7/2009 7:40:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings! I have been wanting to try an extraction for a while now and finally got all my ducks in a row about a week ago. I used the LazyMans Tek as I figured it would be a good intro to the subject and from there I could try more complicated procedures. I followed everything in the Tek to a T but modified it to use less bark. My final product had a crystalline structure for sure, but I have some questions. Rather than nice large crystals, I got little circles all over the plate that look like a starburst. (not the candy..) The crystals all touch in the middle and radiate outward. (if that makes sense..) I scraped the plate, and ended up with a product that looked like I had scraped wax off of a table. It was waxy, dissolved when rubbed between the fingers, and weighed next to nothing. I mean I had a huge pile of material that would fill a bowl 5x over but it weighed like .15g. Lame! I am using pure food grade lye from aaa-chemicals.com and VM&P Naptha from Home Depot. I am starting to think that the Naptha is the cause for the waxiness. There is always a clear film that I cannot get to evaporate off the dish. When I am done with this post, I am going to evaporate some Naptha and see what I am left with. Hopefully that film will be there so I know what the problem is. I have a bajillion new mason jars so I'm going to try Nomans Tek this afternoon and hopefully when I get home from work in the morning, I'll have some snowglobes waiting for me. Anyways, please provide any help if you can. I didn't divulge that much information here because there is so much to type. If you think you may know whats going on, please contact me and I'll fill you in on what you need to know. Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

omiko
#2 Posted : 6/7/2009 10:38:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like just yellow crystal... What's wrong with that? Were your extractions done at room temperature?

DubRules
#3 Posted : 6/7/2009 10:53:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

everything was done at room temp. maybe it is yellow crystal, ive never seen it so i dont know. i smoked like two bowls of it back to back and it didnt taste at all like the burning plastic it should have tasted like. i felt an intense buzz but thats it.

omiko
#4 Posted : 6/7/2009 11:11:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just did a very similar extraction method and ended up with yellow crystals, but you can clearly tell they are crystals and not goop. However my 3rd pull was a bit more oily, so some oil got scraped up. But, it seems the oil dissipated substantially after an overnight air-exposed dry. Could you tell me what your NaOH/Naptha/Water/mhrb measurements were? It sounds like you pulled a lot of tannins but little dmt.