We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
so I extracted the red dmt... Options

entheogenist
#1 Posted : 2/14/2007 4:50:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Curiosity got the best of me, and I extracted the red alkaloid from MHRB. After doing two pulls with naphtha I did two pulls with toluene, evaporated the toluene, and washed the solids with naphtha which made them dark red. So now I have about 2g of this red stuff and the problem is this: NOW I HAVE TO SMOKE IT. Does anyone know what the dosage is? I normally smoke 50-60mg of DMT at a time, so maybe 25mg of this red stuff? Has anyone here actually smoked it? I'm a bit nervous about jumping into this new compound. Apparently the red alkaloid has been identified as Yuremamine. I found a thread on Ayahuasca.com with a picture of the molecule, here's the link: http://forums.ayahuasca....pbb/viewtopic.php?t=9912 Check out how complex that molecule is! I don't know of any psychedelics that are as complex aside from Salvinorin-A, which I hesitate to call a psychedelic. This will certainly be interesting, and I will let you all know when I work up the balls to take it for a spin. Any info anyone has about yuremamine or the red alkaloid will be appreciated. Wish me luck!
...They all became the river.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Noman
#2 Posted : 2/14/2007 5:58:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78 Dose it like 5MEO, at least at first. I'm not convinced it's yuremamine, isn't that an MAOI? This doesn't feel like an MAOI, it feels like a tryptamine. A mean tryptamine.

quantumbrujo
#3 Posted : 2/14/2007 7:06:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You didn't go through the trouble to extract it if you're not gonna do it.I know it can be a very scary trip cause I tried it and it blew me away.But I came back safe and sound and I'm glad I did it.Just start with a small dose first to see.try between 5 and 10 mg's.I think that 15mg's of this stuff is prbably as much as I would do if I was to do it again.I wouldn't recomend doing over 25mg's of this stuff whatever it is.It definately feels like a tryptamine.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

Noman
#4 Posted : 2/14/2007 7:27:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you describe the material? Is it crystaline? My friend's has the consistency of a soft crayon and is brick red. He has some of something claimed to be 5MEO that looks similar. What does it smell like?

quantumbrujo
#5 Posted : 2/14/2007 1:15:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You hit the nail right on the head Noman.the junglespice I got is just like a peice of a red crayola crayon.after evapping it looked like crystals on the dish,but when scraped up with razor blade it all stuck together to make this waxy homogenous stuff.It has a strong smell of indole when bunt,but otherwise it has a similar smell to DMT,but with a fruity kind of a smell.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

entheogenist
#6 Posted : 2/14/2007 2:44:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Noman, it looks just like you described. It looked crystalline when it was in the evaporating dish, but when I scraped it up it was very oily, and has the texture of crushed up crayons now that it has been washed and dried. I'll post a picture of it later when I get a chance. It smells the same as DMT pretty much. I'll try 10mg next time I feel froggy and I'll post the experience report. 5-MeO-DMT that I have had in the past looks similar to this stuff, except it is lighter in color and it is hard crystals, like little rocks. Thanks for that report, noman. I'll definitely ease into this one slowly, testing the water first.
...They all became the river.

Chakra Vajra
#7 Posted : 5/17/2007 10:21:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I never heard before from Red DMT. Is the only different in extracting this, that you use toluene instead of Naphtha? How is the experience?

Noman
#8 Posted : 5/17/2007 8:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

See above link.

Heyoka
#9 Posted : 7/8/2007 10:40:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The stuff might be great taken orally with a maoi . Or, perhaps a maoi isn't necessary. The guy I know tends not to care for smokeing DMT but loves it orally. He says the transition when smoked feels dangerous or toxic but the oral route is the kindes hallucinogen he's ever taken.

zhah
#10 Posted : 7/9/2007 5:03:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:fd89ebd2c5="Heyoka"]The stuff might be great taken orally with a maoi . Or, perhaps a maoi isn't necessary. [/quote:fd89ebd2c5] Well, if Vepsäläinen et al. are correct, then yuremamine [i:fd89ebd2c5]is[/i:fd89ebd2c5] a maoi.... [quote:fd89ebd2c5="Heyoka"]The guy I know tends not to care for smokeing DMT but loves it orally. He says the transition when smoked feels dangerous or toxic but the oral route is the kindes hallucinogen he's ever taken.[/quote:fd89ebd2c5] well, I'm confused on this one, because dmt is definitely inactive orally. That is established fact. unless you mean in conjunction with a maoi, i.e. a [i:fd89ebd2c5]pharmahuasca[/i:fd89ebd2c5] as Ott calls it... -z
What if it really [i:92fda18de4]is[/i:92fda18de4] all about the Hokey-Pokey?

Heyoka
#11 Posted : 7/16/2007 10:46:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:8e2bfd97e2="entheogenist"] After doing two pulls with naphtha I did two pulls with toluene, evaporated the toluene, and washed the solids with naphtha which made them dark red. [/quote:8e2bfd97e2] What was the motivation/inspiration for washing with naptha ? Am I understanding you correctly that the naptha changed the color of the solids? What color did they start out? Zhah, I just assume folks understand a maoi is involved when referring to oral dmt. Yage, anahuasca, pharmahuasca, hoasca, etc. the cultural baggage has become a bit tiresome and "oral dmt" is kind of an effort at traveling light .

Noman
#12 Posted : 7/17/2007 6:39:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's always residual DMT pulled along with the dark and the naptha washes it off. If you dry the naptha and wash the reisdue with heptane and dry that you get dark, a very familiar yellow oil, and white dmt, respectively.

MisterGypsy
#13 Posted : 10/25/2007 8:27:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried eating the dark dmt?
My confirmation code - 1IQNZQ One IQ in the cue.

Viracocha
#14 Posted : 10/25/2007 9:45:52 AM

..still lc..

Can someone post a pic of the stuff?? just for my curiosity fyi 5-meo-dmt is unmistakable in its effect it rushes at you very similar paced as dmt does, but harder in a sense. There is almost always an immediate feeling of 'oh no, what have i done' lol but that goes pretty quickly, then it's just tripping for a bit with maybe minor visual distortions (a little bit of b&w grid overlaying but otherwise vision is unaffected). this goes on for about three minutes and it starts to leave, as it leaves your body starts to feel FANTASTIC, like you've just done a massive workout. Then you realise you can't remember a thing about the last few minutes we know what dmt is like.. so what's this dark dmt like? any idea if it exists in acacia bark as well as mhrb?