We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
when we dream Options

XENONSION
#1 Posted : 8/26/2007 7:16:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A thought had crossed my mind the other day, it is said that when we dream and sleep, dmt is possibly released and causes us to dream and have visions while we sleep. I was thinking then, why are our dreams so normal, and of usual things most of the time, and tripping on dmt is so alien, so weird. I've never dreamt of machine elves or being flown through a complex 3d grid of geometric shapes, just normal stuff that would happen day to day, and about people and things in my life. Why would our dreams be so different? Is there something different about our natural DMT in our brain?

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 8/26/2007 7:58:10 PM

John Murdoch IV

I think that's because when you wake up from your "dream", it gets translated to your consensus reality. While tripping you go there conscious of the consensus reality. So you are kind of experiencing hyperspace straight into this reality. And also when you dream it's a natural process. Smoking DMT is not a natural process. You're forcing your mind somewhere. You're administering DMT from the outside in big quantity. So it can be quite harsh. Those are my 2 cents Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

XENONSION
#3 Posted : 8/26/2007 8:11:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:1d0312241e="DMTripper"]I think that's because when you wake up from your "dream", it gets translated to your consensus reality. While tripping you go there conscious of the consensus reality. So you are kind of experiencing hyperspace straight into this reality. And also when you dream it's a natural process. Smoking DMT is not a natural process. You're forcing your mind somewhere. You're administering DMT from the outside in big quantity. So it can be quite harsh. Those are my 2 cents Smile[/quote:1d0312241e] But if our dreams are the result of DMT being released into our bloodstream, why are they so different? I dont thing dreams have anything to do with DMT. If they did there would be some sort of similarity in the events and things that occur during dreamtime and during a dmt trip.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Chakra Vajra
#4 Posted : 8/26/2007 8:30:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it have to do with the Quantity. When going into a Darkroom Retreat, the Level of DMT is building up and then it goes more into the Direction of smoked DMT.

XENONSION
#5 Posted : 8/26/2007 8:37:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quoteVery happya33611de2="Chakra Vajra"]I think it have to do with the Quantity. When going into a Darkroom Retreat, the Level of DMT is building up and then it goes more into the Direction of smoked DMT.[/quoteVery happya33611de2]Even a low dose of DMT given externally is nothing like a dream when sleeping. At least no dream i've ever had, lol.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 8/27/2007 6:07:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dream and DMT connection is just a theory ! Dream are studied rather seriously since 1960's and DMT is not really needed to 'explain' the dream creation process. Maybe the next Strassma study will gove more insight about that fascinationg question. SWIM also concluded that dreams and DMT experiences are very different.

Implants
#7 Posted : 8/27/2007 6:41:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anyone taken a hit of DMT inside of a dream? I've heard of people doing it and getting the same effect as they would while awake... any input on this?

cilosyb
#8 Posted : 8/27/2007 11:51:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I don't buy that DMT has any effect on our dreams at all. They'd be much more Shocked if that were the case. There is no parallel between a DMT trip and a dream. I wish this myth would vanish. What I think is that the everyday life we live is the real dream and the DMT world is the other side of it.
DivineMedicinalTechnology

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 8/28/2007 2:20:13 PM

JC

[quote:565ceb5b95]anyone taken a hit of DMT inside of a dream? I've heard of people doing it and getting the same effect as they would while awake... any input on this?[/quote:565ceb5b95] Ive had this happen to me a few times I was smoking a water bucket of it in my dream and after i smoked it I was like this isnt like normal DMT but I remember lots of physical effects mainly, it was a while ago, I felt as if my head was physically turned inside out and back to front, it was strange like in my dream I was saying afterwarsd it isnt DMT it did feel very DMT like really Confused Ive also had loads of dreams of being drunk being stoned and on MDMA used to have loads of MDMA dreams sometimes when id wake up i was like whall I was so out of it in my dream a few friends have said the same thing have happened to them.

Implants
#10 Posted : 8/28/2007 3:18:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ha, yeah i hear you. Hopefully you find this funny... I have the same kind of dreams, ill get drunk but its just a little different, ill trip or roll, but its just a very very little different. It's usually harder, i am drunk like the first time i ever got shit faced, i roll like the first time i rolled, and my trips are crazily intense/pixelated/weird as all hell. But as i've never smoked DMT, whenever its offered to me or i try to buy some i get ripped off. I had a dream the other night where someone sold me DMT and as i started smoking it i realized they sold me bacon bits, haha.

Infinite I
#11 Posted : 8/28/2007 3:22:58 PM

JC

That is funny bacon bits lol Know what you mean when you say its just a bit different sometimes its as if im totally wasted then other times its just a bit weird but it is different, ive woke up sometimes like that whall i was so out my head that was amazing lol

Implants
#12 Posted : 8/28/2007 3:27:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah man, its crazy stuff. I had this one dream where i had taken acid, and the floor came up like a wave that i started riding while everything was all pixelated and digital, complete with the weird tripping noises and everything. When i woke up i was out of my bed, sitting on the floor, sweating. Was a great dream =) Edit - this is why im cautious about smoking DMT. Im afraid im not going to liek it and have re-occuring dreams about repeating a horrible experience

Infinite I
#13 Posted : 8/28/2007 3:38:45 PM

JC

Since Ive smoked DMT my dreams have been really lucid a lot of the time, like after a few big doses I was like getting anxious before I went to sleep like here we go again cos my dreams have been a lot more real than before but I still see it as a good thing, like just befoe id nod off it was as if I was starting to get mad visuals an stuff lol I know what you mean whne waking up sometimes its as if youve got an afterglow its great lol I understand your anxiousness about DMT im still very anxious and ive had loads of great positive experiences the majority have been im still anxious had a couple of quite scary ones but after it its like whall that was amazing lol my last 3 experiences were positive the first of the three I thought id died an it was very traumatic, but as I said afterwards I was like that was amazing, put me off for a bit tho lol I usually now need to have a few beers or something or MDMA to give me dutch courage used to do it staright but im to anxious now even tho its been generally positive Confused

Implants
#14 Posted : 8/28/2007 4:28:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I hear you man. Everyonce in a while i feel absolutely confident, if i had the spice then and there i would have smoked it. Most of the time i just feel like "What the fuck, are you crazy?? Stay away, dont do it" Who knows. Im sure ill do it when the time is right. No rush

XENONSION
#15 Posted : 8/28/2007 7:41:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:32ec46bcd0="Implants"]I hear you man. Everyonce in a while i feel absolutely confident, if i had the spice then and there i would have smoked it. Most of the time i just feel like "What the fuck, are you crazy?? Stay away, dont do it" Who knows. Im sure ill do it when the time is right. No rush[/quote:32ec46bcd0] I get the feeling sometimes, when i come back from hyperspace, and i'm laying in my underwear on my bed with my supplies next to me. Sometimes i just hurry and put them away like "wtf are you doing out...get back in the drawer!" and then sit there, heart racing, feeling timid about ever opening the drawer again, lol.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

3six5
#16 Posted : 10/25/2007 12:49:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i've experienced a few dmt like moments in my rem sleep. quiet amazing. i've once consciously released dmt before also. was smoking some pot and i hit the bottom of the bowl, and it tasted kinda like dmt, my mind focused on the flavor and the memories of dmt. and for a few seconds i was in hyperspace. the pipe was rather clean, and had never had any psychedelics through it. fyi