We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1st extraction Options

Voodoo
#1 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:09:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi I done my 1st extraction but I think I might have ruined it. I poured the naptha/dmt solution onto a plate last night, about 150ml and when I woke up today there was some great crystals forming inside the solution, when I tilted the plate they looked great. But I got a little impatient with it and sat it under a radiator with a hair dryer on cool blowing on it and it looks like most of the crystals are gone... I think they melted. When the whole thing evaporates will they still be left there in the end?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 6/5/2009 6:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yes where could they have gone? They went back into the solution.

Voodoo
#3 Posted : 6/5/2009 6:15:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I thought maybe it was that obvious, just since its my 1st time I wanted to make sure I didnt destroy it in any way, couldnt find a post on the subject, sry for noob.. thanks for reply Pleased

dankoni
#4 Posted : 6/5/2009 7:34:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only way they could be completely gone is if the naphtha finished evaporating and the blow dryer blew them away. If there is still naphtha in there, then I'm sure your spice is there too. Why did you not do a freeze precip?

Voodoo
#5 Posted : 6/5/2009 10:01:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My mate done this method and it worked pretty good, only had my 1st trip of dmt a couple of weeks ago from him. From sme of the other posts the freeze method seems pretty much trial and error, and I knew this was more or less solid so stuck with this. But it seems to be turning out ok, the dmt was stuck to the bottom of the plate tho so I scraped it all to one side of the plate and now its like a kind of sandy type texture, still in naptha though its not all evaporated yet.. wet sand almost... that sound ok?

Another thing I left a glass eye dropper in the mix and when I took it out there was quite a lot of white crystals stuck to it, would putting glass items in the mix for them to stick to give a better crystal? whats stuck to the bottom looks petty much yellow compared to the sugary stuff I got from the dropper.

Voodoo
#6 Posted : 6/6/2009 3:19:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Guys I dont know whether this sand type substance is safe: *overview of process* 50g of bark was left in the lye/water/naptha solution for about 2 weeks, I stirred it every couple of days. When it came to extracting the naptha from the top there was an emulsion which was removed pretty easily by sticking the jar in a hot water bath. Then the naptha was removed tediously with an eye dropper (about 150ml) and put on a plate, it was a yellow colour solution. around 40% was evaporated by leaving it under a radiator with a hairdryer on cool blowing on it, the rest was naturally by a window. The DMT (presumably) was stuck to the plate while there was still some of naptha left, it was then scraped to one side and left a sand type substance.

My mate said theres a chance it could be 5meodmt which can be dangerous, how can this be checked?

Its still pretty wet but itll give some idea of whats been left.

funkatron9000
#7 Posted : 6/6/2009 4:18:57 PM

*WARNING* Classified Information

Voodoo wrote:
Guys I dont know whether this sand type substance is safe: *overview of process* 50g of bark was left in the lye/water/naptha solution for about 2 weeks, I stirred it every couple of days. When it came to extracting the naptha from the top there was an emulsion which was removed pretty easily by sticking the jar in a hot water bath. Then the naptha was removed tediously with an eye dropper (about 150ml) and put on a plate, it was a yellow colour solution. around 40% was evaporated by leaving it under a radiator with a hairdryer on cool blowing on it, the rest was naturally by a window. The DMT (presumably) was stuck to the plate while there was still some of naptha left, it was then scraped to one side and left a sand type substance.

My mate said theres a chance it could be 5meodmt which can be dangerous, how can this be checked?

Quote:
50g of bark was left in the lye/water/naptha solution for about 2 weeks, I stirred it every couple of days.

lol, wow. I let mine sit like an hour before I throw in my naptha. GJ though on your extraction. looks like it might need to be cleaned up abit but that looks like the stuff Smile
Earthlings, I have travled from an incredibly distant star to observe the ways of your planet.
You have the honor of representing your entire race, as my sample subjects.
Disbelief is futile. The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all. Sees all.
Do not speak to me, do not alter your normal human behavior in any way. You know not the elaborite criteria by witch you are to be judged.
Ignore my presence and go about your Earthly business.
Ignore me!
-GGI-

West-en
#8 Posted : 6/6/2009 6:38:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason your DMT is impure (yes, it's quite impure) is because you did not do a freeze precip!
When pulling out DMT with naphtha, you got a couple of other substances along with the DMT. When you evaporate the naphtha, all the solids that were in the solution will end up in a mess. When doing a freeze precipitation, only solids that are insoluble in low temperature naphtha will fall out of the solution (and this is mostly DMT). Quite easy to understand.
Evaporate and you get all the solids in the solution in one mess (DMT among others).
Freeze precipitate and you get the solids that are insoluble in naphtha, in low temperatures (DMT).
If you want to clean your mess, then you do a recrystallization!
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

omiko
#9 Posted : 6/6/2009 7:03:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

West-en wrote:
The reason your DMT is impure (yes, it's quite impure) is because you did not do a freeze precip!
When pulling out DMT with naphtha, you got a couple of other substances along with the DMT. When you evaporate the naphtha, all the solids that were in the solution will end up in a mess. When doing a freeze precipitation, only solids that are insoluble in low temperature naphtha will fall out of the solution (and this is mostly DMT). Quite easy to understand.
Evaporate and you get all the solids in the solution in one mess (DMT among others).
Freeze precipitate and you get the solids that are insoluble in naphtha, in low temperatures (DMT).

I just had great success and got beautiful, beautiful long light yellow crystals by just doing air evap. Although, I am trying freeze precip on my next pulls to see the difference.

Voodoo
#10 Posted : 6/6/2009 7:25:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

West-en wrote:

This should probably be done since decent naptha wasnt even used it was a cheap low odour white spirit and the ingredients were not even stated on the back, so who knows what toxins are in there.

To recrystalise and freeze, can the powder simply be redisolved in more naptha then freeze it?

Thanks for the feedback btw its appreciated.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 6/6/2009 7:39:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd disolve your extract in as little fluid as possible. I wouldn't use the white spirit for re-xtalisation, I'd get a lighter fluid or something. Then you want to sit it on some warm water for a couple of hours and a strainer or something in a pan, hopefully your impurities should drop out, then you let the solvent cool to room temperature for another couple of hours, then 3 in the fridge then leave it in the freezer overnight.

Voodoo
#12 Posted : 6/6/2009 7:55:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so basically put it in a better quality naptha (lighter fluid), then: dmt/solvent solution, in a glass container, on a strainer, in a pan filled with water, on top of low heat? then let it cool in a room, then cool it more in a fridge, then the freezer?

soulfood
#13 Posted : 6/6/2009 8:27:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Yup.

Hopefully some oils will be seen at the bottom of whatever you put the dmt/solvent in. If you have an eye-dropper or something you should suck that out, or at least pour the solvent off carefully and try not to get those oils back in.

Though that's just for super clean DMT. You could really just disolve your DMT in a solvent and whack it in the freezer.

That's good enough for most.

West-en
#14 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:27:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voodoo wrote:
so basically put it in a better quality naptha (lighter fluid), then: dmt/solvent solution, in a glass container, on a strainer, in a pan filled with water, on top of low heat? then let it cool in a room, then cool it more in a fridge, then the freezer?

Take a warm water bath and put a container with your extract in it, also have a container with naphtha in the same water bath. Then you try and make a minimum solution with your extract by adding little warm naphtha over time until everything is dissolved. When you have a solution without solid particles in it, you simply let it cool outside the bath. Some (more) pure DMT crystals should then have formed when your solution hits room temperature, but a lot more is to come. If you want you can filter these out (or simply let them rest there, no harm) and then put the container into the fridge, let it cool, and then visit the freezer. The point here is that DMT will fall out successively when the solution cools down, while a lot other compounds (and a little DMT) will stay soluble. The rest is simple, pour it through a filter, let the out-filtered crystals dry and then sort out the pure DMT by hand (if there are some other stuff there). The solution will probably not contain much more goodies, and you can either throw it your blend it in next pull/extraction.
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.