We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Being new and my first extraction Options

recrystallized
#1 Posted : 6/5/2009 10:17:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all your unknown help in my first extraction. Without the opportunity to spend countless hours here reading things would not have gone so smoothly. First extraction was using Nomans TEK and was 600grams split between two jars and came out with about 6.5 grams of almost pure white spice. I was the most suprised to see a greater than 1% return on my first extraction. I was wondering if you guys think maybe I just got lucky/great bark or what? I don't think it is because of weight from impurities due to the coloration of the spice, could it be people that estimate a lower than 1% return are giving room for numerous errors? Anyways just glad to finally be part of this unique community and wanted to give my thanks for all the help I got here on my first extraction.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

HappyCamper
#2 Posted : 6/5/2009 10:28:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Razz
I wouldn't say you got lucky. I didn't read all too much on the subject before I jumped in to it; not smart. Now I know better

West-en
#3 Posted : 6/6/2009 6:49:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should take into account that the DMT-levels in MHRB differs wildly between suppliers, and even between batches. Too make stuff even more complicated DMT oxidates to DMT N-Oxide over time (this can be converted to DMT before pulling though), so for best results your root bark should be pretty fresh. Other than that, it's up to you and your extraction. One big factor is how many pulls you did, over how long time you did the extractions and the amount used. Pretty much everything counts in, so I would say that it was partly luck and partly a good extraction! Congratulations! Smile
When it comes to suppliers and their different root bark, I've heard about some selling (old) stuff that generates only about 0.5% yield. At the some time, I've heard about certain stores selling fresh powder from which extractions can pull over 2%...
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.