We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV8990919293NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nen888
#1801 Posted : 1/15/2015 11:35:25 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..thanks DreaMTripper, interesting..and thanks also for the A. pycnantha pics on the previous page..

and thanks Sharps for the experiment report..is much friendlier than hacking a living tree..i suspect it is rain which eliminates alkaloids from dead trees..

BundleflowerPower wrote:
This may be a bit off topic but I just read nen's article in the nexian.

http://the-nexian.me/hom...-killing-the-environment

That's so sad. But thanks for writing that. I'd also like to thank everyone who grows the plants. I just received some Acacia Confusa, Nilotica and Madenii seeds. I won't be ordering bark anymore.

..it's totally on topic BundleflowerPower..!

this thread is essentially for the appreciation of these particular life forms..

the entheogenic community needs to weed some of it's elements and modus operandi..
what is astounding is that it is directly because of entheogenic interest that they are now suffering, and in a few cases in serious danger..
the species i simply refer to as 'species C' (due to it's rarity - one location, less than 1000 adult trees) had info about it's content circulated in the so-called entheogenic scene..so bad is the current damage situation that it could easily be extincted from the wild at the present rate of damage..

the impact of market forces in the entheogenic world is extremely damaging..
if we care about the natural world, we should be demanding proof of sustainability, ethics and growing..

bbing wrote:
Quote:
It would be cool to use some genomic testing and track retail sources to places. Time for nexians to ranger-up!
..yes! this has been discussed in a few places quietly lately..

Seldom wrote:
Quote:
Acacias are not entry level 'dmt plants'.
..indeed..

..if you are just interested in DMT, then this is NOT the thread for you! ..there are many other compounds in a lot of acacias..some that you do not want to ingest..

again, i call for the BOYCOTT OF THE SALE OF DMT..
this would actually have an impact in stopping destruction..
become self sufficient..or associate with people who are, and who are interested in mental expansion, as opposed to profit..
..the karma of such 'unclean' 'dmt' will damage those involved, and who unquestionably accept it..

in terms of large scale sustainability, Phalaris species and/or genetically modified yeast/bacteria (which is being worked on by one knowledgeable nexian) are the real options..acacias are for those who love the trees themselves..

[also, the DMT Nexus policy is opposed to the sale (or buying) of DMT..and there are very intelligent good reasons for this]

..as bbing calls for, 'ranger-up' Nexians..if you have an idea what people are responsible for this..
you will be defending whole species over greedy individuals..

on a happy note..a lot more trees are being grown now as a result of the Nexus, and it's acacia threads..

long may the trees live!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sharps
#1802 Posted : 1/15/2015 3:21:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd assume several months dead, the bark had started to fall off and there was no signs of leaves or anthing of that sort. Will do! thanks for the comment!

xram
#1803 Posted : 1/17/2015 4:34:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that the broad-phyllode acuminata is the one with the betacarbolines. IIRC the narrow-phyllode variety has a very clean nn profile (at least in the phyllodes).

I'd love to see pics of your process if you have them. A friend just started a bunch of baby acuminatas, but there's not much on the net about them yet.

Sharps
#1804 Posted : 1/18/2015 4:43:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some pictures of the plant on improving acacia thread however I don't have any of the xtrac - I assuemd it was going to fail and didn't think ahead hah

polmos
#1805 Posted : 1/24/2015 6:15:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im curious about one thing that I have never seen any info on.

When an acacias bark is tested for alkaloid %,
Like say narrow phyllode acuminata bark being up to 1.5% dmt.

Do those numbers take into account all the old outer crumbly dry
part of the bark which has none or very little alkaloids in it. Or just the inner alkaloid containing bark ?
All questions i ask here are strictly theoretical.

nen888
#1806 Posted : 1/28/2015 10:15:18 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..polmos, hi..the methodology of the published papers that quoted figures like that come from differ, but in general, the entire material would be shredded..not specifically the inner layers..
differing methodology, however, can lead to differing results, and some quick test methods would absolutely not get most alkaloids out..
however acacias are varied and their own territory..as i've said earlier, complex polymer matrices (tars etc) can create membranes, and effect or completely prevent many simple non-polar extraction methods..careful observation and adjustment of parameters is required..and an understanding of the factors in the process..low percentage or 'negative' results on many acacias may be due to this factor..

experimentation is one thing..acacias, however, are not 'standardised' plants..thus moves towards commodification are unwise, beyond ethics..they are not like 'chacruna' (P. virdis) with long and extensive studies and recorded history of usage, and fairly stable alkaloid profile due to selection..or M. hostilis (tenuiflora) which seems relatively stable, and consistent..
they are a huge and varied genus..with a huge range of different attributes going on..

acacias are interesting (is what the thread's point became, after the call for sustainability and respect)
..but they require a lot of time, and research, to understand..that's the real journey..
look after the trees..
symbiosis..

respect to the trees..

Seldom
#1807 Posted : 3/26/2015 3:52:06 AM

Wiradjuri

Wood from Hawaii's acacia Koa, a close relative of Australia's melanoxylon :

(I feel I've gotten all I can from tryptamines, but as a didj crafter this blows my mind)

Good vibes, future robots

acacian
#1808 Posted : 3/30/2015 1:12:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful creations and timber! nice post seldom (and hope your well up north havent talked in ages)

i've recently moved to the dandenong area and i've been amazed at how many acacias fall over from wind/stormy weather. would love to try crafting some nice house items out of some of the wood sometime

DreaMTripper
#1809 Posted : 4/2/2015 9:48:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After smoking some goo from ACRB, no doubt NMT (although no TLC etc was done on it) I now recall that unmistakeable aroma and taste (flowery slightly acrid but clean) was also got from an a.verticillata extract, also a.longifolia and a.mearnsii.

nen888
#1810 Posted : 4/4/2015 8:14:29 AM
member for the trees

^..thank you DreaMTripper..very interesting..good experimentation and pioneering..
and thank you Seldom and acacian..always good to hear from you two.. Smile

..i'll get back into some acacia information soon

..they are ultimately lovely life forms to me..

first, here is another kind of acacia information..which i learned recently
..a man (i may name) was arrested in australia a few weeks ago with over a kilo of acacia derived 'dmt' (amongst other things) ..i say good.

the environment cannot withstand this..this is hundreds of trees dead..
this is the unconscious 'changa' market..
..so i thank the people who found this tree rapist..
if anybody out there thinks they can continue to exploit wild habitats on this scale, and not be known about..think again..

those who caringly, consciously, and sustainably seek their own insight, for spiritual growth, through the plants..i wish you well..and add that in a focused path, use of such things need only be occasional, for the best results..

..the trees have breathed one giant sigh of relief..

now, remember what i said earlier about karma..?

regen within national parks may need to be done..

i deeply thank, on behalf of the trees, those who care about them and respect them,
and those who grow them..nexians have taken the lead in sustainable practices..
this is truly the way forward..for all species..

now...let's get back into the love of trees, and information..and the spirit
@

nen888
#1811 Posted : 4/4/2015 10:54:38 AM
member for the trees

"If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

(Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi)

acacian
#1812 Posted : 4/5/2015 1:57:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was the article clear on whether the "acacia derived dmt" was a kilo of extract or a kilo of bark? i'm aware that the law does not distinguish between plant and substance in regards to weight. either way if the guy was doing damage i don't hold a great deal of sympathy either. I recently visited a species which is well known for its tryptamine content but rare and confined to the one area ..and its been taking a beating.
it was pretty disturbing this time around - the last time I was there I saw a tree completely stripped off its bark.. a haunting white skeleton was left over and there were a few others with branches carelessly snapped off live trees. though it was only the odd tree with this sort of damage. this time round damage could be observed all the way up the mountain... i probably saw about 30 dying trees - with really quite malicious damage done...all on display for the public. in some cases you could tell the person got tired of trying to twist off such a thick branch so they just left it there hanging off the tree and moved onto an easier one. there were knife marks in trees with square pieces of bark missing. I'll never forget seeing a couple trees which had been attacked and looking down to see a subway wrapper littered at the base of one of them.
I guess while a lot of people are into the tryptamines for noble reasons it only takes one or two dickheads to fuck it all up. the ironic thing I'll recall which wira said much earlier in the thread is that this medicine may be the very thing that heals these people. but I think in most cases probably not.. if they are just looking for money they may never even try what they extract

nen I am interested what you mean by the unconscious changa market? would you say that changa is sold more than crystal? or do you refer to the party friendly tryptamine use that changa tends to promote (due perhaps to its easy preparation in joints at festivals/weaker blends which are more forgiving in social situations etc)

below a beautiful sight I recently beheld..
acacian attached the following image(s):
spider acacia.jpg (2,336kb) downloaded 182 time(s).

nen888
#1813 Posted : 4/5/2015 4:31:43 AM
member for the trees

^..make no mistake..it was more than a kilo of crystal from acacias..that's over 1000 grams..hundreds of dead trees..
the info was via someone who knew of the person..and it was headed for the 'changa' commercial scene..

Quote:
nen I am interested what you mean by the unconscious changa market? would you say that changa is sold more than crystal? or do you refer to the party friendly tryptamine use that changa tends to promote (due perhaps to its easy preparation in joints at festivals/weaker blends which are more forgiving in social situations etc)

yes, this is what i mean..changa has become a way that large amounts of dmt is sold for often recreational purposes..from a national park to a dance party..shipped off to israel..
and this context people are not breaking through with this changa..it's an ego pampering, not the initiation into the mystery..it's frivolity..

i also mean that it's unconscious because of the lack of awareness of where the 'dmt' has come from, the ethics, sustainability etc..changa salesmen contribute to this lack of awareness..

this is selling out the bush, and the dreamtime..

the wise i feel would learn from a site like the nexus, become self empowered, and avoid the commodification of the sacred and the environment..

thanks for your comments, and the nice picture acacian..

TheAwakening
#1814 Posted : 4/5/2015 4:52:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to hear one of the mongrels has been caught, it's sad seeing all these 'nature loving hippies' buying this stuff from forces which are definitely not pure. Thanks for the update nen!

On the other hand it's a shame to hear about the sacred wattle of the mountain Acacian. The area has special significance to me so I feel quite protective of it. I went for a brief explore to the area back in November and didn't see many trees but was in a bit of a rush so didn't get to explore too deeply. I'll be heading back down that way soon and hope to get more of an explore in. If it's any consolidation to you there are people who have started cultivating the wattle with decent success as far as I have heard. The plant takes well from cuttings so I've heard, would be good if we could get some kind of group set up to preserve this plant and try regenerate their numbers long term.

Be well acacians!

nen888
#1815 Posted : 4/5/2015 4:10:56 PM
member for the trees

^..and you be well TheAwakening too

acacian's report is sadly familiar..
the spirit gives the strength to try to raise awareness and change things for the better..

..this is acacia law

please be kind to trees

@

Bl1nd
#1816 Posted : 4/6/2015 10:48:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seldom wrote:
Wood from Hawaii's acacia Koa, a close relative of Australia's melanoxylon :

(I feel I've gotten all I can from tryptamines, but as a didj crafter this blows my mind)

Good vibes, future robots

This has just blown my mind. The flames, ripples, dang, I wish I was as happy with wood as yourself. Regional town of Blackwood, Victoria seems is Acacia Melanoxylon. I have some pieces maturing for a friend who makes pocket knives, will try and post some photos if I can get them stained and looking worthy.
... not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Life is just a ride - Bill Hicks.

wira
#1817 Posted : 4/9/2015 3:16:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper, you mentioned the familiar aroma of A. verticillata extracts (as well as longifolia and mearnsii) - could you elaborate at all? Were these extracts active or did they just have a similar smell? (A. verticillata is a new report as far as I'm aware, so curious... and mearnsii has had rumours of the occasional useful specimen, but not reliabley so...?)
acacian, so sad to hear of your report... I presume I know the plant and place you mean. Very upsetting Sad
Those wood patterns are so beautiful!

DreaMTripper
#1818 Posted : 4/10/2015 9:44:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wira wrote:
DreaMTripper, you mentioned the familiar aroma of A. verticillata extracts (as well as longifolia and mearnsii) - could you elaborate at all? Were these extracts active or did they just have a similar smell? (A. verticillata is a new report as far as I'm aware, so curious... and mearnsii has had rumours of the occasional useful specimen, but not reliabley so...?)
acacian, so sad to hear of your report... I presume I know the plant and place you mean. Very upsetting Sad
Those wood patterns are so beautiful!

Sure, the verticillata extract was of a small quantity of clear oil contaminated with tannins/tar due to flawed and clumsy methodology but smelt like ACRB extract with an overtone of vegetables Confused , unsure if it was active due to contamination so it was discarded after a lighter test.
The mearnsii and longifolia extracts smelt and tasted very very much like ACRB clear goo and produced near identical effects of a anxiolytic warm body glow and music sounding more defined aswell as a sense of being more connected to nature with a heightened sense of awareness.

chocobeastie
#1819 Posted : 4/11/2015 9:01:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:

and this context people are not breaking through with this changa..it's an ego pampering, not the initiation into the mystery..it's frivolity..

It MIGHT appear as a frivolity to some and that may well lead them to try it and find out that the rabbit is a lot deeper than they thought it was! Laughing

I think DMT is intense anyway you swing it, and in my travels haven't met any people who take it lightly, though I'm sure such people exist.

It is worth keeping in mind that Changa is similar to Ayahuasca in that it is a sub-breakthrough experience, there are a lot of people out there drinking pissweak ayahuasca, and it does become a kind of egoic pampering as you say.

nen888 wrote:

the wise i feel would learn from a site like the nexus, become self empowered, and avoid the commodification of the sacred and the environment..

And this is really the issue, only a very, very few people are naturally inclined to take these steps. I understand you are more aligned with the Aldous Huxley approach, that DMT should only be for the "elite", but also there are a lot of people who have woken up from smoking Changa only once, who didn't even know about it the previous week before they smoked it.

To my mind, it is up to "the wise" to share it with their community and actively become a missionary and share it with the right people, at the right time.

A lot of people are just going to keep on bouncing, business as usual after smoking DMT - but that is their inclination, I wouldn't worry about them.

chocobeastie
#1820 Posted : 4/11/2015 9:08:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I posted a Yoda quote, then realised they were ALL good!

http://www.yodaquotes.net

«PREV8990919293NEXT»