We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Help! Little White Bugs Popping Up Options

DMTripper
#21 Posted : 2/14/2015 12:15:12 AM

John Murdoch IV

These are not spidermites. They're not white.
I think I know what this is. I mean I've had these too but don't know what exactly it is. But are they very tiny and do they sometimes jump up and around?
I've sometimes had these white bugs crawling around in the soil and jumping upp very high (compared to their size.) I don't think they've ever done any damage.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Gone-and-Back
#22 Posted : 2/15/2015 3:24:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
These are not spidermites. They're not white.
I think I know what this is. I mean I've had these too but don't know what exactly it is. But are they very tiny and do they sometimes jump up and around?
I've sometimes had these white bugs crawling around in the soil and jumping upp very high (compared to their size.) I don't think they've ever done any damage.

This is exactly what they do. I have still yet to see them actually attacking the plant. The only time I saw one on the plant, it crawled on, and then jumped off immediately.

I'm glad to know that others have seen these and that they don't cause damage. The last few grows I did there was no pests to worry about. That was with the plant being kept in a sealed box though, this one is just sitting in a closet with a light. I deep cleaned that room though before planting it, for there was a very gross individual living in there for a while. So I'm surprised that these bugs even showed up
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

GOD
#23 Posted : 2/15/2015 4:16:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

= Sping tails . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtail They are usualy not " dangerous " unless they apear in MASSES .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

adam
#24 Posted : 2/16/2015 3:55:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

azamax .... dunk the whole thing in a solution of it.

Gone-and-Back
#25 Posted : 2/28/2015 4:55:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well whatever the bugs were, they disappeared and have not shown up in a while.

I'm glad to report that the plant seems to be thriving! Just completed the first transplant. It became root bound in the solo cup, so I transplanted to a three gallon pot. It will probably stay in this the rest of its life cycle.

Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,592kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
image.jpg (1,639kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
image.jpg (1,288kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Gone-and-Back
#26 Posted : 3/29/2015 12:51:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Glad to report there are no more bugs. The plant seems to be very happy and healthy. I have it in an organic soil that is super well draining, it's like half perlite.

I have not added any nutrients, but may do so soon as it seems to have stopped growing taller. The leaves are not as dark green anymore either, so I'm thinking it needs more nitrogen.

Anyways, I'm glad it's alive. It's just some random seed, probably nothing special. But we shall see. We shall see...

Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,358kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
image.jpg (1,714kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

PREV12