We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to exhaust the bark during the acid cooks? Options

MachineElf88
#1 Posted : 3/27/2015 11:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After enough repeated boils will the acidified water I am pulling eventually lose it's colour and go from the purple/reddish to grey which signifies I've exhausted the bark?

I get consistently low yields. I follow the teks but I wonder if maybe for some reason I'm not getting the most out of it at this stage. In the end I can't seem to get above ~0.3% after re X ing.

I did 5 X 1 hour boils but the liquid I was pulling was still reddish. I wonder can I just keep boiling and pulling until it loses colour?

From my last extraction the basified solution was definitely exhausted, it will not give any more, but I still have the bark so I'm going to boil it some more and try again, nothing to lose.

Everything else is on point. My pH levels are correct. I use phosphoric or fumaric acid and a solvent that I know from past use works very well in an STB.

It could be just weak bark but I think it's more likely that I'm making a mistake somewhere.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DansMaTete
#2 Posted : 3/28/2015 12:22:53 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Did you try Cyb's tek ?
Cyb's Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek
Cyb's MAX ION Tek

They are in between A/B and STB and you keep the bark in the solution until pulling, imo, there is less risk to leave some magic behind.

You didn't tell if you work with MHRB or Acacia RB but those tek work with both, the only difference is you want to process a mini A/B at the end of the tek if you use Acacia.

As here
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

OrionFyre
#3 Posted : 3/28/2015 6:10:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MachineElf88 wrote:
I get consistently low yields. I follow the teks but I wonder if maybe for some reason I'm not getting the most out of it at this stage. In the end I can't seem to get above ~0.3% after re X ing.

Are you consistently getting low yields from material from multiple vendors or are you still working on the same batch?

If your source material is bunk, you're going to get bunk.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 3/28/2015 8:44:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5 x1 hour boils at pH 2-4 is easily enough its more than likely a low alkaloid bark.

MachineElf88
#5 Posted : 3/28/2015 11:12:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies.

It's all from the same batch but it comes from a reputable vendor. The reason I'm doing an A/B as opposed to Cyb's tek is I was doing a slightly larger extraction so A/B was the way to go to avoid massive amounts of water.

I think I'll do cybs tek on a smaller amount to test the bark and see what I can get then I'll know if it's my technique or the bark. In the past I've got 2% from using cyb's tek on a different batch.

It'll be interesting if I manage to get a large yield from cyb's tek because then I'll have to debug my A/B technique and see where I'm going wrong.

Do you guys have experience of getting good and bad batches from a particular vendor or does it tend to always be one or the other? ie. once you find good vendor, their product is always good.

cyb
#6 Posted : 3/28/2015 11:54:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

MachineElf88 wrote:
Do you guys have experience of getting good and bad batches from a particular vendor or does it tend to always be one or the other? ie. once you find good vendor, their product is always good.

There is NO discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds.

Sorry, I'm afraid you can't have that conversation Stop
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

OrionFyre
#7 Posted : 3/28/2015 4:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
MachineElf88 wrote:

There is NO discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds.

Sorry, I'm afraid you can't have that conversation Stop

I disagree with you here cyb. There's no sourcing talk being mentioned. The discsussion is trending towards batch variability in an abstract sense. No vendors being spoken about and no absolutes.

Batch variability has been discussed ad nauseam on numerous other threads OP. it's common
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

cyb
#8 Posted : 3/28/2015 5:31:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

OrionFyre wrote:
There's no sourcing talk being mentioned.

True, but MachineElf88 is inviting a discussion on 'Acquiring' material (read: illegal drugs) from online vendors.
Bark, whether you like it or not, is illegal in most places and discussing the acquisition of said material on an open, public forum is against the rules set down by the Administration.

The rules here are for specific reasons. For the safety of the site, The Admin and the users.

So while you might disagree, The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds. Wink

Also see : THIS thread:
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

1ce
#9 Posted : 3/28/2015 7:59:28 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

I would add my bark to boiling acetic acid held under reflux for 24 hrs. After that I was lucky to get 50mg from a second extraction with chloroform as my solvent.

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 3/28/2015 8:04:06 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

cyb wrote:
The rules here are for specific reasons. For the safety of the site, The Admin and the users.

Also check this thread to be more aware:
[IMPORTANT] No buying/selling/procuring, why?

As you can read on that other link from cyb, DMT containing material like MHRB and ACRB have entered the dark gray areas to say the least and as such you can bet we will enforce that same rule on them as well.

For us we cannot allow gray areas, we either stay clean or go.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

MachineElf88
#11 Posted : 3/28/2015 8:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My apologies, I wasn't aware this was a breach of the rules. Feel free to delete the thread.

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 3/28/2015 9:13:14 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

MachineElf88 wrote:
My apologies, I wasn't aware this was a breach of the rules. Feel free to delete the thread.

Apart from the supplier discussion this thread is good to continue. So please proceed with the ideas.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

shanedudddy2
#13 Posted : 4/3/2015 2:42:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have extracted from Mimosa probably around 8 times, and from Acacia Confusa ~ 10 times, and in my experience, Confusa is incredibly variable.
Sometimes I have gotten large amounts of NMT, and almost no DMT...other times, decent amount of DMT, and minimal NMT.
This is despite my technique having remained almost identical, with exception to my improved recrystallization process.
Are you using Mimosa or Confusa?