We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting Back to Work Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 3/5/2009 3:26:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Sorry for the long hiatus from working on the wiki, school's been very time-consuming. I've got a break next week, so I'll try to get a lot done during that time. Maybe I'll even learn how to write a template! I think I'll probably start with a materials list template. Other than that, I'm planning to focus mainly on the handbook.

There hasn't been a whole lot of activity over the last week. We could really use more hands. If you're fairly new to the community, this is the perfect chance to motivate yourself to do some research and bring yourself up to speed. If you're fairly experienced, I'm sure you could knock out some articles right off the top of your head, so why not help out?

Most SWIMers in the community keep themselves pretty busy with research and development, but much of that is destined to be obscured by lengthy, aged threads and disjointed reports. Newcomers may as well be starting from scratch unless we clearly document these developments. There's no reason we can't work toward clear and concise summaries of the common and not-so-common knowledge on this board. Individually authored PDF's simply aren't enough and are soon swept under the rug as their novelty wears off or as the forum itself renders them obsolete.

This is a chance to document the extremely important developments of this forum in an accessible, enduring and sustainable format. This is the community's chance to leave a legacy that may surpass and outlive it.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 3/5/2009 7:38:16 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

With a bit of luck I've got some time next week too. I'm really busy at work and my private life ain't boring either but some spare time must be found once in a while.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 3/5/2009 1:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

agreed...we really should focus on this...i wonder if there was a way of highlighting things that we see here that are really well done..and having it imported into the wiki..it might save a lot of time
it's a sound

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 3/5/2009 4:09:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the community portal, simply add links to the forum following the topic on the to-do list. That's the best I can come up with at the moment.

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 3/13/2009 7:30:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I created some new templates:
materials list
procedure
botanics info

and applied them here:
DMT-Containing Plants
The Nexian DMT Handbook

It looks a helluva lot cleaner now, and it should be much easier to simply fill in information. I've been using the text editor on ubuntu to speed up the process, since it allows me to find all occurrences of specific bits of text and replace them all at once. I'm not sure if windows has an equivalent or not, but I'm sure there is.

I added a little bit more to the handbook itself, but learning to make templates and applying them has eaten up all my time thus far. I'm going to finish up with the plants page and then see what else I can do...maybe more templates.

amor_fati
#6 Posted : 3/15/2009 12:40:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took the liberty of applying a format that I've been working on in the sandbox to the Community Portal. The format's based on the main page, I figured it would mesh a bit better, while maintaining full functionality. The only problem is that I don't know how to override the page title.

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 3/15/2009 1:19:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Great work amor_fati! It looks really well.

I removed the page title from the community portal by adding a line in the https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/MediaWiki:Common.css

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 6/3/2009 11:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once again, I'm back to work on the wiki. I'll try to stay away from posting on the forums as much as possible, so that I can get more work done.

Two new pages:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Jorkest%27s_D-Limonene_and_Fumaric_Acid_Approach
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FASA_Alteration_of_Final_Purification
both need markup.

Two new templates:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Template:TekHeader
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/TemplateRazzageFooter
The footer seems all right, probably just needs to be implemented. The header is having problems with the second parameter where the reference goes. I'll probably give that one the option for multiple references, as well.

I need to add some images to 69ron's limonene extraction of tricho. I uploaded the images, and I'll take care of that soon.

balaganist
#9 Posted : 6/4/2009 10:45:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM thinks 69ron's Limonene tek should be in there, its very simple and works very well especially for making Changa. SWIM also just tried a combination of 69ron's tek for initial extraction using Limonene and vinegar, and then Syzygypsy's suggestion of freebasing using sodum carbonate and ISO, and finally evap'ing direct onto leaf.
Worked very well and seems to result in cleaner product at the end (much less limonene residue). I'd be up for writing this up but SWIM says he needs to try a few more times, esp to work out amounts etc as he was guessing half the time (for the 2nd half anyway).
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 6/4/2009 9:14:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

balaganist wrote:
SWIM thinks 69ron's Limonene tek should be in there, its very simple and works very well especially for making Changa. SWIM also just tried a combination of 69ron's tek for initial extraction using Limonene and vinegar, and then Syzygypsy's suggestion of freebasing using sodum carbonate and ISO, and finally evap'ing direct onto leaf.
Worked very well and seems to result in cleaner product at the end (much less limonene residue). I'd be up for writing this up but SWIM says he needs to try a few more times, esp to work out amounts etc as he was guessing half the time (for the 2nd half anyway).

I'll get those up when I get the chance. In the meantime, perhaps you could help by posting links directly to the most relevant and helpful posts regarding these topics? I can get them transferred to the community portal. You could do this yourself, but the = signs in the urls would have to be changed to "=" to show up properly--something yet to be ironed out on the portal.

If you want to request a page or start one yourself, simply edit the to do list in the portal by adding [[name of page]] followed by [links to the threads or other references]. Then if you want to transcribe the tek to the page or otherwise edit the page, simply follow the links you've created.