We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Throat signing with the spice... Options

amor_fati
#21 Posted : 5/31/2009 1:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This guy's style is pretty close to the direction I'm heading with mine: http://www.youtube.com/user/larsfrojd

I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNVrmW0VL2I

I've gotten so much better at it just within the last few days. When I started watching people on youtube, it instilled some very competitive feelings in me.

You've all seen Genghis Blues, right?

pinche wrote:
How can one learn to throat sing?I did a quick google search and could not find anything very detailed.If anyone has a good link to a site or youtube video please post it.

And if anyone tries this with spice please give a report.

There's a few tutorials on youtube. I learned just by listening to a guy describe how he does it on NPR and by listening to a lot of Tuvan music. The best way to learn is to just try it by manipulating every muscle involved with vocalization (throat, tongue, lips, neck, etc.).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SWIMfriend
#22 Posted : 5/31/2009 2:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pinche wrote:
How can one learn to throat sing?I did a quick google search and could not find anything very detailed.If anyone has a good link to a site or youtube video please post it.

I posted a link in post #3

Bancopuma
#23 Posted : 5/31/2009 4:01:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I might be overhyping it slightly, but as spice is a natural feature of our metabolism, and responds so deeply to this vocalising...if one was to master it, I think they could eventually put themselves in a deep trance without actually taking anything...maybe one day.

Thanks for the feedback, have lots of tutorials to check out...has been a while since I have had a chance to vocalise...but will report back Smile

smokeydaze
#24 Posted : 5/31/2009 4:05:34 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

amor_fati wrote:
This guy's style is pretty close to the direction I'm heading with mine: http://www.youtube.com/user/larsfrojd

I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNVrmW0VL2I

I've gotten so much better at it just within the last few days. When I started watching people on youtube, it instilled some very competitive feelings in me.

You've all seen Genghis Blues, right?

pinche wrote:

There's a few tutorials on youtube. I learned just by listening to a guy describe how he does it on NPR and by listening to a lot of Tuvan music. The best way to learn is to just try it by manipulating every muscle involved with vocalization (throat, tongue, lips, neck, etc.).

I didn't even have to learn, just started doing it on DMT one day and it sounded amazing! I was like I wish I could do this all the time Sad
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

pinche
#25 Posted : 6/1/2009 10:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend
#26 Posted : 6/1/2009 11:09:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pinche wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOWn8q63DA

That's a great one. I had wondered whether it was possible to hit all ranges. Most of the vids on youtube keep to a single range--so I didn't know whether that was a limitation of the singer.

970Codfert
#27 Posted : 6/2/2009 1:09:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome thread! Very happy

Quote:
I might be overhyping it slightly, but as spice is a natural feature of our metabolism, and responds so deeply to this vocalising...if one was to master it, I think they could eventually put themselves in a deep trance without actually taking anything...maybe one day.

Thanks for the feedback, have lots of tutorials to check out...has been a while since I have had a chance to vocalise...but will report back

One of my best friends had a roommate who quit smoking pot due to his martial arts. He was going crazy wanting to burn and ended up finding a good chanting exercise that gave him similar results. Now he chants every time he wants to get high and it is more than sufficient to curb any craving, or even just to relax after work or school. I think we could definitely be on to something.
All posts are fictional.

Phlux-
#28 Posted : 6/2/2009 2:15:23 PM

The Root

Im so Glad ppl are getting interested and antrocles - i know how u feel - many times iv been at work, in the elevator going up or down throat singing (the lift is a perfect place to get amazing tones) and suddenly without warning the doors fling open and there is a crowd of ppl waiting to board the lift staring at me like im crazy - hehe do it all the time. It seriously is our best tool for navigation, communication, and manipulating the hyperspace environment.

here is a good tutorial to get started

http://www.busker-kibbut.../HOW-TO/crashcourse.html

if you download a program like spectogram or something you can check your styles against these

http://www.mcld.co.uk/throatsinging/

these links may help too
http://sed.free.fr/khoomei/kargyraa.html
khoomei.org

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

SWIMfriend
#29 Posted : 6/2/2009 3:49:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great links, Phlux!

970Codfert
#30 Posted : 6/2/2009 4:40:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow awesome links!

I wish I had a microphone, I have a couple of music software programs that would be cool work with this stuff on.
All posts are fictional.

Phlux-
#31 Posted : 6/2/2009 4:58:43 PM

The Root

record yourself then slow it down - the results are amazing.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

970Codfert
#32 Posted : 6/2/2009 5:12:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha that's it, I'm buying one this week. I can only imagine. How funny I've known how to do this for years, I never thought it would have this type of application.
All posts are fictional.

amor_fati
#33 Posted : 6/2/2009 5:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM can't wait to try with one of these:

Tascam 4-Track Cassette Recorder Kit with Condenser Microphone and Studio Monitor Headphones

It'll be fun to layer the vocals, and maybe put some instruments in as well.

970Codfert
#34 Posted : 6/2/2009 5:55:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dope! that will be fun stuff!!Very happy
All posts are fictional.

pinche
#35 Posted : 6/4/2009 6:56:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was in the "Sacred Geometry in Real Time" thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi3sdWEEVCU

This is basically what is happening when i voice a tone.Usually i do an OM for the first part of a trip. The fractals and patterns will stabilize but once i get fully engulfed by the vision i have not been able to make the tone again.

Cymatics seems to be involved in some way. Has anyone else tried making tones or sounds during a trip? What are your experiences?

PREV12