We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
N-benzoylmescaline in Piper umbellatum Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 2/6/2015 4:33:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yakugaku zasshi journal of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan 05/2002; 122(4):291-4.

So I stumbled across this today. It makes me think, where else outside of the Cactaceae are we finding mescaline derivatives, besides the disputed Acacias?

It seems this compound is a powerful antimicrobial...

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 2/7/2015 2:36:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting stuff, I'm always fascinated by plant phenethylamines, specially when they turn up in novel places.

So the acacia species reported to produce mescaline and amphetamines have still not been confirmed by another research team?

-EG

wira
#3 Posted : 2/12/2015 2:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Thanks for the news Smile

Keeper Trout
#4 Posted : 2/23/2015 2:22:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

I have two questions I cannot presently resolve:
Was the identification of benzoylmescaline through its isolation and proof of structure or was it entirely through spectral means? The latter approach has been introducing a growing number of potential errors into the literature.
Has anyone else actually confirmed the results from the *2002* paper of Isobe & coworkers?

A more recent investigation posted at http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0378874113007186 (Ferreira da Silva et al 2014 Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 151: 137–143) mentioned the account of Isobe but did not appear to share the same phytochemical results.
Roersch (2010) Journal of Ethnopharmacology 131 522–537 also mentioned the results of Isobe and a number of other published analysis but of those only Isobe reported Benzoylmescaline.

On the subject of mescaline and mescaline derivatives in those two Acacias, the answer is clearly no. In between the published details and the conversations that Snozzleberry had with Dr. Forbes, the purported claim of mescaline and assorted other peyote alkaloids in Acacia species looks like it can be regarded as being in doubt or even dismissed as erroneous. This was the best that I could do with what literature I have been able to access: http://sacredcacti.com/blog/acacia/
Most interesting to me was the almost total lack of interest by Clement & crew about making what would have been considered quite novel discoveries by anyone else. I could not even find it mentioned in any of the published accounts as being an unusual find outside of the Cactaceae. Similarly their purported find of nortriptyline was also accompanied by a curious disinterest and lack of any subsequent follow-up.
That part alone should have set off some warning bells for all of us.

deadhead4eva
#5 Posted : 3/19/2015 4:20:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lsd works through the eyes i have done it many timesboth with liquid and blotter by looking up then placing it under the eyelid why wouldnt it work i mean to me it only seems logical it also hit a little faster i dosed 10 hits this way once at one time.
Everything written here is a complete work of fiction for entertainment purposes only.