We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Enhanced leaf failure with electronic vape and questions. Options

sorahtak
#1 Posted : 3/13/2015 11:22:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I was aiming to produce some enhanced leaf for use with an electronic vaporizer (Arizer Extreme Q). No changa or anything fancy, just a convenient way to get a full dose using this device.

I found that when loading it with just DMT, I could never get the vapor condensed enough to break through. It would just keep giving off a series of small hits. If I kept taking hit after hit, reality would get quite warped, but I need to find a way to get it all at once, and I thought enhanced leaf might be a means to that end.

So I dissolved 130 mg of DMT in ~6 mL of acetone and put it in a container with about 130 mg of mint leaf.

When it was dry, I fired it up in the vape using the balloon, which filled with a thick white vapor. What I got upon inhaling it all was a minty fresh smoke and a mild tryptamine buzz.

Out of curiosity I rinsed the container I prepared the leaf in with naptha, and was able to recover a bunch of crystals which clearly had not been infused into the leaf. What was my error here? Do I need to use more leaf vs DMT? Is mint not a good leaf to use?

Furthermore, is there a better way of getting bigger hits out of an electronic vaporizer such as this, or is properly enhanced leaf the best method?

The strongest experience I've had thus far was from putting about 200 mg of DMT in the vape and hitting a full balloon. Still not a breakthrough though, and clearly I'm not getting nearly the full dose all at once, or at least not in a short enough timeframe.

What's the trick here?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sorahtak
#2 Posted : 3/13/2015 11:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, I've had the vaporizer set between 187 and 200 C. Would raising the temperature help vaporize more DMT faster, or would I just risk burning it?

arcologist
#3 Posted : 3/14/2015 1:56:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should use mullein instead, it absorbs a ton of DMT because it's so fluffy. I make it usually at 60% strength (DMT/(DMT + mullein)). If you want minty flavor, get some peppermint oil and put a few drops in the acetone.

I run mine at 200 or 205 usually, 210 would be the max (and only for very fresh leaf). You won't really get a burned flavor until 220+ though. Freshly enhanced leaf (< a few weeks old) will require a higher temperature to get the same vaporization, due to leftover moisture.

You may also need to increase the dose slightly more than usual, since not everything is vaporized the first go (usually around 85%). You can save the remains and throw them in your next extraction to recover the leftover DMT.

I use this method to consistently break through once the dose is figured out for a particular batch.

sorahtak
#4 Posted : 3/16/2015 2:14:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tried again with mullein and got a similar result.

This time dissolved 80 mg DMT in 5-6 mL acetone with 50 mg mullein.

Once again got mild effects from vaping the leaf (stronger than with the mint, but certainly far from the 80 mg that went into the solution), and was again able to recover a substantial amount of DMT by washing the container the leaf was prepared in with naphtha.

Should I use a higher leaf to DMT ratio? Would a different solvent work better? Do i just need to make bigger batches of DMT/leaf at once for it to absorb more efficiently?

Would adding more acetone after the first batch evaporates maybe help to infuse more of the DMT into the leaf?

DansMaTete
#5 Posted : 3/16/2015 2:42:36 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

The thing is whatever you do, some of the DMT will stick to the container. But, if you prepare more changa in one batch, the percentage will be lower.
For instance:
100mg DMT + 100mg leaf => 160mg changa + 40mg DMT on the container =>changa ratio 0,6/1
1g DMT + 1g leaf => 1,9g changa + 100mg DMT on the container => changa ratio 0,9/1
Those are not real numbers but you get the picture.
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

sorahtak
#6 Posted : 3/17/2015 5:12:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is a 1:1 DMT/leaf ratio a good starting point?

Maybe I should try putting some of the leaf in there and evaporating it, then adding a bit more leaf and solvent to try to get some of what got stuck to the container.

I realize the best thing to do is make a bigger batch, but I don't have much material to work with right now and won't be able to get more for a while, so I want to see what I can get out of what I have.