We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Organic Fertilizer or not? Options

Dead man
#1 Posted : 3/15/2015 10:22:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Should organic fertiziler be used for Saliva divinorum? I know that using inorganic fertilizer for cannabis effects the taste of the final product significantly. Not to mention cannabis accumulates heavy metals, is this the case for Salvia as well? I'd rather not deal with stinky/expensive fertilizer if not neccesary.
Thanks!
He who sees the infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the ratio only sees himself only. -William Blake There is no natural religion.
People in the past never lived in ecological balance with nature, they died in ecological balance with nature -Hans Rosling
Nothing is something worth doing -Sphongle

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BundleflowerPower
#2 Posted : 3/16/2015 11:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you growing in the ground or containers? In the ground, I try to make the perfect environment for mushrooms / mycelium. This way there's no need to fertilize. For containers, I'll be trying paul stament's product called myco-grow.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but when your plants roots are colonized by mycelium, they're ability to take up resources from the soil is increased, both in distance from the plant and the efficientcy of absorption.

This way there's no need to buy commercial fertilizer. I think the natural way is the way to go.