We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options

Psybin
#1 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, so the thread title might be a bit dramatic. But what can I say, that's the nature of the spice (not to mention I'm pretty enthused Big grin ). Anyway, I digress.

About a month ago, I tried dabbing DMT out of my oil rig for the first time. For a while I thought it might be my last time, due to the hyperslap I received. It was the first of its kind I've experienced, and it was a terrifying, if not still intriguing experience. I realized now that my error was not in RoA but rather in dosage: I accidentally dabbed somewhere between 50mg and 80mg, and let me tell you something - dabbing requires much more care and precision with dosage, because it is so efficient it's easy to overshoot like I did.

While I wouldn't recommend this to anyone without a milligram scale (I learned my lesson using single and double decimal place scales Embarrased ), it is certainly the most efficient method I've encountered by far and I would recommend it to anyone with adequate instruments for measurement. So far, I've been able to reliably break thru on one dab/hit with entity contact every time using this method, which seems to require 10mg to 12mg less than the GVG (perhaps because all the spice is being inhaled in one hit and more vapor can be inhaled per hit in a larger piece with water diffusion?).

I'd love to hear about your all's experiences with this method of liftoff. Big grin Also, to any mods, does one need to be a full member to change or update the wiki?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:40:38 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hello Psybin,

ive never dabbed anything but this was intriguing...

Psybin wrote:
So far, I've been able to reliably break thru on one dab/hit with entity contact every time using this method, which seems to require 10mg to 12mg less than the GVG (perhaps because all the spice is being inhaled in one hit and more vapor can be inhaled per hit in a larger piece with water diffusion?).

are you getting propa experiences from 10-15mg doses?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Psybin
#3 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:41:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are some pics of the rig and titanium nail I've been using for my hyperspace travels of late
Psybin attached the following image(s):
IMAG0006.jpg (683kb) downloaded 2,243 time(s).
IMAG0007.jpg (1,145kb) downloaded 2,222 time(s).

Psybin
#4 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:47:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
hello Psybin,

ive never dabbed anything but this was intriguing...

Psybin wrote:
So far, I've been able to reliably break thru on one dab/hit with entity contact every time using this method, which seems to require 10mg to 12mg less than the GVG (perhaps because all the spice is being inhaled in one hit and more vapor can be inhaled per hit in a larger piece with water diffusion?).

are you getting propa experiences from 10-15mg doses?

Yes and no. For me personally, 20mg dabbed gives an equivalent breakthrough to ~30mg in the GVG with my best technique. I personally only receive threshold effects from 10-15mg dabbed, but my buddy who is more sensitive gets meaningful experiences at this dosage. I would estimate a dose of 20mg or so in a GVG comparable, though that should be taken with a grain of salt as with any estimation. Wink

EDIT: It is possible too that my technique with the GVG could be improved, but regardless I find dabbing easier and more elegant.

3rdI
#5 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:52:54 PM

veni, vidi, spici

interesting, especially considering convection is normally more efficient than conduction.

i might have to get hold of one of a dabbing devices and give it a whirl.

cheers Psybin

edit- how is your GVG set up?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Psybin
#6 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:58:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I certainly recommend looking into it, you can get a nice small one (smaller is better, counter-intuitively, as it is more efficient and better tasting) for around 50 USD most places.

As for my GVG setup... it's broken Sad (hence the estimation when comparing). I was considering replacing it with one of those fancy health stone pipes, but now I can just use my rig. Thumbs up

EDIT: Just realized that you meant set up not setup, haha. I don't have any pics of my old GVG, but I was using a ceramic filter instead of the chore boy's. I was very satisfied once I realized how efficient it could be, but alas, it's bitten the dust. From the ashes rises the phoenix, though Big grin

Dead man
#7 Posted : 3/11/2015 6:06:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dabbing is a great way to vaporize DMT, and I've partaken quite a bit using this method, but downside is that you need to deal with a hot nail/fragile rig while coming up. If you are trying to have a session, dealing with the butana torch is also a hassle.
It doesn't compare to vaporizing changa/enchanced leaf, but I'm likely it beats the other methods (I've never used a gvg) especially in efficiency.

Quote:
Also, to any mods, does one need to be a full member to change or update the wiki?

No anyone can make an account on the wiki and make changes.
He who sees the infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the ratio only sees himself only. -William Blake There is no natural religion.
People in the past never lived in ecological balance with nature, they died in ecological balance with nature -Hans Rosling
Nothing is something worth doing -Sphongle

Dead man
#8 Posted : 3/11/2015 6:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also it smells up the nail/rig quite a bit (you can taste it with regular dabs quite strongly if you don't clean it aftwards) so keep that in mind if using a friend's piece.
He who sees the infinite in all things sees God. He who sees the ratio only sees himself only. -William Blake There is no natural religion.
People in the past never lived in ecological balance with nature, they died in ecological balance with nature -Hans Rosling
Nothing is something worth doing -Sphongle

Psybin
#9 Posted : 3/11/2015 10:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead man wrote:
Dabbing is a great way to vaporize DMT, and I've partaken quite a bit using this method, but downside is that you need to deal with a hot nail/fragile rig while coming up. If you are trying to have a session, dealing with the butana torch is also a hassle.
It doesn't compare to vaporizing changa/enchanced leaf, but I'm likely it beats the other methods (I've never used a gvg) especially in efficiency.

Quote:
Also, to any mods, does one need to be a full member to change or update the wiki?

No anyone can make an account on the wiki and make changes.

Excellent point about dealing with a hot nail coming up- my approach so far is to have my space cleaned up and a place to but the rig beforehand. Sounds simple but I've had no issues thus far. Also, I haven't tried changa, but one of the aspects that makes dabbing it so efficient is that you get all the vapor in one hit. Glad to hear your opinion/experience on the matter, regardless. I firmly believe time will show dabbing spice to be supreme.Very happy

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 3/11/2015 11:13:43 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You should be able to get all of the vapor in one hit from a GVG. Same with a bong/bubbler full of changa.

gibran2 wrote:
The “crack” method heats the product by convection – a stream of hot air passes through and around the product. Convection methods include the “machine”, the GVG, and bongs.

The “meth” method heats the product by conduction – a hot surface conducts heat directly to the product. Conduction methods include light bulbs, test tubes, aluminum foil.

Any method that heats by conduction is likely to burn/carmelize/pyrolize the DMT before appreciable amounts of vapor are formed. The resultant vapor will be less potent and very harsh.

DMT is best heated by convection. When DMT is heated by convection it vaporizes very quickly –before it has a chance to burn.

Nails heat by conduction. That said, as they are pre-heated to a very high temp, it may make the traditional issue with conduction methods (outlined above) irrelevant. Never having tried it, I can't say. I can, however, say that many people who have sworn by conduction methods over convection have reversed their positions once they have experienced proper convection heating.

Thanks for sharing, Psybin. It is certainly interesting Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Psybin
#11 Posted : 3/12/2015 4:51:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
You should be able to get all of the vapor in one hit from a GVG. Same with a bong/bubbler full of changa.

gibran2 wrote:
The “crack” method heats the product by convection – a stream of hot air passes through and around the product. Convection methods include the “machine”, the GVG, and bongs.

The “meth” method heats the product by conduction – a hot surface conducts heat directly to the product. Conduction methods include light bulbs, test tubes, aluminum foil.

Any method that heats by conduction is likely to burn/carmelize/pyrolize the DMT before appreciable amounts of vapor are formed. The resultant vapor will be less potent and very harsh.

DMT is best heated by convection. When DMT is heated by convection it vaporizes very quickly –before it has a chance to burn.

Nails heat by conduction. That said, as they are pre-heated to a very high temp, it may make the traditional issue with conduction methods (outlined above) irrelevant. Never having tried it, I can't say. I can, however, say that many people who have sworn by conduction methods over convection have reversed their positions once they have experienced proper convection heating.

Thanks for sharing, Psybin. It is certainly interesting Smile

Supposedly the dab is actually vaporized via convection on the pocket of hot air above the nail, when heated properly. I've personally seen this before, though I can also say it is a very efficient method regardless of temperature precision. Perhaps when more people explore dabbing spice, we will discover a trend one way or the other as to its true efficiency with respect to the GVG. Very happy

EDIT: Just saw the first sentence of your post. Perhaps, then, I need to improve my technique with the GVG. It usually takes me two hits to get everything, which is odd considering how little spice it is. But then again, it is a small pipe... Like I said, I must improve my technique lol

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 3/12/2015 2:14:11 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Psybin wrote:
Supposedly the dab is actually vaporized via convection on the pocket of hot air above the nail, when heated properly.

That is fascinating. Guess we'll have to get some more reports in Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

DeeMenTalist
#13 Posted : 3/13/2015 10:36:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psybin are you heating your nail manually using torch lighter or some gear like d-nail/dabinator?

Psybin
#14 Posted : 3/13/2015 3:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BlazingSatva wrote:
Psybin are you heating your nail manually using torch lighter or some gear like d-nail/dabinator?

I'm heating it manually with a propane torch, ensuring the titanium is red hot when the spice is dabbed (some folks say that red hot is too hot, but red hot allows for the pocket of convection above the nail when the dab hits the superheated air).

Make Shift
#15 Posted : 8/14/2015 10:36:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Psybin,
I have tried the machine, vaporizer and what not, haven't yet been able to break through, I find the vapor way too harsh.
I have intense visuals but haven't been able to break through with freebase crystals because I can't somehow take a second toke.
I don't smoke anything else, so smoking makes it a little difficult for me.
Now, i'm going to try with the dab rig.
My confusion is about how hot the nail would get and if it would pulverise the crystals. Should I use a Ti or ceramic nail?
I also can get a laser thermometer, so I just want to make sure at what temp I should put in the crystals on to the nail so that it's not too hot to burn the crystals or too subtle so as not to vaporize it further complicating things.
Anybody who can suggest with regards to what nail to use, what temp to apply the crystals on the nail would be very very good. I intend to use a cap or so over the nail.
Make Shift attached the following image(s):
41Ktvdw7xWL_edit.jpg (16kb) downloaded 1,954 time(s).
31KWp7+QdCL_edit.jpg (17kb) downloaded 1,948 time(s).
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

FLeP
#16 Posted : 8/14/2015 2:17:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A buddy of mine has told me that he's blasted off a large group of people using an electronic dab nail. I should be able to try it soon but I don't usually like to blast off in strange places so it might be a minute before I can personally attest to this method.

Nibbana
#17 Posted : 8/14/2015 7:12:43 PM
Nibbana

Haven't really "dabbed" it per say, but I have vaped/smoked a decent low dose (10mgs or so) placed on top of the glass encasing the heating element on my herbal vaporizer, it melted and produced vapor instantly which I picked up with a funnel. Tasted funky though so I think some burned, but it was smooth and effects were good for the dose in my opinion. Smile

Leithen
#18 Posted : 8/20/2015 4:24:07 PM

Be Here Now

I would highly recommend an electronic nail. It is perfect for dialing in the correct temperature and not wasting product by burning or not heating enough.

My friends use laser thermometers to check the temp of the nail after they torch it but that is a bit of a hassle. I heat mine up slighly lower than I would for a thc concentrate. Its not to hard to figure out what you want It to feel like when you hold your hand over the nail. As far as numbers go, ive heard around 300F but I think I go a bit hotter and havent seemed to loose any product. Regardless, by far one of the most effective ways to vaporize it In my opinion.

I use titanium but would be interested to know if others work better or worse. Im assuming theres not muvh difference like with wax. The one thing about my titanium nail is that I have to re-season it about 3-4 times after I use it for spice to get the taste out. Not a very big deal but something to keep in mind.
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Make Shift
#19 Posted : 8/21/2015 3:36:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Leithen,
So what would be the ideal temp? 300 degree F?
Also since you're saying e-nail would you put the crystals on the nail first and then switch on the nail and increase the temp to the required temp or same like in the regular nail heat it with a torch and when then temp is reached then put the crystals?
The doubt in my mind is, think about an empty pan and heat it, when we pour water into it there is that bursting sound right? Similarly here when we put the crystals onto the nail when its at 300 degree +, won't there be a tendency to burn it?
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Make Shift
#20 Posted : 8/24/2015 12:30:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psybin wrote:
Alright, so the thread title might be a bit dramatic. But what can I say, that's the nature of the spice (not to mention I'm pretty enthused Big grin ). Anyway, I digress.

About a month ago, I tried dabbing DMT out of my oil rig for the first time. For a while I thought it might be my last time, due to the hyperslap I received. It was the first of its kind I've experienced, and it was a terrifying, if not still intriguing experience. I realized now that my error was not in RoA but rather in dosage: I accidentally dabbed somewhere between 50mg and 80mg, and let me tell you something - dabbing requires much more care and precision with dosage, because it is so efficient it's easy to overshoot like I did.

While I wouldn't recommend this to anyone without a milligram scale (I learned my lesson using single and double decimal place scales Embarrased ), it is certainly the most efficient method I've encountered by far and I would recommend it to anyone with adequate instruments for measurement. So far, I've been able to reliably break thru on one dab/hit with entity contact every time using this method, which seems to require 10mg to 12mg less than the GVG (perhaps because all the spice is being inhaled in one hit and more vapor can be inhaled per hit in a larger piece with water diffusion?).

I'd love to hear about your all's experiences with this method of liftoff. Big grin Also, to any mods, does one need to be a full member to change or update the wiki?

Hey man, what was the temp when you loaded the nail with the dmt ? did you apply anything on the nail before loading ? did it vap instantly ? i have a carb cap and a ceramic nail, should i see the crystals melt and then put the carb cap and pull ?

123NEXT»