We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I'll be darned, found an awesome extraction vessel Options

null24
#1 Posted : 3/11/2015 12:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Performed a search and to my surprise, because i thought i recalled one, can't find a 'what's a good extraction vessel? " thread, so...

Found this in a recycling bin. I'm forever using mason jars, being unable to find a big enough vessel and well, they kinda suck for extraction, become brittle and have that rubber liner in the lid. This puppy is three quarts, so a tad bigger than the 2000ml of aqueous solution i usually have but maybe for a little bigger one. I like the fact that it has a universal threaded top so i can find a metal cap that fits. Its a juice company named for a certain west coast town on 101that's full of hippies.
null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20150310_165849_926.jpg (2,436kb) downloaded 293 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infectedstyle
#2 Posted : 3/11/2015 12:58:37 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

I want some of that apple juice Very happy I've been trying to find a vessel for so long.. no luck

Tryptallmine
#3 Posted : 3/11/2015 1:01:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks just like a 2LT lab bottle that I've been using. That will do you really well.
Good find as It'll probably help a lot of others out in the process.

Pharmer
#4 Posted : 3/11/2015 3:29:03 AM

ღஐ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ஐღ

Great find! I love my apple juice jugs and if you need spare lids... most wine supply stores sell ones that fit these jugs along with venting lids if desired.

Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions but it doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/11/2015 4:41:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

One might also call it a flagon. Round here we fill 'em with cider ("apple cider" - as if there were any other sort...)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#6 Posted : 3/11/2015 3:06:57 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

i've used 4L amber reagent bottles for years, great for cactus extractions.
that cider bottle will work similarly. Thumbs up
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

null24
#7 Posted : 3/11/2015 3:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Pharmer wrote:
Great find! I love my apple juice jugs and if you need spare lids... most wine supply stores sell ones that fit these jugs along with venting lids if desired.

Beautiful! Gracias.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

#8 Posted : 3/11/2015 4:01:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

null24 wrote:
Performed a search and to my surprise, because i thought i recalled one, can't find a 'what's a good extraction vessel? " thread, so...

Found this in a recycling bin. I'm forever using mason jars, being unable to find a big enough vessel and well, they kinda suck for extraction, become brittle and have that rubber liner in the lid. This puppy is three quarts, so a tad bigger than the 2000ml of aqueous solution i usually have but maybe for a little bigger one. I like the fact that it has a universal threaded top so i can find a metal cap that fits. Its a juice company named for a certain west coast town on 101that's full of hippies.

That's the exact same style jug that i've used for years, except mine was a wine jug; 2L. Doing 100g extractions in those works well, especially siphoning the NPS off the top (with the thin neck you can nearly get all of it).

Entheogenerator
#9 Posted : 3/13/2015 1:26:39 AM

Homo discens

I have used those same bottles with great success. Smile

I have also used the refillable 64oz "growler" beer bottles that some liquor stores sell. They looked at me kinda funny when I asked how much it would cost for an empty one, but otherwise they are cheap and quite useful. Wink
Entheogenerator attached the following image(s):
Clear Glass Growler.jpg (13kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

MaNoMaNoM
#10 Posted : 3/13/2015 3:05:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, a delicious cheapest brand of table wines come in those bottles, metal cap and all. Very happy

*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE