We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelics and ESP Options

didnof
#1 Posted : 3/6/2015 8:26:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

This question should probably be in the 'other drugs' forum but have posted it here due to being a 'newbie' Smile

I joined a few months back in anticipation of my first DMT experience and the good news is I'm close, but reading up about experience reports has got me thinking about the effect of psychedilcs and the brain.

This got me thinking about other experiences I have had, for example I'm totally convinced I have experienced telepathy on mushrooms, here are two examples:

1. Friend and I took British liberty cap mushrooms and were sat on the banks of a reservoir, we were talking and at exactly the same time we both recoiled back in fear, we saw the plant in front of us grow an eye and turn to look at us. This was exactly the same time and exactly the same vision.

2. Another friend and I took the same sort of mushrooms and were at my childhood home and were smoking a cigarette in the spare room, there had been a leak so there was a bucket on the bed catching the leak. When flicking ash into the bucket, we both saw the pattern of the mattress appear at exactly the same time through the bottom of the bucket.

To me, the mushrooms unlocked part of our brains and in effect linked them to become one and think as one, and to me especially the first example it was too random a hallucination to be distinct from each other and to me felt like proof of telepathy.

I've also had numerous other personal experiences, out of body experience on ketamine and a breakthrough experience on salvia.

So the question is have you guys had any other similar experiences which have left you convinced about ESP or telepathy etc through psychedelics (ps lets ignore DMT for now as I assume that one is a no brainer!).

Thanks!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 3/6/2015 9:33:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That doesn't prove extrasensory perception. It might just indicate that the same visual input is likely to create the same "optics" in different people.

Still, fascinating experiences Smile

universecannon
#3 Posted : 3/6/2015 3:04:26 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yes

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

pitubo
#4 Posted : 3/6/2015 5:42:08 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Sometimes you do not even need the involvement of psychedelics to have these experiences. Being really "close" to someone can also facilitate shared experiences, thoughts and feelings.

I think the paranormal experience may be more natural than we think and that we simply lack common connection with that state in our contemporary normal mode of being. Psychedelics disturb the normal mode and that can bring us back in closer connection with unconventional perceptions, just as they can bring us closer to delusional states.

Praxis.
#5 Posted : 3/6/2015 5:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I've had many experiences like this, particularly on LSD.

When I was first getting into psychedelics I had a good friend who I would journey with on occasion. During many of our experiences we would be able to finish each others thoughts/sentences and we sent each other mental "cues" which we were then able to discuss in depth. My most memorable experience with this friend was a time when we were both on an unknown amount of LSD; it came on much stronger than we had expected at the time. We were sitting outside near a park, watching the sunset over the mountains across the lake. It was absolutely beautiful. The way the clouds were seemed to form a mushroom shape, almost like a nuclear explosion; and on top of the "mushroom cloud" the clouds took the appearance of a human figure sitting cross legged. The figure appeared to be smoking a pipe, and wispy clouds undulated out of the "mouth" as if it was smoke. As I was staring at this figure my friend mentioned that he saw an "indigenous looking figure sitting cross legged and smoking on top of a giant mushroom cloud". I'm often skeptical of metaphysical assumptions made under the influence of a psychedelic, but I'm always drawn back to this experience in particular...I have no way of rationally explaining how it happened.

Quote:
That doesn't prove extrasensory perception. It might just indicate that the same visual input is likely to create the same "optics" in different people.

While I don't think shared psychedelic experiences "prove" ESP, I have to disagree that they might indicate that the same visual input is likely to create a uniform experience. In my own experience, I know that I can take a psychedelic and stare at my floor and have an interesting experience one day; and the next I can take the same dose and listen to the same music and stare at the same patch of floor from the same spot, and what I see/experience will be totally different. I've been with friends tripping outside and they might look at a tree and see it unfold into a strand of DNA or it might "plug into" their brains, while I might see the same tree do something completely different.

I think that shared psychedelic experiences have more to do with what state of mind each individual is in as opposed to what is actually being observed. I know my only "ESP"-type experiences have occurred during trips when I feel extremely comfortable and "in-tune" with the person I am tripping with. It's not just a visual thing, it's like we're linked by some kind of radio-wave or force of attraction such as gravity or magnetism.

"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

null24
#6 Posted : 3/6/2015 7:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Specifically with high dose LSD and MDMA, IME, has led to such feelings of deep empathy between myself and another that we considered it psychic communication. I think its a complex thing, including being more receptive to visual and non visual cues, as well as possibly opening some sort of 'paranormal', or completely normal just currently unmeasurable, conduit between the consciousness of individuals that these psychedelics facilitate. DMT doesn't seem to do it, nor psilocybin with me, those seem to put me in touch with some other consciousness, one that's super-human. Laughing
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 3/6/2015 7:33:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had two precognitive premonitions in my life, the first time was in a dream when i was 17 about me being in the hospital, and the second time was earlier last year on Ayahuasca when i saw my dad on his deathbed, and two weeks later it happened.

I do believe in ESP.

didnof
#8 Posted : 3/8/2015 3:51:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some interesting replies here - I am also of the opinion that certain substance 'loosen' up parts of our brain which have become dormant through modern society/evolution. relating to this I think animals are more in tune with these sense, for example my dog often knows when I make a decision to walk them, or if I tell my wife 'in code' that I'm going to walk them soon so he doesn't understand but still does.

pixxa
#9 Posted : 3/8/2015 6:19:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I once saw an old black and white tv show in which they proved that mushrooms increase ESP by having people guess which cards the other person was holding.

DansMaTete
#10 Posted : 3/8/2015 6:46:56 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

I once saw an old black and white tv show in which they cut a women in 2 pieces and she didn't die Cool
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

pixxa
#11 Posted : 3/8/2015 7:17:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuHrm2tHvE i wonder which mushroom they are using?