We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Johns Hopkins online survey Options

eh4
#1 Posted : 3/5/2015 2:09:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Guys, I came across this information from an Alex Grey tweet about a new survey from Dr. Griffiths' psilocybin team at Johns Hopkins-

Have you used a hallucinogen and had an encounter with "Ultimate Reality," "Higher Power," or "God" (e.g. the God of your understanding)? If so, please take this anonymous Johns Hopkins survey, and please tell others about it. Flyer.PsychedelicEncounteringTheDivine.org

Further explanation: The States of Consciousness Research Team at Johns Hopkins needs your help. We’re conducting an anonymous, web-based research study to characterize experiences of a personal encounter with something that someone might call “God” (e.g., the God of your understanding), “Higher Power,” or “Ultimate Reality.”

If you’ve ever had such an experience, we would greatly appreciate it if you would take our survey. If you know of others who’ve ever had such an experience please send them the link and encourage them to participate. This includes people who had such an experience long ago.

As you may know, our team has conducted survey and laboratory studies characterizing experiences with psilocybin and other hallucinogens. You can see our body of work here: csp.org/psilocybin. This new survey is an important extension of our published and ongoing research about mystical experiences occasioned by psilocybin and other classic hallucinogens.

Principal Investigator: Roland R. Griffiths, Ph.D. Protocol IRB00054696

Again, here's the link Flyer.PsychedelicEncounteringTheDivine.org

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

slewb
#2 Posted : 3/5/2015 10:36:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll definitely do this when I have time. What they're doing over at Hopkins regarding psilocybin is so important. It's kind of frustrating being a layperson living in very close proximity to the university and medical campus and not being able to get involved.

reddog
#3 Posted : 3/6/2015 4:08:21 PM

Entheometrist

Done. Very interesting study.

Koornut
#4 Posted : 3/6/2015 11:29:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did anyone else write an essay of praise at the final comment box?Big grin
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 3/7/2015 8:23:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I found the study design problematic, but it is a good effort.

concombres
#6 Posted : 3/7/2015 9:17:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
I'll definitely do this when I have time. What they're doing over at Hopkins regarding psilocybin is so important. It's kind of frustrating being a layperson living in very close proximity to the university and medical campus and not being able to get involved.

Slewb do you smoke ciggarettes?
Johns hopkins is doing research on using psilocybin to quit smoking.

I wanted to participate in research but you must live close to the univeristy to get involved.
You also have to have no prior substance abuse issues & no history of mental illness.

I came across the study via maps in the participate section on their website. It is under the section for research not

quit smoking with psilocybin

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 7/14/2015 10:22:47 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Bumping this post for more visibility.

http://www.psychedelicencounteringthedivine.org/

Dr. Griffiths shared this link at the end of his presentation at Breaking Convention 2015. He and his team would really appreciate your participation.

Thanks!

Thumbs up
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Nathanial.Dread
#8 Posted : 7/14/2015 10:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

What did you dislike about it, Obli?

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

anrchy
#9 Posted : 7/15/2015 8:00:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So this survey isn't strictly confined to the experience being on psilocybin? So like if it was on dmt it still applies to this survey?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 7/15/2015 10:39:38 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

anrchy wrote:
So like if it was on dmt it still applies to this survey?

Yes, exactly Big grin

DMT experiences welcome (encouraged, even)!
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 7/15/2015 7:35:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
obliguhl wrote:

What did you dislike about it, Obli?

Blessings
~ND

To be honest, i forgot about it...but i think it had to do with how some of the questions were worded too ambigously which made it impossible to give a differenciated answer. It made me rage a bit tbh, but nothing is perfect.