We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
WARNING: To everyone smoking spice in storebought glass pipes Options

TimePantry
#1 Posted : 3/6/2015 4:41:25 AM

It's a field.

Because of expedience, I usually smoke my spice in what used to be called a "happy valentine," in other words, a cheap-ass speed pipe from a nearby head shop. (I refuse to say "meth pipe." Where I come from, only the cops call it "meth." But anyway)

In the last two years, I have noticed a drastic change in the quality of the glass in these pipes. Basically when they changed from a so-called valentine flower in a glass bubble, to a so-called incence burner of a glass bubble. (featuring a one-inch stick of incense that smells like nothing.)

Here's the important part: I noticed that the glass gets thin almost immediately, and after smoking in one, my lungs hurt for a couple of weeks afterward. I suspect that, since there is practically no such thing as a legal use for that kind of glass pipe, there is no reason to use constituents that are safe and heat-resistant. (i.e., ones that won't burn away to the inhaler's detriment under the flame of a bic lighter.)

I switched around that time to the L-shaped glass pipes that go on water pipes, and they didn't do that. Up to a couple weeks ago, that is. Now that glass also gets thin after the first use, hurts my lungs, and even makes my ears ring.

--And yes, I'm certain I'm not burning the spice. Honestly, I purchased one two days ago, have barely used it, and it has gotten as thin as one that's been used for months.
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 3/6/2015 4:58:23 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Thanks for the warning

There really is far better devices out there for smoking DMT/changa than those horrible bulb pipes anyways

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Pharmer
#3 Posted : 3/6/2015 3:31:06 PM

ღஐ~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~ஐღ

I have seen a brand new pipe like this crack/break when someone was using it. It broke into a bunch of pieces as soon as the flame touched it! Glass shards in the lungs would be fatal I think...

These "rose holders" are not produced to smoke out of so the manufacture does not need to use the correct high temperature glass. Any sudden change in temperature will cause them to break.

Good warning to others!

Perhaps I am asking the wrong questions but it doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

concombres
#4 Posted : 3/7/2015 6:59:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TimePantry wrote:
Because of expedience, I usually smoke my spice in what used to be called a "happy valentine," in other words, a cheap-ass speed pipe from a nearby head shop. (I refuse to say "meth pipe." Where I come from, only the cops call it "meth." But anyway)

In the last two years, I have noticed a drastic change in the quality of the glass in these pipes. Basically when they changed from a so-called valentine flower in a glass bubble, to a so-called incence burner of a glass bubble. (featuring a one-inch stick of incense that smells like nothing.)

Here's the important part: I noticed that the glass gets thin almost immediately, and after smoking in one, my lungs hurt for a couple of weeks afterward. I suspect that, since there is practically no such thing as a legal use for that kind of glass pipe, there is no reason to use constituents that are safe and heat-resistant. (i.e., ones that won't burn away to the inhaler's detriment under the flame of a bic lighter.)

I switched around that time to the L-shaped glass pipes that go on water pipes, and they didn't do that. Up to a couple weeks ago, that is. Now that glass also gets thin after the first use, hurts my lungs, and even makes my ears ring.

--And yes, I'm certain I'm not burning the spice. Honestly, I purchased one two days ago, have barely used it, and it has gotten as thin as one that's been used for months.

A cheap glass bong with a chore pad in the stem works very well once you get the hang of it.
I paid like $30 for a nice thick 10in glass bong.
You've probably spent 10x that amount over time buying those pipes.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#5 Posted : 3/7/2015 3:57:08 PM

just some guy

My favorite is a 4ml borosilicate sample vial with a PTFE (teflon) cap, and a straight-through, no-wool Gas Cromatograph inlet liner (a 3-4 inch borosilicate tube with a ~1/4 inner diameter). Total cost is about $20... And it should last a lifetime if used properly with good spice, and kept clean.

I've ramped these parts up to 450C in a GC thousands of times over without any damage and without them bleeding any contaminants.. And I know this with absolute certainty, after running sample after sample through every type of GC column on the market. These things are made to be analytically clean, and produce absolutely no contaminants in extreme high temperature/pressure situations. You will have no doubt about the quality of your vapor, so long as your spice is clean.

Everything is incredibly heat resistant and will withstand limitless uses without damage do to temperature change, and the whole thing is small enough to conceal easily and is very sturdy. Plus, if you drop it or it becomes dirty from heavy use or unclean spice, the vial can be replaced with little trouble (if you have a Dremel tool). Chances are, you'll have to buy the vials in quantity, so one might as well prepare a few just in case.

DMT vaporizes in it readily and the rate is easy to control (though it does vaporize quickly and with no mercy Twisted Evil )... and is easy to use with a regular Bic or Zippo lighter. Anything from a small dose, to a breakthrough dose, to a WAY TOO MUCH dose is easy to vape in 1-3 hits.. And it can be loaded heavily (up to 200mgs safely), and smoalked at a steady pace for those longer sessions.

-Bore a hole in the lid and inner seal just big enough to fit the liner through, and slide the liner halfway in. Push the silicone o-ring provided with the liner onto the bottom end of the liner and shove it up into the cap, sealing the liner in place.
-Use a Dremel or other rotary tool with a diamond bit to bore a small (1/16" ) hole just under the neck of the vial, and smooth the rough edges with a carbide bit if you wish. Be sure to use some clean water to lubricate the glass while drilling.
-Screw the lid with attached liner onto the vial loosely, then adjust the liner so that it is about 1/2" from the bottom of the vial.
-Load the vial with the desired dose of spice and attach the lid tightly. Hold by the PTFE cap at a 45 degree angle and gently heat the bottom of the vial, turning back and forth gently as one would use a speed pipe.
-Keep the top of the flame just below the glass, and inhale slowly. When vapor begins to billow in the chamber, inhale more briskly as the vapor gets thicker. Make sure to remove the heat a few seconds before you're done inhaling, as the spice will continue to vaporize for a few seconds after the heat is removed.

-Start slow, these little champs are very effective (just like a good speed pipe), and can give HUGE hits. Learn your tool and your limits before going "all-in".

My apologies for the sideways image; posting from my buggy phone.

Happy Trails. Big grin

lowjackal
#6 Posted : 3/11/2015 4:54:15 AM

PuddinTane

concombres wrote:
TimePantry wrote:

A cheap glass bong with a chore pad in the stem works very well once you get the hang of it.
I paid like $30 for a nice thick 10in glass bong.
You've probably spent 10x that amount over time buying those pipes.

Exact same setup as me. A cheap ass glass bong with a modified DMT intake bowl. I've tried everything from the machine to any number of vaporizers and none can produce the 2 hit breakthrough clouds of smoke this simple glass bong can. Stop stop and check it out.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

hixidom
#7 Posted : 3/13/2015 5:26:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Machine made from beer bottle always worked just fine for me, but thanks for the warning. I like the idea of head shops, but it's good to know that not everything they sell works as assumed.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

concombres
#8 Posted : 3/13/2015 12:49:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
Machine made from beer bottle always worked just fine for me, but thanks for the warning. I like the idea of head shops, but it's good to know that not everything they sell works as assumed.

I've heard of plenty of people breaking through with speed pipes.
It's just like one of the many other smoking methods. You have to perfect your technique & use good glass or it won't work correctly.
I see alot of custom blown, thick borosilicate speed pipes modified with a bend to fit into a bong in local headshops.

Binary Drool
#9 Posted : 3/14/2015 3:24:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're going to expediencially smoke your dmt you should PAUSE.. Go buy a nice glass pipe.. A pipe solely used for dmt that will last you the rest of your life.. come on, who uses a crack pipe to smoke dmt.. might as well smoke it off tinfoil......... don't do that
We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

Adjhart
#10 Posted : 3/14/2015 7:05:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Binary Drool wrote:
If you're going to expediencially smoke your dmt you should PAUSE.. Go buy a nice glass pipe.. A pipe solely used for dmt that will last you the rest of your life.. come on, who uses a crack pipe to smoke dmt.. might as well smoke it off tinfoil......... don't do that

I 2nd this Very happy

Top grade borosilicate glass - thank you vapor genie Love

Heretic
#11 Posted : 3/17/2015 6:03:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just use something a hippie blew and learn to use the flame to melt & vape into a carrier herb, those pipes are whack... could never get it to work.
When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty