We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questioning hyperspace Options

Varox
#1 Posted : 3/5/2015 1:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Questioning hyperspace

What is "it" where we go to on DMT?
Is "it"above?
Is "it" below?
Is "it" within?
Are we part of "it" or is "it" part of us?
Is "it" of this world or is this world part of "it"? or none?
Does our mind create "it" or just simply sees "it"?
Maybe we are freeing the mind allowing it to create infinitely. So infinitely that not even our own consciousness (as ego) can stop it from showing us "it".
Maybe Plato did get it right.
Maybe we are capable of creating infinitely just not on this side of reality.
Maybe we are Gods on earth but Gods in shells.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 3/6/2015 12:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think it is possible for one to ever know but most probably it is a combination of everything you described coalesced in such a way as to never be even remotely concievable.

A headlamp cannot shine upon itself.

Please though, tell me more about Plato and creating "infinitely" on other sides of reality.

Varox
#3 Posted : 3/6/2015 3:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your reply. It was not my intention to come across as pseudo philosophical but these are thoughts I wrote after my first breakthrough (of 2 so far) and I thought I would just throw them in here to see if anyone was interested... Apparently you are so here goes some rambling...

Well you probably know about Plato's allegory of the cave (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave), how everything in this "world" or side of reality is a degraded, deformed or flickering version of an "ideal" object on the other side of reality. After DMT I am inclined to think this may be the case.

However, is that other world static? I think not, I think that there we are God in the sense that we can create anything we want. There we are free to create as much "ideals" as we wish. Now, somebody that has not tried DMT could confuse this with thought. You can think of whatever you want but "there", on that side of reality what you create you can also see and feel and experience as something which is outside of you. And often you are creating new things, new ideals, which have never been seen or felt before by no one.

Moreover, certain concepts or "Ideals" I experienced "there" correspond actually with this side of reality. A good example is "peace" which is a concept we also find on this side, though imperfect. "There", I have experienced peace in an "ideal" way, which moved me to tears and the sensation of which I will never forget in my life (that was my first trip). However, the new creations that I am talking about you cannot find on this side of reality. For me this could be indication of two things: (1) This side is limited and that side is infinite. Which concept also applies to us, here we are limited, there we are not. (Plato believed that the body was the soul's cage and it might be just so); and (2) There we are not only witnesses but also creators, there we are gods understood as beings capable of infinite creation. That's what I mean when I say that we are Gods in a shell.

fathomlessness
#4 Posted : 3/7/2015 1:58:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great, well there is nothing wrong with psuedo-philosophizing as it is a precurser to real philosophy.

What you are transferring about the flickering version of an "ideal" object is similar to how human beings are like laptops with wifi chips. We basicly decode information that is being sent out externally and the information or Sense Data is something similar to what you are talking about both with ideal objects or the other side or other realm you talking of. You say that you create "which have never been seen or felt before by no one" which I don't understand how no one can see or feel as no one is not anyone unless you meant to say anyone. Nevertheless thinking of no one or nothing as an entity in itself, even though logically invalid is still useful for some types of thinking.

"This side is limited and that side is infinite" is possibly akin to a laptop tapping into sources of its electromagnetic signals that its recieving or possibly more scientifically the laptop reinterperating the sense data (wifi fields) that are being recieved. Also, as others have told me it could be that the otherside is always present within our experience and we have become switched off to recieving that information through various modes of belief. DMT alleviates some barrier set up (platos cave).

I hope that helps you deepen where you are taking this philosophical enquiry about your experiences with the aforementioned molecule.

MindFlood
#5 Posted : 3/7/2015 8:36:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Varox wrote:
Questioning hyperspace

What is "it" where we go to on DMT?
Is "it"above?
Is "it" below?
Is "it" within?
Are we part of "it" or is "it" part of us?
Is "it" of this world or is this world part of "it"? or none?
Does our mind create "it" or just simply sees "it"?
Maybe we are freeing the mind allowing it to create infinitely. So infinitely that not even our own consciousness (as ego) can stop it from showing us "it".
Maybe Plato did get it right.
Maybe we are capable of creating infinitely just not on this side of reality.
Maybe we are Gods on earth but Gods in shells.

Personally I believe that we are just manifestations of "it". Our whole point might be to just exist as we do, because personally I believe that the universe exists to cultivate every possible possibility. When I smoked dmt I had a trip where it showed me that "god" (and I'm not religious, but I can't think of a better word) told me that every living thing is just a manifestation of "gods" yearning to carry out all possible events in this reality. What that means is that every tree falling, every person loving, every person hating, every bird chirping... is to carry out the many possibilities that this universe allows. The funny thing is, is that each of these possibilities are really coming from the same source
We are the elves

Mm
#6 Posted : 3/7/2015 9:35:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had quite similar "explanation" provided, except it was a tad darker in realizing that we captivated tiny bits of source's potential for a while (for the lifetime of a person), the full potency of it being hidden from us as we are part of a problem and not the solution... Think of it as emulsion, where non-mixing liquid in another liquid is divided into gazillion of little droplets which still hold primary elements of the origin, but have different properties in terms of communicating with the environment.

What DMT might do is showing us a glimpse of this full potential of the all-knowing, all-encompassing source. Of course we cannot comprehend much of it, but to realize what we are - little droplets that will once reunite, as to come one with the source after our time here ends, so I guess nothing to worry Smile

Edit: gazillion spell error

fathomlessness
#7 Posted : 3/8/2015 2:05:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mm wrote:
the full potency of it being hidden from us as we are part of a problem and not the solution...

Why are humans a problem and not a solution? Is it because we are little germs moving about like cancer on a rock? Is the emulsion the problem then? Was the emulsion created purposively?

spacexplorer
#8 Posted : 3/8/2015 3:21:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think humans are a "problem", would any other animal or part of nature be a problem? Maybe the over identification with the ego is a problem but it all has it's purpose to work out in time.

Mm
#9 Posted : 3/8/2015 10:15:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
Mm wrote:
the full potency of it being hidden from us as we are part of a problem and not the solution...

Why are humans a problem and not a solution? Is it because we are little germs moving about like cancer on a rock? Is the emulsion the problem then? Was the emulsion created purposively?

These are good questions. I don't know the answers, though. But if I had to state my credo, I would go with overidentification with the ego, taking toll on every aspect of the world we're living in - Earth, animals and also other people... It is the system I am talking about, leaving us almost no option but to be involved in this destruction. Who made the system? I think that greed as a constituent took part in it. Of course you could argue that the system we live in did not exist 5000 years ago - and ask whether we were a problem then? From the point of all-knowing, time as we perceive it does not exist. Additionally, what do we know of the world back then? My guess is very little or next to nothing... Wut?

JustATourist
#10 Posted : 3/8/2015 1:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everything's possible of course, but consider the possibility that what you experience on hyperspace is simply you tripping balls on some drug and that's it.

Not saying that's what it is, but just consider that possibility Big grin

Mm
#11 Posted : 3/8/2015 2:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of course this is a possibility as well - in that regard we might be visually perceiving functioning of modules wired in our brain - language modules, emotion modules, memory etc, all working at the same time, interconnecting, mingling, exchanging information, pushing bits of information onwards all in a twisted multidimensional activity... As if looking at a source code in internet browser instead of seeing the webpage itself...

DreaMTripper
#12 Posted : 3/9/2015 5:12:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The pre-frontal cortex frantically processing the raw, less filtered data that results from the looser connected brain lobes and the merging of the non-temporal and the temporal self? Twisted Evil

Varox
#13 Posted : 3/9/2015 12:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never seen the contradictions in the spiritual/philosophical/religious/younameit and scientific explanations of the same phenomenon. The former is a teleological explanation and the latter an efficient explanation. One is a search for meaning and the other is a search for efficient cause and process. Both are important but science can never (nor it should try to) provide an answer to the former.

I very often see how people are inclined to take sides. One of the most important things that psychedelics taught me is exactly to stop doing this. I was the king of black and white, If one thing was A then it could not be B. I would also find myself comparing things, experiences, and such to try to establish what was better. A recurring trip I have when I do n2o comes with this newsflash: "You don't need to take sides! Embrace the beauty of contradiction and difference and you will not see these anymore but only cohesion."

To put it simply, it may very well be that scientifically we are just tripping balls... but you can still ask yourself why are we able to? or, from all the random stuff that you could be shown, why something in particular? Etc, etc... meaning and process... no contradiction