We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dxm to potentiate DMT Options

tydel24
#1 Posted : 3/5/2015 7:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting topic. Id like to hear from those who have tried this and we can discuss dosing. Its sypposably an maoi so I'm sure it helps. But it really enables me yo just 'trip rip' it and not wanna cough or anything. I can smoke weed like cigs on dxm.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

concombres
#2 Posted : 3/6/2015 2:16:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tydel24 wrote:
Interesting topic. Id like to hear from those who have tried this and we can discuss dosing. Its sypposably an maoi so I'm sure it helps. But it really enables me yo just 'trip rip' it and not wanna cough or anything. I can smoke weed like cigs on dxm.

Laughing a few years ago i would have been right with you. Dxm really helped me take some lungbuster hits off the hash pipe.

I don't think it's an maoi though. May have some very weak inhibiting properties. But wouldn't work to activate oral dmt & should never be used in conjunction with harmalas smoked or oral.

Personally i've used dxm (& this is not an exageration) 350+ times over the years mostly in doses of 700+mg. I've only achieved a psychedellic state 3 times. Normally it's just dissociative & drubken retarded feeling.
If i could stomache it even a single time more i may try it with smoked dmt once. But i don't see that happening.

It does go nice with mushrooms, but i'd go with ketamine or methoxetamine if you want to add a dissociative spin.
Dxm is feels like trash once you've had a deep ketamine or mxe experience.

tydel24
#3 Posted : 3/6/2015 8:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeap. Ice been getting wild this way. I take some coricidon high blood pressure. It really just gets the blood pumping. Last night was the time of my life. I was going so hard that I tasted sand coming out of my mouth. Weird. And I kept noticing a bottle cap popping off sound. PhenomenalBig grin

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 3/7/2015 7:00:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

DXM, AFAIK, doesn't have MAOI properties and is infact hazardous to take with MAOIs; it has cough-suppressant effects which allow epic pipe-smoking abilities. I've not tried it with DMT but I imagine that it would go very deep, as is the case with the other dissos like MXE.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

concombres
#5 Posted : 3/7/2015 7:40:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tydel24 wrote:
Yeap. Ice been getting wild this way. I take some coricidon high blood pressure. It really just gets the blood pumping. Last night was the time of my life. I was going so hard that I tasted sand coming out of my mouth. Weird. And I kept noticing a bottle cap popping off sound. PhenomenalBig grin

Man careful with triple c's. I'll admit i have used them in 1-2 box range daily for weeks on end sometimes back before i quit dxm. But they can do some serious damage & i've had not just one but TWO friends die of overdose on them.
What most don't realize is the cpm builds up in your system & stays for some time & the more you use them in close proximity the worse the buildup becomes.

i've never been hospitalized from them, but it's been 10+ years since i've been to the doctor. I coulr very well have done some type of physical damage to myself abusing ccc's.

If you must take dxm, & sadly i didn't discover this until i'd abused it & quit, you can extract dxm from robitussin (the kind with only dxm) with the very same procedure you use to extract dmt.
Of course you do have to clean it & take the time to remove impurities like you would dmt, but you can probably purify & grow some nice crystals for ~$30 once you have the naphtha, lye, & glass containers.

RhythmSpring
#6 Posted : 3/7/2015 10:07:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a hunch it would actually work. Why not try it with an acacia brew or something? See what happens?

But don't use CCCs. That's just dangerous.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

concombres
#7 Posted : 3/7/2015 10:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
I have a hunch it would actually work. Why not try it with an acacia brew or something? See what happens?

But don't use CCCs. That's just dangerous.

Dxm with maoi is EXTREMELY dangerous. There may or may not be something present in acacia causing it to be active orally on it's own in some instances.

We do not know what it is causing oral activity with acacia alone & in the event you do have a batch that is active orally alone, if it is indeed maoi present, it is NOT safe to combine with dxm.

Whatever this alkaloid or group of alkaloids may be, it's possible it is present in all acacia bark. It may just be higher concentration in the bark not active on it's own. It looks as if it is left behind by extraction procedures.
I'd have to advise if you'd like to test the theory dxm could activate oral dmt not using a brew. Go with highly refined white spice.

I do not see dxm working to activate oral tryptamines though. Corpus callosum has already stated dxm is NOT an maoi & i'd trust the quality of information coming from him.
Look through some of his posts & you'll see why.
He is very knowledgable in the medical feild.

tydel24
#8 Posted : 3/7/2015 6:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's set the record straight. I only use it to potentiate freebase dreams. I'm aware that mixing this with maois is hazardous. And that dxm can be hazardous period. But it goes very well together is all I'm saying. I do not advocate its use.

universecannon
#9 Posted : 3/7/2015 6:34:05 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Why not just eat harmalas instead...and/or make Changa, or smoke your dmt during an lsd or psilocybin experience?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

null24
#10 Posted : 3/7/2015 6:44:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Man, seriously, what is the deal with synchronicity and this place? Its like you guys are psychic or something.

Anyway, thanks, i friend and i are planning a trip today, and i was a concerned because he has taken dxm.
Weird.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

tydel24
#11 Posted : 3/7/2015 7:43:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All I can say is tell your friend. To go. Go. Go. And the time of his life follows.
And as far as harmalas. My xp has been shitty. I think its mostly operator error. Would like to go deeper.

tydel24
#12 Posted : 3/8/2015 10:10:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Told u null.

null24
#13 Posted : 3/8/2015 3:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Btw, checking back in here. DXM turns my friend into an egotistical, selfish, little jerk. Very similar to alcohol. Actually, his actions that he gave the dxm responsibilitu for, has jeapordized our friendship, contingent upon his apologizing

I'll probably pass on that one.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Infectedstyle
#14 Posted : 3/8/2015 4:06:26 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

universecannon wrote:
Why not just eat harmalas instead...and/or make Changa, or smoke your dmt during an lsd or psilocybin experience?

I can answer that.

Dxm + freebase is a unique combi.

We've all tried changa or harmalas with dmt but not many have ventured with DXM and DMT.

universecannon
#15 Posted : 3/8/2015 5:28:40 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I understand that it would be significantly different, but it sounded like the post was focused on potentiating dmt.

Personally dxm isn't worth the side effects in my experience, to each their own though

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Infectedstyle
#16 Posted : 3/8/2015 7:37:41 PM

DXM is a potent Sigma-1 Agonist and so is DMT.

It's pharmacology is quite distinct from XME, Ketamine. Probably closest is pcp. But i don't know enough about mxe or ketamine to make an accurate guess. But I feel like I can distinguish the Sigma-1- agonism in pcp it is similar to what dmt does.

So for the sake of experimenting, I feel like DXM is interesting. Granted, it is in a purified form!! I've never tried it, but from what i've heared not everyone has DXM use under control (as exampled in this thread).

Also, the pineal gland is home for Tryptamine synthesis but also Histamine. So a combination of altered metabolism in both of these is bound to make some profound mystical changes in the brain. Razz

null24
#17 Posted : 3/8/2015 11:04:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To update my earlier post. I'll never know. At least not from observing the guy i was talking about. We had planned a DMT trip after a two hour hike in the woods and he showed up 'drunk' on DXM. I say that because that's how he acted. Think I'll stay aDXM virgin myself, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. He was being a jerk. Why would someone take a disassociative before a hike? (I know that's what it is because he told me so, over and over. Also how dumb i was for not knowing. ) sheesh.
As for potentiating the DMT, i don't know. The DMT seemed to straighten him up a little, but he was still being a jerk.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

concombres
#18 Posted : 3/8/2015 11:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
To update my earlier post. I'll never know. At least not from observing the guy i was talking about. We had planned a DMT trip after a two hour hike in the woods and he showed up 'drunk' on DXM. I say that because that's how he acted. Think I'll stay aDXM virgin myself, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. He was being a jerk. Why would someone take a disassociative before a hike? (I know that's what it is because he told me so, over and over. Also how dumb i was for not knowing. ) sheesh.
As for potentiating the DMT, i don't know. The DMT seemed to straighten him up a little, but he was still being a jerk.

Dxm is not worth taking. Your not missing much.
Especially once you've had dmt.
The day i got good connections that were steady & proved to be trustworthy & responsible, i gave up on dxm altogether.
Besides a few low dose moshroom trips & a tab or two of weak L, dxm was the easiest thing to get when i was younger & the ease of access combined with dissociation & detatchment from problems made it easy to abuse to run away.
Once i had a few good Lsd experiences dxm looked like a broken childrens toy & there was no turning back.

In less words, dxm sucks & will not impress you much if your used to actual psychedellics.

Infectedstyle
#19 Posted : 3/8/2015 11:54:28 PM

Most people who take DXM do it for the high/drunk. But I know there are some who swear by it as an entheogen.

I guess attitude matters. As with everything but disos seem to offer the widest variety of possible uses (i.e. ketamine as a party drug, anti-depressant, psychedelic, painkiller). Sooo.. Sorry to hear u dealt with someone on the bad-end of that rope, mate. Some people are just dicks.. Very happy

tydel24
#20 Posted : 3/9/2015 9:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also sry you had to deal with your friend like that. I do find that when I'm on it I can easily come off as a dick as well. I too agree dxm is not worth the damage it xausesm and I do wish I could take back the countless red pills I've ingested. But that's something in working on myself. I had a revelsting experience the other night. Basically my journey told me if I didn't stop soon I would die. This is incredible medicine thank you to infected style for your info, and agreeing with me I'm not crazy when referring to this potentiation. It really does credit the experience. But still probably doesn't beat harmalas.