We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7891011NEXT»
What the FAQ? Please Do Some Research... Options

TwennyBux
#161 Posted : 1/12/2015 4:24:01 AM

Psychonautical engineer

Hey bro, I wouldn't worry too much I have never stored bark in a freezer and never had a problem. I used shredded MHRB that had been sitting in a cupboard for about 2 years, it was in a bag inside of a tuppaware container and it yielded as well as the day I got it. Who knows how long it sits on a shelf before you acquire it. As long as you keep it in a dry place with as little airflow as possible you should be fine brother!Thumbs up

Peace
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
– Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Spaced Out 2
#162 Posted : 1/12/2015 4:31:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep I think as long as the spice stays in salt form, which its in while in the bark, it'll last a long long time with very little degradation, if any. I'm with Twenny, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

concombres
#163 Posted : 1/12/2015 4:32:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Not sure on how long you plan on storing, I've personally used bark that was over a year old and not had any issues. Of course I had no way of knowing the original content so what I got is what I got. If your worried about it degrading you could always vacuum seal it, that would probably help.

I actually have a vaccum sealet & it never crossed my mind.
The bark will probably be stored for a very long time, it takes me months to burn through a single gram of spice.
i won't say how much but at this rate my grandchildren will inherit rootbark. i have the oppertunity to move tp hawaii for work & the area i'd be staying in has a lot of wild confusa.
I could easily harvest sustainably once or twice a year without harming the trees if i stay & never run out Big grin

Spaced Out 2
#164 Posted : 1/12/2015 5:12:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That would be nice, having a never ending supply of spice at your fingertips. Wouldn't plan on storing for long then if you plan on moving cause then you would have fresh bark. Either way you can vacuum seal it or move to Hawaii. Personally I'd move to Hawaii. Good luck whatever route you take!Thumbs up

concombres
#165 Posted : 1/12/2015 5:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
That would be nice, having a never ending supply of spice at your fingertips. Wouldn't plan on storing for long then if you plan on moving cause then you would have fresh bark. Either way you can vacuum seal it or move to Hawaii. Personally I'd move to Hawaii. Good luck whatever route you take!Thumbs up

Well my plan was to stock up slowly on fresh bark once i get thereBig grin
I could store it indeffinately.
However thinking a little more into it, it seems horribly greedy of me to stash so much rootbark to be saved with an abundance of it natrually occuring a couple miles away.

No need for propper storage if it's harvested fresh only as needed.

It will for sure be nice to know i'll always have access to spice though Smile
As long as the island i'm going to doesn't end up deforested or all the invasive acacias eradicated :/

Spaced Out 2
#166 Posted : 1/12/2015 5:55:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I know there it's supposedly invasive and trying to eradicate it so you might stock up on some anyway, just in case. Wouldn't hurt if they are going to cut them down. Food for thought. If you do go enjoy your new home and plant life!

TwennyBux
#167 Posted : 1/12/2015 6:25:07 AM

Psychonautical engineer

Aww man wish I could move to Hawaii! Go with that for sure haha. Me and the wife are lookin at going on vacation there soon, looks amazing! Either way I'm sure if stored in a decent way it will last years with little to no loss of yieldSmile
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
– Terence McKenna

tydel24
#168 Posted : 1/30/2015 9:08:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before i take the dive im going to try to outline a process.
I wish to use a 1 to 1 ratio using cappi. But i would also like to effectively use syrian rue. Ive read through some rue extractions. Im just curious as to how extensive i would have to be in my extraction to put it on my leaf. I see that rue extracts are available online. Coming in a tincture of somesort. How would one effectively use it to infuse leaf.

SynKyd
#169 Posted : 1/30/2015 3:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebase rue extract (Powder) is easily obtained online can be added to your mix with the spice and Caapi leaf. Depending on how much rue you want to use it would be 1 part leaf (caapi or caapi plus others) to one part Magic to x parts rue FB extract. I wouldn't recommend 1:1:1 for your first time though, start low and work your way up, and you may consider making a batch without the rue extract also so you understand what it adds to the mix. Some people are sensitive to MAOIs also, so this approach can be very helpful if you are one of them.

That is the path I took based on nexus research and it has served me well.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Gardenic
#170 Posted : 2/16/2015 3:36:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello

Im ready for starting and i have some doubts.

first point of first tec.

- 1.boil for 2h MHRB

hours is long enough?

in second tec i read "do not allow to boil"

so what is proper methods? just boild and dont care about temp or gently and slowly heat on 90c ?

i buy only 100g NaOH , its enough for 2kg MHRB? 1kg? 500g?

Greeting!

Close your eyes, and stop dreaming. Wake up

Gardenic
#171 Posted : 3/2/2015 2:53:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello.

if washing is necessary when the final product is pure white?
I wonder whether it makes sense, but after all, better to take care of health;p

question that just came over me, because i preparing for a small trip just now;p

greeting
Close your eyes, and stop dreaming. Wake up

fathomlessness
#172 Posted : 3/6/2015 12:17:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just like to share that I ran in to problems with emulsion when the consistancy or viscosity of the solution just started getting thicker. (around 1/5 of total volume of combined acid cooks)

This I believe is due to not enough water coming into contact with the lye. Even after adding 100 grams of lye it just floated to the bottom and wouldn't react.

Solution: Split into two jars and added more water and was careful about the overheating and aimed for 120f 50c.

Hope this helps someone!!Smile

fathomlessness
#173 Posted : 3/6/2015 12:29:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find the best way to check is to seperately contain the 4th or 5th pull into a seperate container, stash it in the reezer for half an hour and then remove and blow on it. You will then see whether there is a substantial amount of spice left in the mix.

I am aware this is on the FAQ, I made this thread is for anyone using the search function of this site that didn't getting anything with "how many pulls".

Thanks, hope that helps someone Drool Wink

yummygoodness
#174 Posted : 3/8/2015 7:38:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to do an A/B extraction. In between the acid boil and basify I want to do a xylene de-fat. my question is if I do the xylene de-fat then basify with NaOH followed by Napatha pulls can I also do one or two xylene pulls to extract jungle spice? as far as I can tell the xylene de-fat should not effect jungle spice since it will still be in salt form from acidified aqueous solution. im unsure though due to the unknown aspect of the attributes of jungle spice.

MrHonekyDonkey
#175 Posted : 3/8/2015 10:50:11 PM
Physically I am here, mentally I am far far away

Hi, I am posting this up because I need help on Earthwalker's tek. The step that has given me trouble (or the one where I realized something went wrong on my previous steps) is on the Clean Up steps. When I pour my saturated naps onto the acidified water & swirl it around, I am expecting to see a brown fatty layer in beteeen. I don't see any brown fatty layer in between my acidified water & saturated naphtha. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have tried doing this tek several times & this always happens with little to no yield at all. Crying or very sad Any help would be greatly appreciatedSmile
MrHonekyDonkey attached the following image(s):
IMG_20150308_152229.jpg (1,586kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
IMG_20150308_152257.jpg (1,753kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
IMG_20150308_152316.jpg (1,550kb) downloaded 126 time(s).

null24
#176 Posted : 3/8/2015 11:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Wait, what? Little to no yield? At all? Are you sure it's acrb? EW's tek is solid. Can you outline your process for us? If you tell us what YOU did exactly, then someone may be able to help. I don't do a clean up step, being a goo-guy ( hey!), but i would think a lack of fat layer would correspond to either 1)super clean spice already, or 2) something else entirely Laughing
Sorry, that's mean. What i mean is maybe you are cleaning something other than DMT saturated naps.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

MrHonekyDonkey
#177 Posted : 3/9/2015 2:52:18 AM

Well I let my ACRB soak in the acidified water (which was 70ml of white 5% vinegar) over night. & this morning I put it in a heat bath for an hour and a half & swirled it every 10 minutes. I dissolved 80g of non iodized salt in 400ml & I later put 600ml on the saltine mix & poured it in the acidified mix. I measured out 65g of lye & poured it on 300ml of water. I poured it on the mix. I put it on a heat bath for 3 hours & added the hot naphtha after that

MrHonekyDonkey
#178 Posted : 3/9/2015 2:55:53 AM

What I want to know is how do I do this step exactly? How do I know the DMT is in the acidified water & not the naptha? Does the saturated naptha get less saturated if I'm doing it right?

Tryptallmine
#179 Posted : 3/9/2015 4:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MrHonekyDonkey wrote:
What I want to know is how do I do this step exactly? How do I know the DMT is in the acidified water & not the naptha? Does the saturated naptha get less saturated if I'm doing it right?

In your first picture, I think there is a very very fine layer of plant fats. There looks like there is 3 layers, albeit a very fine line.

The solvent will still retain that dirty looking color even if you're doing it right. However the DMT salts back into the acid. I tend to see microscopic white specs floating around in the acidic water, but after enough swirling I just trust that its migrated across especially If I knew the pre-cleanup solvent was highly saturated.

When I clean ACRB there is a definite layer of brown fatty plant oils. Every Acacia I've extracted with does this. There is the possibility that it's clean, but I'm probably more inclined to believe that your bark isn't great.

You could try adding a little more acid into your water and swirling around again 10+ times. You could also try putting it into a heat bath - which is something I do too.

After that, remove the solvent and put it aside in a jar, mix your base and put it in with the acidic water. If it doesn't turn white like milk then your DMT is either in very low quantity or your solvent wasn't saturated (low yielding) before the cleanup step.

You have come unstuck twice at this point. When I was doing my first few extractions I really didn't understand or know what saturated solvent looked like until I extracted with MHRB. After that point I was like "aha!, that's what its supposed to look like!".

I'm starting to think that you are believing that your solvent is saturated when it's actually not at all. When solvent is saturated it looks kinda magical. The slightest blowing on it/change in temperature makes it really obviously cloud up, even when you have 100+ml of naphtha.

You need to check your solvent before the clean up step. Evaporate it down by half and if you can still see through it then its not heavily saturated.

Once you've based the mix, put up a photo and we'll have a look.

On a side note, see if you can find Hydrochloric acid HCl at your local hardware store. I find it a hell of a lot easier to work with (make sure you have adequate protective gear, eyes, respiratory, gloves). Doesn't stink your house up either.

Earthwalker
#180 Posted : 3/9/2015 2:30:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MrHonekyDonkey wrote:
Hi, I am posting this up because I need help on Earthwalker's tek. The step that has given me trouble (or the one where I realized something went wrong on my previous steps) is on the Clean Up steps. When I pour my saturated naps onto the acidified water & swirl it around, I am expecting to see a brown fatty layer in beteeen. I don't see any brown fatty layer in between my acidified water & saturated naphtha. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have tried doing this tek several times & this always happens with little to no yield at all. Crying or very sad Any help would be greatly appreciatedSmile

The brown layer as I call it is plant dusts and minuet fat deposits but that's with very ultra fine powdered bark , all barks are differant and what you have there looks sweet Thumbs up

If you're not getting any result change barks , as you're technic above looks sound , and you aren't going to see the dmt change sides from the naps to acidifyd water. , only once you add the lye it will go white and snowflake should appear then and then only .. But sounds like bunk bark to me mate , hope this helps Smile
And tryptallmine has some good advice Thumbs up

«PREV7891011NEXT»