We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Please help with bufo extraction Options

reddog
#1 Posted : 3/6/2015 7:38:57 AM

Entheometrist

Hello,

I tried to perform the extraction from here https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=10071 on 10g of Cebil seeds.

However, instead of sodium carbonate I used calcium hydroxide (lime) for freebasing.

Until step 7 everything went fine. Fumarates (and whatever else was in there, it smelled a bit like the lime paste did before) did stick to the sides and the bottom and some irregular crystals of a very dark brown-caramel color have formed. I dried them, until acetone smell was gone.

Following step 8, I tried to dissolve the crystals in water. They did not dissolve completely. Some solids stayed, so I filtered the solution through a coffee filter (and kept the filters, just in case). Then I proceeded to add 1g of lime to the solution. The tech mentions "a caramel coloured lump of freebase bufotenine". This did not happen at all. To be precise, nothing precipitated, just the excess lime stayed and gathered on the bottom slowly.

Looks like something went horribly wrong. I wonder, if it was possible to substitute sodium carbonate for calcium hydroxide. In the steps 2-3 everything looked alright. I made a very thick doughy paste and mixed it thorughly, then let it sit for an hour and then evaporated the water, until the paste was absolutely dry.

I have more seeds to play with. I just would like to know, what to improve.
Thank you.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

reddog
#2 Posted : 3/6/2015 12:23:29 PM

Entheometrist

Sorry, in case this was the wrong place to post...

reddog
#3 Posted : 3/9/2015 9:38:03 AM

Entheometrist

Here an update: I have performed another extraction on a 10g batch. With three adjustments.

1. Use sodium carbonate - it dries by itself, when not too much water is added

2. Toast the seeds in the oven at 150C up front

3. Use a herbal percolator to filter acetone, when pulling the free-based material

The result is quite surprising. Mixing in fumaric acid gave me very lightly tanned salts. I mixed these with soda, added a little water and instantly a lump of resiny consistency has formed. I could spread it in a petry dish and dry it to an almost white powder. I tried evaporating 5mg, but burned it a bit. However, it is most definitely active. No visuals, but a feeling of being pushed a little out of the body. No nausea, no apparent bad effects. I consider this a success.