We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The last time I took DMT orally Options

seaofpeace
#1 Posted : 3/5/2015 6:24:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A few weeks ago I took a 200mg of Harmine HCL with 50mg of DMT Fumarte, both capsuled.
I did no eat for at least for 6 hours prior and the whole week before I did eat very light and healthy. (none of the known risky stuff)
It was very mellow and not much visuals and I had a beautiful moment in it like floating in a sea with a huge sundown on the horizon. I can recommend listening to Flying Lotus. His music is really is amazing on DMT (at least for me).

The problem was how I could not get over the nausea and urge to puke. It ruins it for me. It's so bad because I think oral DMT its probably my favourite psychedelic route so far if it wasn't for the nausea.
It wasn't necessarily a bad trip. But it had some absolute hell like moments that scared me almost to the point where I feared I might get PTSD from it.
My assumption was that the Harmine causes this and so I decided to lower the dose and try drinking some ginger tea (helps me very well against vomiting) with some potatoes and carrots to jumpstart the metabolism when taking it next time.

So I swallowed a capsule of 150mg of Harmine and one with 100mg of DMT Fumarate at around 22:20 yesterday with some bites of boiled patatos, carrots and drank a bit of ginger tea.
After around 15 minutes I took the DMT Fumarate. I tried standing a lot before the world became different. The first time I sat from the bringing on my bed and I think the problem with that is that it kinda "blocks" my digestive system in a way. At least I feel like it perpetuates the nausea. So this time I did not try to sit too much. And it worked I had a great trip looking out the window and seeing holes in the cloud ceiling revealing those beautiful stars in a way I never seen before. The stars got brighter and brighter and it seemed like they where moving. Words can not describe the kind of weird interactions I seemed to have had with those photons travelling such long distances to get received by my eyes letting them sit on my fingers.

At some point I thought it would be nice to lay down on my bed in an upright position. There it got more and more intense with clouds dancing around, trees moving and forming fractal patterns followed by a moment of total "time freeze". In a way the music playing in the background just stopped and time slowed to a point where it seemed to not exist any more. That was a beautiful experience but it was at that point that the nausea started to kick in. The next few hours ware one of the worst moments of my life. I don't want to go into it but it came to a point where I had to call my room mate because I actually though I am going to die because of stress and fear. Maybe this fear of mine becoming PTSD might be silly but for me it's not a matter of will but of automatisms that come up and it's hard to constantly trying to meditate your way out of it. Although that helped a lot partly.

Anyway, I am happy for this experience. But I will never try this form of DMT ingestion again. I want people to know that the combination of a DMT trip and stomach pain and nausea could be something incredibly unpleasant and it's not something to underestimate. I certainly did.

Have a nice trip.

(My native language is German so excuse me if this text might sound confusing)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Flippo
#2 Posted : 3/5/2015 7:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So is it the fight against vomitting which makes you feel bad during your trip?
Have you ever tried to let it go and puke it all out? You will feel a lot better afterwards.
In ayahuasca ceremonies vomitting is seen as part of the process, it cleans your body and soul of burdens your carrying.

seaofpeace
#3 Posted : 3/5/2015 7:31:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Flippo wrote:
So is it the fight against vomitting which makes you feel bad during your trip?
Have you ever tried to let it go and puke it all out? You will feel a lot better afterwards.
In ayahuasca ceremonies vomitting is seen as part of the process, it cleans your body and soul of burdens your carrying.

I forgot to mention that yes I try to vomit but for some reason I find it extremely difficult to let something out. At one point it almost did but it got stuck and I had to drink water.

I also understand that that seems to have some kind of revealing effect in general. I only wish it would work for me.

Flippo
#4 Posted : 3/5/2015 9:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh ok, I can understand this can really effect your trip in a negative way. Have you thought about joining a guided ayahuasca ceremony, like a 6 person ceremony or so? They can help guide you through rough moments during the trip.

seaofpeace
#5 Posted : 3/5/2015 9:32:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am not sure if I am still up to something like that. It's also a question of money.

ShamensStamen
#6 Posted : 3/5/2015 11:45:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try Moclobemide, no nausea or vomiting. Though it is a pure DMT experience rather than an Ayahuasca-like experience. One could also choose to smoke Harmalas on top of Moclobemide and DMT.

Also, adjust your DMT dosage, too much DMT will cause feelings of terror, panic, fear, all that. Use a moderate dose.

seaofpeace
#7 Posted : 3/7/2015 9:37:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
Try Moclobemide, no nausea or vomiting. Though it is a pure DMT experience rather than an Ayahuasca-like experience. One could also choose to smoke Harmalas on top of Moclobemide and DMT.

Also, adjust your DMT dosage, too much DMT will cause feelings of terror, panic, fear, all that. Use a moderate dose.

Really no reported cases of nausea with that MAOi?

I really don't care about a pure ayahuasca experience. A pure oral DMT experience is all I would love to experience. I tryed smoking "electric cheep" changa with a friend yesterday using a vaponic vaporizer. It worked fine but we didn't dare to go too far yet. I had a buzz with minor CEV. My friend experienced anxaiety and reported that she felt like she left her body. She never reaserched much about DMT. Supprised me she said that.

Also I don't think it's the DMT dose that makes me panic but the feeling of nausea. Having nausea I panic even without DMT.

100mg seems to be almost perfect for me. I might even go a bit further.

For now I will try to get good at inhaling DMT. I had my concerns with this route but with the Vaponic is great because I dont suck in the heat and gas from the torchligher. I really hated that. Also the vapor is very smooth. It's just indicates enought to know when something is getting into my lungs. If I manage to get a breakthrough with that thing I couldn't be more satisfied.

BearWhoDreams
#8 Posted : 3/10/2015 1:55:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I did Ayahuasca the feeling of nausea and need to purge was very hard to overcome, just couldn't bring myself to do it. So I feel that, it can make for a really rough experience at times. I think for me is I just haven't puked much in my life. only a handful of times so the actual act seems quite frightening while I'm tripping.

Chan
#9 Posted : 3/10/2015 6:41:53 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Just purge!

I spent ages resisting, because I almost had a phobia against being sick.

Eventually, I gave in, and have never looked back. For me, purging is a stage I had to pass through, now I hardly ever need to.

Your first purge(s) will probably be the worst, because you get rid of all the accumulated crap you've been carrying around. But after that, happy days, and you will probably hardly ever purge again, unless your system gets refilled with crap or sickness etc...

You could try increasing doses of harmalas alone, for a few times, to get the purging started, but without any full-on visual effects to deal with.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

corpus callosum
#10 Posted : 3/10/2015 7:18:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

seaofpeace wrote:
ShamensStamen wrote:

Really no reported cases of nausea with that MAOi?

I really don't care about a pure ayahuasca experience. A pure oral DMT experience is all I would love to experience.

I agree; moclobemide is a lot kinder on the GI tract than harmalas and at 300mg will provide reliable MAO-A inhibition.100mg of freebase DMT orally with this gives a shorter-lived but pretty potent experience with a more clinical, cold clarity than that provided by harmala alkaloids.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

seaofpeace
#11 Posted : 3/10/2015 9:05:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

Puking is also rare for me. I have a minor problem with my esophagus where the entrance to my stomach is a bit open all the time and I have higher risk of getting a full-blown hernia. When I tried puking it seemed like the stuff got stuck at the beginning of the esophagus. It was very frightening because of the mentioned above problem. I think this might be the no. 1 reason why I can't let go of fear. Fear makes sense sometimes and if you body tells you something isn't right maybe you should listen.

I haven't research that purging stuff and it seems dubious to be that you "get rid of the bad stuff" when puking. I am not sure what exactly is meant by that.

I don't know.

Curiously enough my stomach feels much better after that terrifying experience.

Would you say that that clinical feeling is comparable with vaping DMT freebase, corpus callosum?

Synkromystic
#12 Posted : 3/10/2015 1:10:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dmt fumarate is still a highly alkaline substance. Not as much as pure dmt, but still very strong. It will burn your throat and stomach. Harmalas not so much, but still some. Harmine/Harmaline Hcl is a very smooth transition for me usually.

It's possible your stomach doesn't make enough Hcl acid to neutralize the ph of the Harmalas and Dmt. This would mean that the nausea and discomfort could continue much longer. You could take some betaine hcl with the dmt/harmalas to bring the ph of your stomach down. Also eating a little bit of bread with the dmt could be very helpful, in that it would help buffer the effects of the high ph, and would most likely allow for a longer, smoother drawn out trip, since(in theory) the dmt would not be absorbed as quickly.

Redguard
#13 Posted : 3/10/2015 11:01:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with many of the above posters in regards to purging. Usually its only really bad the first few times. If this continues to be a problem for you it may be wise to consider an alternative method of dosing. I like to drink my brews the old fashioned way 3x3 hour boils, tannins removed via egg whites, freeze/thaw cycles to make sure the liquid drops it's particulate matter and put in a tall glass so it all condenses near the bottom. Bottoms up. I've consumed well over a 100 grams of rue and 50 grams of acacia bark in a single day with this method. Absolutely no nausea.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

carl2112
#14 Posted : 3/11/2015 12:56:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Isnt dmt fumarate a salt ? I assumed oral consumption was the reason for converting it to dmt fumarate that and a longer shelf life

seaofpeace
#15 Posted : 3/12/2015 1:53:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yes you are right carl.

Does the ginger tea lower or heightens the pH?

Never heard of that stuff Redguard. I diffidently have to look up more stuff regarding oral dmt consumption.

BundleflowerPower
#16 Posted : 3/12/2015 3:57:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man From Chan Chan wrote:
Just purge!

I spent ages resisting, because I almost had a phobia against being sick.

Eventually, I gave in, and have never looked back. For me, purging is a stage I had to pass through, now I hardly ever need to.

Your first purge(s) will probably be the worst, because you get rid of all the accumulated crap you've been carrying around. But after that, happy days, and you will probably hardly ever purge again, unless your system gets refilled with crap or sickness etc...

You could try increasing doses of harmalas alone, for a few times, to get the purging started, but without any full-on visual effects to deal with.

This is the best advise. I used to think that I didn't need a purge. Before I drank ayahuasca (and it's analogs) I experimented extensively with morning glories. I spent many trips holding back the purge, until I had a breakthrough experience in which I learned to surrender to the medicine. So luckily by the time I drank aya, I knew how holding in a purge can ruin a great experience and letting it out can be extremely healing.

If it won't come up I simply stick my finger down my throat.

You can also try chewing on some sweet flag root, it settles the stomach and adds an nice extra dimention to the experience.