We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Does salvia give you euphoric effects?
Choice Votes Statistics
No 9 30 %
Maybe a little 11 36 %
Considerable euphoria 6 20 %
Let's go frolic in the forest!! 4 13 %

PREV123NEXT
Salvia Euphoric? Options

Rising Spirit
#21 Posted : 2/9/2011 11:49:32 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

jbark wrote:
The salvia experience itself has always been for me at best neutral and mildly, enjoyably disorienting and at worst, terribly dysphoric. The afterglow, however, is unequaled in euphoria, a euphoria that is commensurate with the strength of the experience and that tapers slowly from a peak 5 minutes after "returning" to up to 2 hours.

Can you elucidate just a little on why you are feeling this euphoria, in your post peaking experience? I always am glad to be back on two feet, with the solidity of a familiar world under my center of gravity. I personally feel quite alien for several minutes, as I re-assimilate my "normal" pattern of habitual being. Still, in the afterglow, I do feel almost reborn, however battle-weary. This can be quite peaceful and even a touch sedated and electro-fuzzy?

Frankly, during the dissociation of the wild Salvinorin A rodeo, I can't rally say I even knew what human feeling is, let alone how I feel. The most intriguing thing I notice about the SD experience, is that my identity is evaporated temporarily and I am wide open to possibilities. Also, I always vaguely remember that I have recalled something of profound depth and power... but I honestly can't remember what it is any more, upon the returning. There are small flashes, bits & pieces that linger on, though...

Like when you dream of flying at night when you sleep? Since I was a small child, I have had dreams of flying through the open blue sky. In the middle of the dream experience, I remember the equation for flight. It is an incantation with certain mystical/mathematical significance but when recited properly, it cause weightlessness. It is a thought form of sorts and has the capacity to enable us to will ourselves to do just about anything, including flying.

But... that's dreaming and the realm of the right hemisphere of the human brain, a world of symbols and variegated feelings and sensations. Salvia Divinorum seems to have it's own universe and it's own rules. My subjectivity gets blown to tiny pieces of electromagnetic confetti!!!

maxzar100 wrote:
It is definitely different from the euphoria of mescaline, aya, mdma, etc, but for me I find it is definitely a euphoria of its own type, especially If I smoke it every day for a 2 or 3 weeks the euphoria will last throughout the day if I smoke it in the morning.

Again, I wonder if a reverse tolerance type of mechanism is at play with Salvia Divinorum euphoria? I'll have to spend more time with the Lady and touch base with everyone after the voyage.. I have Friday off and I gots me some 20x standardized extract.

universecannon wrote:
not usually, unless you count that huge rush of euphoria on the comedown of a rough one..that euphoric relief which surges through me as i realize i'm not dead and wont be stuck in an eternity of mind-fuck forever.

Me too. I also have given this considerable thought over the last few days... I believe the degree of euphoria we experience is correlated to how much we actually like ourselves. You know, after intense dissociation, an introductory period of acquaintance occurs between the freshly Salvianated dreamer, the core soul essence of the individual Spirit Dancer and the conditioned mind-set, personality characteristics and the unique patterning of the ordinary personage.

I know it sounds trite, but I actually do like to return to my own particular subjective constructs. This will definately produce a relaxed and somewhat euphoric state of mind. Am I crazy or what? "Thank God I'm me, once more, whew..." Again, I will touch bases in a couple days and report back to your folks about the lift off, the voyage and the landing/re-entry period.

burnignmouth wrote:
I think I read once that salvia can't produce euphoria because of its receptor. But I'm in the camp that says there is a euphoric affect. When I'm tripping with extract, I feel like I'm in a salvia world that feels euphoric. Also, when I'm in the afterglow (plain leaf or extract), there is a strong positive feeling state, almost blissful.

Say, did you feel this euphoria from the very beginning of your dance with Lady Salvia trips or did if gradually come on with more familiarity, attunement and exposure? I am curious to know if there is a learning curve with this herb, as there certainly is with the tolerance levels. The other Sacred Medicines create a more "spiritual" pattern of progressive stages of mind expansion, climaxing in a release into gentle waves of peace and euphoric ripples of blissfulness. Always, this is the calm after the storm, so to speak. The intensity of the peaks are, as we all know, beyond the scope of words. Why would Salvia Divinorum be any different? I would like to tune in to the bliss while in the rush of SD immersion. You folks have truly inspired me to open myself further to the reception of this ecstatic symbiosis.

Dioxippus wrote:
I'm definitely with you, it can and does produce euphoria. The neutral emotional flatness that gibran and I talked about is (for me at least) a very relaxed state, conducive to a meditative state. That's the impression I've gotten many times, that I could reach this state on my own through meditation, if I worked hard enough at it. Fortunately, I'm able to experience it through Salvia instantaneously, rather than spending most of my natural life trying to attain it. These entheogens we work with are fabulous short-cuts to profound states of mind.

Agreed. I am highly motivated to take steps to experiment with some of these states of mind. I've also been working steadily on my lucid dreaming sensibilities. I have just started to touch into something wonderful and I sense Salvia Divinorum World is vibrating on a very similar plane of consciousness... only much, much more psychedelically explosive! Spiralling pinwheels of crackling, multicolored lights. Yes, it's a wild ride indeed.

Peace, love & light
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burningmouth
#22 Posted : 2/10/2011 11:32:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.
Rising Spirit wrote:

Like when you dream of flying at night when you sleep? Since I was a small child, I had had dreams of flying through the open blue sky. In the middle of the dream experience, I remember the equation for flight. It is an incantation with certain mystical/mathematical significance but when recited properly, it cause weightlessness. It is a thought form of sorts and has the capacity to enable us to will ourselves to do just about anything, including flying.

But... that's dreaming and the realm of the right hemisphere of the human brain, a world of symbols and variegated feelings and sensations. Salvia Divinorum seems to have it's own universe and it's own rules. My subjectivity gets blown to tiny pieces of electromagnetic confetti!!!

Again, I wonder if a reverse tolerance type of mechanism is at play with Salvia Divinorum euphoria? I'll have to spend more time with the Lady and touch base with everyone after the voyage.. I have Friday off and I gots me some 20x standardized extract.

Me too. I also have given this considerable thought over the last few days... I believe the degree of euphoria we experience is correlated to how much we actually like ourselves. You know, after intense dissociation, an introductory period of acquaintance occurs between the freshly Salvianated dreamer, the core soul essence of the individual Spirit Dancer and the conditioned mind-set, personality characteristics and the unique patterning of the ordinary personage.

I know it sounds trite, but I actually do like to return to my own particular subjective constructs. This will definately produce a relaxed and somewhat euphoric state of mind. Am I crazy or what? "Thank God I'm me, once more, whew..." Again, I will touch bases in a couple days and report back to your folks about the lift off, the voyage and the landing/re-entry period.

burnignmouth wrote:
I think I read once that salvia can't produce euphoria because of its receptor. But I'm in the camp that says there is a euphoric affect. When I'm tripping with extract, I feel like I'm in a salvia world that feels euphoric. Also, when I'm in the afterglow (plain leaf or extract), there is a strong positive feeling state, almost blissful.

Say, did you feel this euphoria from the very beginning of your dance with Lady Salvia trips or did if gradually come on with more familiarity, attunement and exposure? I am curious to know if there is a learning curve with this herb, as there certainly is with the tolerance levels. The other Sacred Medicines create a more "spiritual" pattern of progressive stages of mind expansion, climaxing in a release into gentle waves of peace and euphoric ripples of blissfulness. Always, this is the calm after the storm, so to speak. The intensity of the peaks are, as we all know, beyond the scope of words. Why would Salvia Divinorum be any different? I would like to tune in to the bliss while in the rush of SD immersion. You folks have truly inspired me to open myself further to the reception of this ecstatic symbiosis.

Dioxippus wrote:
I'm definitely with you, it can and does produce euphoria. The neutral emotional flatness that gibran and I talked about is (for me at least) a very relaxed state, conducive to a meditative state. That's the impression I've gotten many times, that I could reach this state on my own through meditation, if I worked hard enough at it. Fortunately, I'm able to experience it through Salvia instantaneously, rather than spending most of my natural life trying to attain it. These entheogens we work with are fabulous short-cuts to profound states of mind.

Agreed. I am highly motivated to take steps to experiment with some of these states of mind. I've also been working steadily on my lucid dreaming sensibilities. I have just started to touch into something wonderful and I sense Salvia Divinorum World is vibrating on a very similar plane of consciousness... only much, much more psychedelically explosive! Spiralling pinwheels of crackling, multicolored lights. Yes, it's a wild ride indeed.

Peace, love & light

Interesting that you brought up flying dreams. I always get a great feeling during those dreams. I haven't had a good flying dream in months. Sometimes, I think that flying dreams are a type of lesson. If we pass a test, the next flying dream is more spectacular. Also, in alot of my flying dreams, I flap my arms like a bird. Speaking of birds, today I peaked through my apt window and saw a bald eagle doing circles in the sky. Smile (so I went and bought a lottery ticket)

My feeling of euphoria came on gradually. It really shot up the first time I quidded. I could feel a strong spiritual state coursing through my whole body.

If you do 20x, you will probably be smacked around by strong hallucinations for a few minutes. It's hard to feel any bliss/euphoria during those times. Once you settle down, you might experience euphoria. Find a quiet place where you will feel secure.

Hey Diox, I'm in total agreement with you about the meditation.

Rising Spirit
#23 Posted : 2/13/2011 3:22:50 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Hi Gang,

I just got back from a voyage within the Salvinorin Seas. During the peak of the experience, I felt no euphoria at all. Frankly, I was transfixed to such a degree that I can't even come close to describing what I felt. My subjectivity was challenged to find orientation, to say the very least! It was, however, the most spiritual breakthrough I've ever had with Salvia Divinorum. I was shattered and assimilated into a force which is most unique and frighteningly powerful. After this immersion, I feel a deep and engrossing peace.

Icarus aflame and fallen to earth to die, and yet, awakens to be reborn anew.

I still feel this deep peace and it makes me smile. I would not call this feeling 'euphoric' but it is a stillness which shimmers in my heart. I feel like I am struggling at translating with assimilating much of what I saw, felt and merged within... even as my fingers fumble with these keys. I'm still a little light-headed and fuzzy, yet very inspired to share some of this before I forget the most prominent highlights and significant details.

So do I feel euphoric? No, not really but I feel a profound stillness and a sense of being reborn, anew. Is it merely a semantically differentiated classification to each of us as individuals, based on our own personal understanding of 'euphoria'? I don't know... but it's not same euphoric state of mind as with post-peaking states of reemergence, with Spice, P. mushrooms, Mesc, Acid or Ecstasy. I would clearly label them all as states of transcendent bliss or even Nirvana. Salvia has it's own vibe, a unique language and it's own kind of Salvia Enlightenment. Right? Wink

So I voted, Maybe a little because there was no, New definition of euphoria category.

BTW, I am posting a trip report shortly, if any of you fine folks want to visit. The name of the new thread will be: The Salvinorin Self

Peace, love & light
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Metanoia
#24 Posted : 2/13/2011 6:53:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I look forward to a full trip report! I like your way of describing the Salvia experience as "Salvinorin Seas" Pleased

I'm going to create a Salvia Trip Report thread for everyone. Hopefully we can amass some really great reports all in one thread.

burningmouth
#25 Posted : 2/13/2011 9:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.
Rising Spirit wrote:
Salvia has it's own vibe, a unique language and it's own kind of Salvia Enlightenment. Right? Wink

So I voted, Maybe a little because there was no, New definition of euphoria category.

BTW, I am posting a trip report shortly, if any of you fine folks want to visit. The name of the new thread will be: Spritual Light of Salvinorin A
Peace, love & light

Salvia does seem to have its own vibe, which is why I wouldn't place it in the same category as the mystical or Eastern Buddhist states. There is something unique about salvia. It is peaceful and liberating (after the 3 minutes of tripping). Well, maybe the trip is also liberating. Anyway, it's hard to quantify or qualify the salvia state, but that's why this thread is important. We need to explore these areas.

#edit#
Dukkha is the Buddhists term for suffering or dis-satisfaction. It's possible that the feeling of euphoria is related to the pacification of dukkha during the afterglow. It's not so much that some of us are feeling euphoric. It's just that we are temporarily released from dukkha.

Nathanial.Dread
#26 Posted : 3/1/2015 1:40:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

removed
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Cognitive Heart
#27 Posted : 3/1/2015 3:43:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The laughter from salvia divinorum is quite profound and remarkably intense. Especially within your perception of the environment. Such as your body, objects, or even other beings of nature. Higher doses are beyond words, really. Something so utterly strange in its beauty but also magnificent in design and creative touches to reality. Smaller doses are nice with some meditation.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

starway6
#28 Posted : 3/2/2015 2:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not shure its euphoria but on extract it humbles me to see my filtered reality desolve very quickly..

And the Beings are always all around observing me!
Who are they!!Neutral

I have a theory that they may be deciesed relatives and other people in spirit world that knew me in the physical world waiting for me..

And others are ancient people from long ago beings
of energy..

No its not euphoria.. after being temporarily striped of my ego self and sense of self compleatly emersed in a new world or a world that has always been here..

I found the salvia experiance to be easier to tolerate if my attitude is positive towards the shepardess..

One time after a little 7x observing a fast spinning vortex i heard a high pitched whine and while i was sitting on a couch felt the most real experiance of flying into another demention ..

I entered a seperate multi dementional room by leaving my physical body still in sitting position..

The whining continued as it put me back in my origional room...

Anything is posible with salvia ...but [if tripping alone]..BEWARE..she can be overwhelming on too high a dose causing sleep walking...

And ohh! the foulding of everything! me and everything around me bends ..foulds blooms like a flower...this is the non human experiance...

In another trip..I have also became a salvia plant on one trip of 40x bending and swaying to a gentle breeze [surounded by thousands of other salvia plants all around me somewhere between some mountains on the other side of the world..

Salvia can do almost anything very powerful stuff .

BecometheOther
#29 Posted : 3/2/2015 3:36:37 AM

metamorhpasizer

i voted for "considerable euphoria" because contrary to popular belief salvia can be quite euphoric and even blissful in the correct circumstances. i only use plain leaf from my homegrown plant i think this makes a huge difference. happy travels
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

BecometheOther
#30 Posted : 3/2/2015 4:05:15 AM

metamorhpasizer

i think its worth noting as well that the feeling of euphoria and bliss with salvia for me is a new development. meaning when i first started with this herb there was much more confusion and even negative and delusional feelings. for example i smoked some in the presence of my dog once and was instantly somehow convinced my dog was part of some evil plot against me. upon returning i realised the absurdity of this and promptly flushed all of my salvia. lol. i think what really happened was i was encountering such a powerful and magical force was a shock to me and in my confusionn i attributed it to evil forces and since the dog was present projected it onto him.

it was awhile before i used it again and when i did i had an even more terrifying experience of overdose on 20x which i was ripped into a void of fear also thinking i had died.

i think moreso than any other plant it is important to build a relationship with salvia and do it in the most respectful and calm of environments. over the years ive used it hundreds of times and each time i grow a little closer to the plant. of course theres people who wiill tell you that the ritual and respect and building a relationship is all in your head, but i couldnt disagree more, the difference in my experiences now with leaves from my own plant harvested and cured in a ritual manner, taken after an hour or so of calm reflection and meditation, the difference is night and day compared to what they used to be.

now when i use it i instantly seek the presence of the plant spirit and believe i have her favor during the experience.

also once you are familiar with the space you are less shocked when you arrive there and it is no longer alien but a familiar dreamspace that you enter intentionally.

i believe salvia is without equal with direct shamanic power. my last three experiences i have encountered new vistas of beauty and bliss.

theres more to share about building a relationship with sally and working with it spiritually but that is not the subject of the thread
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Elpo
#31 Posted : 3/2/2015 11:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I've actually found low doses of salvia to be quite euphoric, although it's sort of a weird, warped euphoria. Many times I've taken in some small hits of plain leaf, and not gotten anywhere close to a breakthrough, but rather, entered a sort of strangely dissociated state that is incredibly funny. I don't know how to describe exactly what it is, but it just hits like a train and I'm laughing hysterically because *something* is just so funny and interesting.

This seems to go away at higher doses, though.

I have had the same experience the last few times I smoked dried leaf. The world seems to crumble in a meaninglessness, which is utterly funny. You would think this could have a negative connotation, but it's exactly the opposite...
Also the act of laughing by itself feels so very good, as if everything unpure is breathed out in that moment.

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Metanoia
#32 Posted : 3/5/2015 8:00:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
And the Beings are always all around observing me!
Who are they!!

I have a theory that they may be deciesed relatives and other people in spirit world that knew me in the physical world waiting for me..

And others are ancient people from long ago beings
of energy..

Who are they, indeed Smile You should read J.D. Arthur's book called Doorway to Thought-free Awareness. He postulates about this exact same idea, that Salvia somehow transports us to the realm of the dead. It was one of the best books about the Salvia experience I've read.
http://www.innertraditions.com/isbn/978-1-59477-347-1

starway6 wrote:
And ohh! the foulding of everything! me and everything around me bends ..foulds blooms like a flower...this is the non human experiance...

Yes, exactly this! Smile

BecometheOther wrote:
i think moreso than any other plant it is important to build a relationship with salvia and do it in the most respectful and calm of environments. over the years ive used it hundreds of times and each time i grow a little closer to the plant. of course theres people who wiill tell you that the ritual and respect and building a relationship is all in your head, but i couldnt disagree more, the difference in my experiences now with leaves from my own plant harvested and cured in a ritual manner, taken after an hour or so of calm reflection and meditation, the difference is night and day compared to what they used to be.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. It's absolutely necessary to cultivate a relationship with this plant before you can delve into the real deep waters of the experience. Growing your own plants and having the all-important meditation sessions beforehand go a long way in allowing you to explore much further. Salvia is certainly a plant that demands some serious respect and humility. Part of why I love it so much, perhaps Smile

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Many times I've taken in some small hits of plain leaf, and not gotten anywhere close to a breakthrough, but rather, entered a sort of strangely dissociated state that is incredibly funny. I don't know how to describe exactly what it is, but it just hits like a train and I'm laughing hysterically because *something* is just so funny and interesting.

As Elpo said, it's that realization of the absurdity of our normal everyday perceived reality. Sometimes the natural reaction is to laugh at the absurd. One can only bow to it and accept the hilarity of it all Laughing

OneStepBeyond
#33 Posted : 10/21/2015 2:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can remember a lot of things I experienced on salvia. Euphoria isn't one of them.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

#34 Posted : 10/21/2015 4:00:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

OneStepBeyond wrote:
I can remember a lot of things I experienced on salvia. Euphoria isn't one of them.

Laughing

Chan
#35 Posted : 10/21/2015 5:38:04 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

It's the "lapping of cat tongues" (as Dale Pendell nails it) that always bars the path to any possible euphoria, for me. The subtle, but all-over pressure, the long push on the vast Ferris wheel before I take off, usually into a realm of childhood memories, leaving only pulled skin behind, or that's how it feels at the time. It's fun, but a bit scary, and I can't yet find the way from this space towards anywhere more cerebral and less physical...

A long way down the road, from smoked extracts to home-grown quids, I still always get the feeling that I'm rotating through possible/alternate dimensions, and might not end up in the one I started out from, but I always do...

This is starting to make more sense now that I'm finally writing it out.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

UgraKarma
#36 Posted : 11/21/2015 1:46:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The definition of euphoria put forward by many responses in this thread seems to be closer to that Terence McKenna detailed when describing "ordeal poisons."

Terence McKenna wrote:
What is an ordeal poison? This is a plant where you take it and you are so convinced that you are dying that you have an experience of self-abandonment, getting straight, surrender, and then you live…and you’re fine.

But you are absolutely convinced that you are dying, your heart pounds or fibrillates, or you convulse, or you fall into deep coma, or you have tetanus in the limbs, and then you recover.

Anybody can tell you this is a kind of psychedelic experience because you are so damn glad you lived that you see everything in a new light, you can be kind to your children, and love your wife, and tolerate your relatives.

People say “Well it made a new man out of him!” Well yes because he came to close to dying that he shed neurotic behavior patterns, but this is not a true psychedelic.

Although there are certainly psychedelic properties to the salvia experience, using the word "euphoria" might be dubious here as it seems tangential, and it would be worthwhile to distinguish those who report truly euphoric effects from those who report a sense of profound, humbling relief.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

travsha
#37 Posted : 11/21/2015 1:53:23 AM

Share Love ~

Salvia is extremely euphoric and comforting to me. I dont smoke it though - I only chew it. Chewing is very gentle and comfortable for me and I usually have a lasting euphoria the rest of the day - I rarely feel so fulfilled with life as I do after a Salvia quid.

Nothing about chewed Salvia is like ordeal poisons to me... I usually experience interesting body sensations, deep relaxation, and a voice talking with me. Maybe but not always some interesting visions. I would say deep relaxation, insight and lasting euphoria are the most noticeable characteristics of a Salvia quid for me.

UgraKarma
#38 Posted : 11/21/2015 5:51:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

trashva - I've definitely noted both yourself and other poster's describing euphoria as I understand it (in the way morphine is euphoric, for example.) Interestingly, most of this camp seems to prefer sublingual ingestion.

If you re-read the replies in this thread you will see that many/most 'euphoric' replies articulate the user's relief at the end of their disassociation as euphoria, and in that sense I would not qualify those users' experiences as having the qualities of a euphoric drug but instead the mind's tendency to reward the ending of a dysphoric action (in this case, the return to familiarity/material world.)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

UgraKarma
#39 Posted : 11/21/2015 6:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:

So do I feel euphoric? No, not really but I feel a profound stillness and a sense of being reborn, anew. Is it merely a semantically differentiated classification to each of us as individuals, based on our own personal understanding of 'euphoria'? I don't know... but it's not same euphoric state of mind as with post-peaking states of reemergence, with Spice, P. mushrooms, Mesc, Acid or Ecstasy. I would clearly label them all as states of transcendent bliss or even Nirvana. Salvia has it's own vibe, a unique language and it's own kind of Salvia Enlightenment. Right? Wink

Peace, love & light

Somehow I'd skipped this notion in my first review of the thread, and points to something similar to what I'm getting on about, albeit at the other side of detailing its effects (Ordeal and Nirvana being different ends of a pole starts to make sense to me.)

rOm
#40 Posted : 11/21/2015 3:29:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, the answer is yes and no.
It isn't the typical euphoria one finds while using opiates or MDMA.
Smoking it may feel even disphoric until you're released and feel cheerful to be back after this quantic chaos..
Now I had feeling mostly euphoria when smoking plain leaf bowl everyday ( also at time I was using salvia d. To help giving up too frequent usage of ketamine ). And it helped tremendously in this purpose.
I moved to sublingual tincture which I found first more user friendly and at time very holy happy mood.
But not every time, especially the last few times I used ethanolic tincture ( wasn't using SD often then ).
More recently, I got to try daily microdose of an oil based tincture. So sublingual and oral daily morning doses.
This was very pleasant. Very energizing and highly euphoric but most of the days I used kratom leaves too So there was some possible synergy that pushed salvia euphoria to another level.
In short, in my various experiences, I found more euphoria when using daily, maybe also to work with the plant on a daily basis ( to achieve goal such as quitting a habit, improving ones focus, mood and stamina ).
It is not a push button and nothing is certain with it as long as effects goes.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

PREV123NEXT