We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Death by... um... cannabis? Options

Ufostrahlen
#21 Posted : 2/26/2014 10:12:44 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Entheogenerator wrote:

Drug screens can detect even the most novel of synthetic cannabinoids, but it is extremely rare that they do unless they are specifically looking for them.

Yes, I was a bit unclear there. If you look at working methods from another German Institute of Legal Medicine, the current best practice is to look at 38 synthetic cannabinoids.

Quote:

Trapping ‘Spice’: a comprehensive, automated LC-ion trap-MS screening approach for the detect
ion of currently 38 synthetic cannabinoids in serum
http://www.gtfch.org/cms.../tk80_4/HuppertzEtAl.pdf

5F-PB-22 & 5-F-AKB48 aren't in the list. What I mean is: how comprehensive were the drug screens in the 2 cases? The paper doesn't tell.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#22 Posted : 2/26/2014 5:06:41 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Entheogenerator wrote:

Drug screens can detect even the most novel of synthetic cannabinoids, but it is extremely rare that they do unless they are specifically looking for them.

Yes, I was a bit unclear there. If you look at working methods from another German Institute of Legal Medicine, the current best practice is to look at 38 synthetic cannabinoids.

Quote:

Trapping ‘Spice’: a comprehensive, automated LC-ion trap-MS screening approach for the detect
ion of currently 38 synthetic cannabinoids in serum
http://www.gtfch.org/cms.../tk80_4/HuppertzEtAl.pdf

5F-PB-22 & 5-F-AKB48 aren't in the list. What I mean is: how comprehensive were the drug screens in the 2 cases? The paper doesn't tell.

Mass spectrometry will detect almost every drug, be it available to us 10,000 years ago or just today. But the issue with mass spec is not just to detect it (think of us here in the nexus trying to identify chemicals in mhrb or acacia species...yes we do), but also to identify it. To do the latter in a legally-accepted way, you need a reference sample. Yet, even without a reference sample you can speculate (sometimes with uncanny accuracy) what this weird, unnamed compound present in a person may be.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Ufostrahlen
#23 Posted : 2/26/2014 5:43:02 PM

Quote:

Mass spectrometry will detect almost every drug, be it available to us 10,000 years ago or just today. But the issue with mass spec is not just to detect it (think of us here in the nexus trying to identify chemicals in mhrb or acacia species...yes we do), but also to identify it. To do the latter in a legally-accepted way, you need a reference sample. Yet, even without a reference sample you can speculate (sometimes with uncanny accuracy) what this weird, unnamed compound present in a person may be.

So you would rule out laced weed and/or a novel research chemical, that isn't in the MS spectra library? Or maybe masked by THC or its metabolites?
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 2/27/2014 9:47:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Via http://disinfo.com/2014/...s-cannabis-cause-death/:
“She suffered from depression and was on prescription drugs to try and deal with that although it would not appear she was taking them at the time of her death.”
And presumably, in common with many UK cannabis smokers, her joint was rolled with tobacco.

"Dr Kudair Hussein, a pathologist, told the inquest in Bournemouth, that there were moderate to heavy levels of cannabinoids in her blood." - which "cannabinoids" does he mean ?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kash
#25 Posted : 2/28/2014 2:58:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Via http://disinfo.com/2014/...s-cannabis-cause-death/:
“She suffered from depression and was on prescription drugs to try and deal with that although it would not appear she was taking them at the time of her death.”

My bet is on the pharmacueticals being the real culprit. Load of bollocks.

Its unbelievable what drug companies can pass off as medication to the public... I swear I hear commercials for new pills like..."Do you have problems going to bed and then waking up the next day? HOOOHO well, then try our pill! In clinical trials only 1% of our candidates started peeing blood. Further, in severe cases some patients may experience yellowing of skin and eyes, liver failure, cardiac arrest, or actually worsening your symptoms. But please, take our pill!" Lol seriously?
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Ufostrahlen
#26 Posted : 2/28/2014 8:31:05 AM

Thx Ganjaman for the hint!

Here we have the Head of Legal Medicine at the Charité in Berlin, Michael Tsokos on the particular case study:

Quote:

"Cannabis as a cause of death is a diagnosis out of embarrassment"

Do the detailed results of the postmortem examination of the two men now document that they've died because of hash? "The individual diagnostic findings do not support this," says the Head of Legal Medicine at the Charité in Berlin, Michael Tsokos. He looked at the case study from Düsseldorf. "They show that the 23-year-old deceased had a grave cardiac precondition. Had he not coincidentally smoked cannabis the day before his death, a connection with his death would not have been made​​." What about the 28-year-old? "Once in a while we have cases in which the cause of death is unclear. To suspect cannabis as a cause is a diagnosis out of embarrassment to me." For Tsokos it is clear: "This is about coincidence, not causality."

"Cannabis als Todesursache ist eine Verlegenheitsdiagnose"

Belegen die ausführlichen Obduktionsergebnisse der beiden Männer nun, dass sie am Hasch starben? "Die einzelnen Befunde stützen das nicht", sagt der Leiter der Rechtsmedizin an der Berliner Charité, Michael Tsokos. Er hat sich die Fallstudie aus Düsseldorf angeschaut. "Aus ihnen geht hervor, dass der 23-jährige Verstorbene schwer am Herzen vorerkrankt war. Hätte er nicht zufällig am Tag vor seinem Tod Cannabis geraucht, wäre ein Zusammenhang mit seinem Tod gar nicht hergestellt worden." Was ist mit dem 28-Jährigen? "Fälle, in denen die Todesursache unklar ist, haben wir vereinzelt immer wieder. Cannabis als Ursache zu vermuten, ist für mich eine Verlegenheitsdiagnose." Für Tsokos ist klar: "Hier geht es um Koinzidenz und nicht um Kausalität."

http://www.zeit.de/wisse...-marihuana-rechtsmedizin

Thx zeit.de¹ & Michael Tsokos² for not engaging in disinformation.

¹ Die Zeit (German pronunciation: [diː ˈtsaɪt], literally "The Time" or "Times" ) is a German national weekly newspaper well-regarded for its journalistic quality. - Wikipedia
² Professor for Legal Medicine at one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institution. - German & English Wikipedia

And another Professor of Legal Medicine, Frank Mußhoff:

Quote:

[..] Ultimately of these 15, only the two men remained, who now haunt the media as first alleged cannabis fatalities.

Many bystanding forensic researchers deem the assumption, however, indefensible. "Since the analyses showed nothing else, Hartung and his team zeroed in on cannabis" says Frank Mußhoff of the Forensic Toxicology Center Munich. "But this is no evidence, only an explanation at the most."

[..] Letztlich blieben von diesen 15 nur die zwei Männer, die nun als erste vermeintliche Cannabistote durch die Medien geistern.

Viele außenstehende Forensiker halten die These jedoch für unhaltbar. "Da nach den Analysen nichts anderes mehr auftauchte, haben sich Hartung und sein Team auf Cannabis verstiegen", sagt etwa Frank Mußhoff vom Forensisch Toxikoloischen Centrum München. "Das ist aber kein Beweis, höchstens eine Erklärung."

http://www.zeit.de/wisse...-marihuana-rechtsmedizin

geeg30
#27 Posted : 3/4/2015 7:51:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You might have a chance of dying from cannabis if you trip over a big bag of it at the top of a set of stairs.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 3/4/2015 9:15:29 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mental note to self: don't leave that huge sack of weed at the top of the stairs...

However (slightly) more recently someone came up with this:

Quote:
1.8% of all cannabis‐related reports (35/1979) were cardiovascular complications, with patients being mostly men (85.7%) and of an average age of 34.3 years. There were 22 cardiac complications (20 acute coronary syndromes), 10 peripheral complications (lower limb or juvenile arteriopathies and Buerger‐like diseases), and 3 cerebral complications (acute cerebral angiopathy, transient cortical blindness, and spasm of cerebral artery). In 9 cases, the event led to patient death.

Quote:
Δ9‐tetra‐Hydrocannabinol (THC) was detected in each. In 10 cases, THC was the only substance found for which the patient was positive. In 2 cases, THC and alcohol were found together but autopsy report dismissed alcohol in 1 of these cases, explaining this was most probably the result of post‐mortem gastric fermentation. In 1 case, THC was associated with alcohol, opiates, morphine, salicylates, and phenothiazine

Although there is only passing mention of of synthetic cannabinoids, it is vague and does not suggest there was any screening for them in the medical cases reviewed for this study:
Quote:
there are reports in the literature of myocardial infarction in adolescents who had used the synthetic cannabinoid K2, the effects of which being reported as cannabis‐like after smoking.

They also fail to address the issue of smoking in itself being a major contributing factor to cardiovascular disease. Something for all the pot smokers to consider...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pitubo
#29 Posted : 3/4/2015 12:45:03 PM

dysfunctional word machine

geeg30 wrote:
You might have a chance of dying from cannabis if you trip over a big bag of it at the top of a set of stairs.

I was told that a lethal dose of cannabis is 5 kilos, from the 6th floor straight onto the head.

Orion
#30 Posted : 3/4/2015 5:08:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
geeg30 wrote:

I was told that a lethal dose of cannabis is 5 kilos, from the 6th floor straight onto the head.

Very happy
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

hug46
#31 Posted : 3/4/2015 6:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
geeg30 wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co....s-trafficking-chase.html

PREV12