We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
maybe i'm not posting right? i'm unsure how to start.. Options

aruse
#1 Posted : 3/3/2015 8:19:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Research first i say. Before going into the woods think about why. i could just start "experimenting" but i wonder is it worth my effort to track down mhrb, it is hard, sold out everywhere, or can Chali be just as good? I liked the viridis i had but it's a bit expensive, and inconsistent potency i hear. But maybe it's all inconsistent? there must be some patterns?? i thought barks would be less so but i just heard acacia may be more potent in the spring/summer. Which brings me to vendors, how do i even know who are good people, let alone product quality (just an example, im not asking). I want to grow too, as i see these plants likely (if they can) being controlled more.
I have experience growing pot and potency can be effected by many factors. There doesn't seem to be as much strain variety with this new thing, a few entirely different plants though. Hypothetically, if i bought a sad little plant from someone, assuming it is what it says, can i nurse it into a top notch producer? I guess plants will still have genetics that effect size and stress resistance, etc.
How can i help?
Thanks in advance for yours Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PH0Man
#2 Posted : 3/4/2015 4:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my limited experience, trying to grow the plants is generally a waste of time. They tale years to reach maturity in most cases, and require various hard to reproduce conditions to grow successfully. I REMOVED, and wasn't disappointed (REMOVED).

P.S. Your post can sometimes be a little hard to follow Smile

aruse
#3 Posted : 3/4/2015 4:50:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh, thanks PHOMan.
I guess i can ramble on, especially when i think no one is listening, long time alone. I thought maybe my questions where redundant or there was something wrong... I just really found the FAQ, it's excellent, the wiki is better, but I still like to ask questions (even 'dumb' ones) can give me a sense who i'm dealing with by how they reply. And, i didn't really think any, yet, where "dumb."

Appreciated! I will try to simplify. Oops, went too long again, i'm just so excited to maybe be able to talk to someone about this stuff!

wishit
#4 Posted : 3/4/2015 8:25:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello there!
Don't worry, there's no such thing as a dumb question. Not really. Ok, there this but it doesn't matter.
It is always better to ask a "stupid" question than make a stupid mistake.
Welcome to the Nexus! Just wanted to say hello.
As fas as your question goes, as a non-American I can't really give you a solid answer in regards to the accessibility of mhrb in your home place, or the legality.
I have noticed that a lot of the American folk here use Acacia Confusa. Take from that what you will. Maybe it's easier to come by, I don't know.
Btw, check out the chatroom from time to time. It's great fun and filled with some awesome people.

Peace

Tryptallmine
#5 Posted : 3/4/2015 9:19:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aruse wrote:
Research first i say. Before going into the woods think about why. i could just start "experimenting" but i wonder is it worth my effort to track down mhrb, it is hard, sold out everywhere, or can Chali be just as good? I liked the viridis i had but it's a bit expensive, and inconsistent potency i hear. But maybe it's all inconsistent? there must be some patterns?? i thought barks would be less so but i just heard acacia may be more potent in the spring/summer. Which brings me to vendors, how do i even know who are good people, let alone product quality (just an example, im not asking). I want to grow too, as i see these plants likely (if they can) being controlled more.
I have experience growing pot and potency can be effected by many factors. There doesn't seem to be as much strain variety with this new thing, a few entirely different plants though. Hypothetically, if i bought a sad little plant from someone, assuming it is what it says, can i nurse it into a top notch producer? I guess plants will still have genetics that effect size and stress resistance, etc.
How can i help?
Thanks in advance for yours Smile

Jump online to a reputable ethno botanical seed supplier and choose some of the acacia varieties. They are pretty quick growing. I have 3 A.Maidenii, 3 A.Obtusifolia, 2 A.Confusa and a couple of M.Tenuiflora (hostilis) growing and I can say without a doubt that the Acacia grows quite quickly comparatively.

Now when I say quickly, I mean somewhere around the 3 foot per year. They don't tend to grow much past about 1m stuck in pots. They are trees and need solid earth to flourish.

They don't really have much of an alkaloid profile from what I can gather within the first year. I tried cutting 25g of phyllodes and small branches off one and got lovely yellow/orange oils that were pleasant to vaporizer but not overly potent. I'm sure if I tried this year I'd probably be able to get a little orange spice but I'm not in any rush.

There's something special about a nice orange full spectrum acacia extract, seems to launch
me harder than refined extractions every time.

The problem I have is that now I've grown such beautiful plants, the last thing I want to do is destroy them for DMT. I highly doubt that you are ever going to have problems with Acacia being controlled. Plant preparations such as powdered bark would be sure, But live plants and the like, well there's an argument there.

I say get some seeds, germinate them in a shot glass and cotton wool like you did as a kid in a propagation tray. Then into a greenhouse for the cooler months and as it warms up and they take off, up size your pots through the adolescent phase then into some rich soil.

Going hunting in the forests can be a little tricky too I think. If you do come across an active genus. Please don't cut up the root system of the tree or ring bark it. I've done many successful extractions with twigs, leaves, small branches etc. It just requires a little more material to get you there.

50-100g of Acacia Confusa would serve you just as well as MHRB would. 100g of ACRB yielded me around 2.3g of fluffy white spice not a week ago.

aruse
#6 Posted : 3/5/2015 1:07:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, thank you. Good tips. I especially appreciate your opinion of ACRB, "There's something special about a nice orange full spectrum acacia extract, seems to launch
me harder than refined extractions every time." Could you please clarify a little a full spectrum extract and a refined one? is it just a matter of cleaning it after to get more "spice" and less other stuff.. Like pot,? it's all different and that's what makes it more interesting! I'm sure there is a lot of stuff in there we dont know about that contributes.

I know it is hard to compare different teks and different plants and different molecules, but there are differences even if they are subjective and a lot of important things are hard to describe but no less real. ..I want to compare spice to psilocybe which i have experience with, i'm sure they're different but my gut says similar. Anyway, i will wait, i've only made the spice work for me once yet.

I wasn't actually going "into the woods," i meant it more as a metaphor for exploration. I very interested in consciousness, whatever that is. And i do want to grow but mainly to have plants i can relate with better for my beautiful little indoor (and outdoor someday) gardens. I will likely not harvest them unless i get so good at growing.

Hopefully they will not be controlled, hopefully soon someone like a psychiatrist will be able to prescribe "spice." I will not hold my breath for this and because of what i've seen i know this can help people, but i also know that this is strong medicine and like anything powerful can cause change. Change is scary to many people. I love it that mhrb sounds like quite the weed! just like pot or psilocybe. Pot does take skills to grow but they all grow easy on there own and seem to like being around people. I am surprised you can still get mushroom kits online. Glad but.. I hope people are using responsibly.

I do see that ACRB, MHRB, and Chali are about the same potency. It seems from my reading that MHRB is maybe more consistent potency though? I'm sure they are all a little different and i wonder how but that may be hard to describe, though i am interested in this! But more practically, i'm interested in getting a taste and finding a good supply.

Is there seasons for these things? I hear viridis varies throughout the day, making it hard to predict. But like, i just heard that acrb may be more potent in spring and summer.? This would help me have some idea what to get. Otherwise, im wondering about starting quality and the quality of my skills to process.

Thanks again! sorry for length..

aruse
#7 Posted : 3/5/2015 1:13:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a question that came up last night while reading different Teks. Why does the "Easy Caapi Vine Alkaloid Extraction Guide" say to start with a cook of 4x 30 min to make a tea before extracting, but most ayahuasca brews take much longer? is this because the aya gets more of the other stuff? wouldn't i be able to make good aya then in 2 hours instead of 9?

aruse
#8 Posted : 3/5/2015 1:17:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why i'm resisting extracting with chemicals, it's really the amount of vomit and sick feeling that is making me wish for better. The teks so far don't really sound so hard but i see lots more variables i might mess up compared to making tea, though that only worked once there isn't too many things i could do different. i think. I want to ask for a good beginner tek but i fear this too is hugely subjective.

Tryptallmine
#9 Posted : 3/5/2015 2:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aruse wrote:
Thank you, thank you. Good tips. I especially appreciate your opinion of ACRB, "There's something special about a nice orange full spectrum acacia extract, seems to launch
me harder than refined extractions every time." Could you please clarify a little a full spectrum extract and a refined one? is it just a matter of cleaning it after to get more "spice" and less other stuff.. Like pot,? it's all different and that's what makes it more interesting! I'm sure there is a lot of stuff in there we dont know about that contributes.

I know it is hard to compare different teks and different plants and different molecules, but there are differences even if they are subjective and a lot of important things are hard to describe but no less real. ..I want to compare spice to psilocybe which i have experience with, i'm sure they're different but my gut says similar. Anyway, i will wait, i've only made the spice work for me once yet.

I wasn't actually going "into the woods," i meant it more as a metaphor for exploration. I very interested in consciousness, whatever that is. And i do want to grow but mainly to have plants i can relate with better for my beautiful little indoor (and outdoor someday) gardens. I will likely not harvest them unless i get so good at growing.

Hopefully they will not be controlled, hopefully soon someone like a psychiatrist will be able to prescribe "spice." I will not hold my breath for this and because of what i've seen i know this can help people, but i also know that this is strong medicine and like anything powerful can cause change. Change is scary to many people. I love it that mhrb sounds like quite the weed! just like pot or psilocybe. Pot does take skills to grow but they all grow easy on there own and seem to like being around people. I am surprised you can still get mushroom kits online. Glad but.. I hope people are using responsibly.

I do see that ACRB, MHRB, and Chali are about the same potency. It seems from my reading that MHRB is maybe more consistent potency though? I'm sure they are all a little different and i wonder how but that may be hard to describe, though i am interested in this! But more practically, i'm interested in getting a taste and finding a good supply.

Is there seasons for these things? I hear viridis varies throughout the day, making it hard to predict. But like, i just heard that acrb may be more potent in spring and summer.? This would help me have some idea what to get. Otherwise, im wondering about starting quality and the quality of my skills to process.

Thanks again! sorry for length..

The refinement or cleaning is just the process of removing impurities from the product. Excess NaOH or other plant alkaloids, fats and oils. A full spectrum extract would be something that still has a lot of the other plant compounds/alkaloids in it and is more of a crude extraction. Various solvents are more selective than others in the alkaloids they will pull from an extraction.

The DMT I've recently extracted from A.Confusa has been a really pure white crystalline result. After recrystallization It's very smooth with no harshness to smoke if you do so on a bed of non active herbs, or even caapi/passiflora leaves.

Some of the less than refined full spectrum orange color extractions that have been verging on what some would consider jungle spice, seem to have a much better effect on me personally. Not to insinuate that an orange extract is impure, it's not, it was just likely extracted with a little more heat. But I've had some seriously good times with it and I don't think it should be written off in favor of white colored spice.

As for differences between ACRB and MHRB, well there's bound to be trace amounts of other compounds present but at the end of the day DMT is what Is going to alter your perception

I think the Acacia Sp are every bit as reliable and consistent as Mimosa having done several extractions from both. Generally speaking I've think the acacia yields have been superior to anything I've extracted with Mimosa. Pretty much smack on 2% yield most times.

In comparing DMT to Psilocybin/Psilocin. It's a hard one. I think the DMT experience cuts across over into the 4-AcO-DMT (O-Acetylpsilocin) a little more so, but only in terms of some of the visuals which felt very familiar. The 'breathing' and movement of objects like carpet, grass and other organic matter is very similar at a sub breakthrough dose of DMT. There are other similarities in visuals that I can perceive, I just can't put them into words. The head space and emotional states are considerably different though.

As for seasonal viability of plants, I'm only just beginning to learn about the various species myself and have always just accepted whatever nature has given me at the time.

aruse
#10 Posted : 3/5/2015 3:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great info, Thanks Tryptallmine! I see you've been here a while, when do we get to be real members anyway? I am glad to be a member though with the access i do have, c'est la vie.

Less harsh sounds great! How might i find out which chemicals pull more selectively than others?

So that's what jungle spice is, a crude method? That sounds for me! i'll look it up.

Yes i guess it is the DMT that does the work but, is it like THC that has so many other characteristics from strain to strain?

Here goes a ramble...

So like, psilocybin, there is a significant difference between cubensis, blue ringers, cyanecens, and liberty caps, besides potency. Though they are all similar. I appreciate your trying to compare for me anyway because now that i think about it it is subtle.

I am reading some now that says shrooms are much muddier as far as getting insights i think, which is the first thing i noticed about my viridis experience, so clear! it was almost like i wasn't even high, kinda, lol. At high doses it takes a lot of concentration to direct the experience but i guess this will be similar but different to dmt. I noticed on viridis while i was writing notes my spelling in my head got messed up, then i watched the letter i was trying to write disintegrate into a pile lines on the page and then i had no idea what i was trying to think of. On both it is very hard to "think," feeling is a clue. Cyanecens are much more visual (of shrooms) and i have heard this multiple times, these have been the only ones that my imagination has come to life before my eyes, although it was subtle and more like morphing, i have seen random things appear once, and i can often make subtle images appear, kinda like ghosts with some effort. But visuals are a side effect and i don't usually get much of them. Also with cyancens there can be slight paralysis, which seems to coincide with mental states rather than a poison in the shroom. This also is hardly note worthy as it happens rarely. I guess, what i'm saying, vaguely, cyanecens seem to me to be much more energetic and i've gone quite deep with them. Liberty caps are the only other i can really compare for potency and though i have had them a bunch of times i can't really say yet, i try to be slow to make judgements, but i think these can go quite deep too. And liberty's so far are much less visual, i would call them more intense but this could be due to potency. But all that said, Cubes and ringers can definitely get you "there." There is just harder to explain. Maybe that is part of it, because last time i did cyanecens, (october) i was definitely in a different place, usually it just morphs and i feel funny and i understand stuff better, or rather, i felt "it is all ok." It was strong that last one! And maybe similar to dmt, I was in a totally different place! and yet, i have done this too with cubes but i think i was less aware, maybe it happened more gradually, but i died once- where i was actually able to give in to it and say ok now what? it was scary! but so neat. i'm trying to get back there. i think i almost died on cyanecens last time but i kept fighting to make sense of it rather than relax. I can't imagine being in a totally different place more than thinking you died. So in that way i really wonder if DMT will be similar?

Ringers- i think of as weeds cause they grow in many people's lawns and they taste like it.

Cubes- are generally much better tasting and maybe more similar effects, though i just learned there are many cubes!

Cyanecens- are more visual and energetic? ..could just be the intensity of their potency though, and the're most fun and insightful, lol. But i am hugely biased here and it is hard to separate what else is really different.

Libirty caps- i'm still deciding but seem a bit more intense and more digital? (towards the hard squarish lines of lsd).

So maybe what i'm doing is too subjective to make big statements but i wonder if there are tendencies that dmt might have as well?

Ok? make sense, at all? Maybe i shouldn't ask this anymore, lol. But, I wonder why i don't hear about chali more? am i looking in the wrong places or is it as "dark" as i've read, "occult" or something etc etc. I was hoping for flavors like pot. Cause, i got this new green card.. !! and it's so cool!!!

aruse
#11 Posted : 3/5/2015 4:10:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This paragraph helps much:

In comparing DMT to Psilocybin/Psilocin. It's a hard one. I think the DMT experience cuts across over into the 4-AcO-DMT (O-Acetylpsilocin) a little more so, but only in terms of some of the visuals which felt very familiar. The 'breathing' and movement of objects like carpet, grass and other organic matter is very similar at a sub breakthrough dose of DMT. There are other similarities in visuals that I can perceive, I just can't put them into words. The head space and emotional states are considerably different though.

As for seasonal viability of plants, I'm only just beginning to learn about the various species myself and have always just accepted whatever nature has given me at the time.

This last paragraph: i still might wonder if you noticed with different batches of supplies over time?

Though it's a hassle, is it necessary to test a new vendor or their new supply before big buys?
(Can i ask that about buying?? I could take out "vendor" and make this more of a general life question like, "no, apples at safeway are not necessarily the same batch as at fred meyer, even if they're both fuji's." When apples are in season they could be cheaper but they are also fresher tasting and keep longer! And i know my grocery store, i don't know fruit x but generally they have good stuff so this is probably about what a decent fruit x tastes like. It's vague in several ways, but some, most? of this can be discussed in a respectful manner, no? It is nice if we can be as specific as possible most of the time...

Tryptallmine
#12 Posted : 3/5/2015 5:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you're off to the wrong start here. You might want to take some time to acquaint yourself with the rules here at the nexus. I'd say that a vast majority of people here have sat, read and researched quite heavily and have gone about extracting their own DMT. No one here is going to happily advise you about buying, vendors or where to get x,y,z.

Discussion regarding selling, buying, acquiring drugs aren't really tolerated well.
If you're talking about plants, then I apologies in advance.

aruse
#13 Posted : 3/5/2015 5:36:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok. this is becoming crystal clear very quickly. i shall read the attitudes page once again...
Thanks

aruse
#14 Posted : 3/5/2015 5:54:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm not asking about vendors i'm asking about people. And i'm not asking about people in particular either. I don't know why i'm coming across so confusing. It's ok though, i get that a lot. Back to the books then, or the "attitudes" page for today! then more teks.

Tryptallmine
#15 Posted : 3/5/2015 10:28:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aruse wrote:
i'm not asking about vendors i'm asking about people. And i'm not asking about people in particular either. I don't know why i'm coming across so confusing. It's ok though, i get that a lot. Back to the books then, or the "attitudes" page for today! then more teks.

Don't stress mate, it's all good. I've found everyone here to be more than helpful when asking questions. Sorry for coming off so abruptly.