We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Where's the missing 0.8g? Options

MachineElf88
#1 Posted : 3/4/2015 12:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so my latest extraction yielded 2.4g from 300g mhrb. I do a re X on it and I'm left with ~1g of pale yellow crystals and ~0.6 of yellow gunk. Where's the other 0.8? I can't figure it out.

The re X was done as follows from the advice of DeltaSpice -

"Take 20ml Hexane (+ 5ml for the Queen) for each gram of spice.

Pour boiling water into a baking tray , let it cool for a few mins, too hot will pull negative material. I think its about 70 degrees you want.

Place the Hexane in a beaker, standing in the warm water and place the spice in a beaker next to the Hexane.

Take a mini eye dropper thingy, start adding drops of warm Hexane to the spice whilst mixing. As if you want to make milk from powdered milk without any lumps.

Eventually add all the Hexane.

After mixing let it sit for a 5 mins. Take it out of the baking tray and leave for 10 more mins at room temp.

You can leave it to see if all the yellow falls out but some times that doesn't work, I wait 10 mins.

Slowly pour the top layer of Hexane into a glass baking tray. (the yellow slag will sit at the bottom of the beaker)

Leave to cool down to room temp, then into the fridge for a while then into the freezer overnight. I skip the fridge part.

The yellow slag holds untold spice so save it and after a few extractions and washes you can wash the slag.
Hope this helps.

"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

concombres
#2 Posted : 3/4/2015 1:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stop 2.4g is FAR less than you should get from 300g mhrb.
At 2% you should be near 6g. There has to be more in there.

If you let the yellow dry you'll notice any whiteness or lumps of remaining spice in it.
Whats always worked for me was put 1g dmt in a shotglass, add 25ml solvent.

Bring water up to 100°f (~38°c) on the stove. Take the pot off & turn off the flame, sit your shotglass in the water & stir lightly. The dmt slowly dissolves leaving a boogery mess behind. Can take a couple minutes for it to start heating up enough to work well.
You may have to keep re-heating the water & putting the shotglass back in. I usually get ~ 3/4 the spice back nice & white after the first time. Then go back 2x with 10ml solvent & get the rest.

MachineElf88
#3 Posted : 3/4/2015 3:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the yield is low, I always seem to get low yields from an A/B but I'm working on it.

But the question is where has that 0.8 gone. I've weighed both the spice and the gunk and it comes to 1.6g. 0.8g has gone missing. I can only think that it must be still in the solvent. That's the only place it can be I guess.

I left it out for a few hours, put it in fridge for a few hours then in freezer overnight.

concombres
#4 Posted : 3/4/2015 4:42:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MachineElf88 wrote:
I know the yield is low, I always seem to get low yields from an A/B but I'm working on it.

But the question is where has that 0.8 gone. I've weighed both the spice and the gunk and it comes to 1.6g. 0.8g has gone missing. I can only think that it must be still in the solvent. That's the only place it can be I guess.

I left it out for a few hours, put it in fridge for a few hours then in freezer overnight.

Forget the a/b & go for cybs tek + cleanup. Much simpler & higher yeilding.

as for that missing 0.8, are you absolutely sure your spice was 110% dry & free of solvent traces?
Dmt does not just dissappear & if it is not in the solvent, not caught up im corners of a dish, & not in the final yeild or the goo from re-x, than there is something going on.

1ce
#5 Posted : 3/5/2015 3:03:52 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Could it be the underpants gnomes?

concombres
#6 Posted : 3/5/2015 3:33:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Could it be the underpants gnomes?

Shocked what are they stealing hyperspace underpants now too?

MachineElf88
#7 Posted : 3/5/2015 11:28:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha, 1ce I do believe you're referring to my limerick?

concombres
#8 Posted : 3/5/2015 1:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MachineElf88 wrote:
haha, 1ce I do believe you're referring to my limerick?

Love synchronicity.
I was just watching a southpark episode where they had gnomes stealing underpants & then you mention your limerick & i see mention of gnomes & pants being pulled down Laughing

1ce
#9 Posted : 3/5/2015 8:02:01 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

I was referring to the southpark gnomes Pleased

I guess I'll give this guy a serious answer.

1 you've misplaced it (in a solvent perhaps)
2 you measured wet spice
3 your scale is a piece of crap (a 10$ scale won't do)
4 you measured impurities

Protip:

Look up the specific gravity of your solvent, let's say heptane. Which is .168g/cc

So, you weigh out 40ml to dissolve 2g DMT. Does your 40ml weigh .168x40? It's pretty close? Okay, great. Now measure your DMT. 2g? Okay, good. lookup DMT solubility in n-heptane. Let's suppose it's exactly 1g per 20ml. So your 40ml solvent should weigh 2g more than the last time you weighed it. If it does not, record your loss.

After freeze precip, measure and weigh your solvent. Let's say you evap and have 10ml left. We know 10ml should weigh 1.68g. If your 10 ml weighs 2.48g, CONGRATULATIONS! You've found your missing .8g!

Moral of the story:

We're not psychic, all we can do is give suggestions. Unless you double check your work and calculate density then these things will happen...