We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thoughts on salvia reverse tolerence, and first salvia level 3 trip Options

Wyald
#1 Posted : 3/2/2015 7:39:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, first of forgive me for any misspelling, i am currently still in a mild meditation state.

Now! to start, i believe more research needs to be done on salvia's reverse tolerence. This is just a small trip report (and a very un-scientific one at that).

I started by packing approximately .25mg of plain salvia leaf from my supply i purchased a while ago. I continuously burn the material with the lighter as i finish the bowl in one go. Hold for 20 seconds.
Aaaand exhale.
I put the small bong and lighter down and sit with my legs crossed, close my eyes, and meditate.
After i come down, i think about my experience. Now keep in mind i dont have very much of that.
This session was probably about a level two.

After being done and basking the the salvia's afterglow, i'm already packing another bowl.
I have read that salvia has a reverse tolerence which i have experienced to some extent, but only by smoking a couple days after a previous sesh and feeling slightly more wonky than usual (ive only been to level 2).

As i eagerly wait to come fully down i ponder what the effects will be. Will they be stronger. The same. Or maybe none at all.

Once i am sufficiently sober i fire up the second bong load. Same routine. All in one hit. Continuous flame. Hold for 20 seconds. Exhale.
This time i can feel that it is and will be a stronger experience.
It hits me faster and continues to rise.
This time im at where the peak was of the last one but continuing to rise before i could even sit down.

It was difficult to decide where to set the bong and lighter. After going through a struggle and deciding i finally sit down, close my eyes and start to meditate.
I've reached level 3.
When my eyes where closed i was somewhere else. Not really a different world but similar. It was incredibly strange. the only way i can describe it is at a circus, thats how my brain was processing what was happening.
and instead of rides everything was different animals, one thing i remember was the feeling of being "apart" of the hooves of a zebra as it ran. ( also there was a whole herd of zebra not just one). I could feel my self going up and down, up and down.

There where a bunch of things like this, feelings of going around and around, twirling, and other movements. the whole time instead of as if i was in the seat of a carnival ride, i was on a different part of a giant animal, or rather i was very tiny. and the only things that existed where me and the animal/animals.

I started to come down but continued to meditate as to get the full experience. As i finish this i am now completely sober. The main point of this was to encourage the exploration ov salvia's reverse potency. I hope you all find this interesting and may to experiments on your own. If anyone has an experience similar to this please share.

Have a good day!Big grin
Open your mind and expand your conscious.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mandelbulb
#2 Posted : 3/4/2015 3:37:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can’t really comment on the reverse tolerance of salvia, as I have been very sensitive to its effects from the beginning. What I do notice is that consecutive trips, immediately after the comedown of the first, do seem stronger. However I find the salvia effects are very dose dependent. I do not use a scale to measure the exact amount of extract I use, so I could possibly just be using more the second time.

I do find the different levels very interesting. Like you, I find lower level salvia trips to be very meditative! They are great for working out issues and gaining insights.

The intense breakthrough experiences can be overwhelming and frightening. There may be knowledge to gain from these experiences, but to me the beauty of this plant is found at the lower levels. It’s a shame when people reach those frightening levels their first time. They may develop a fear of salvia because of this and never use it again.
All Posts by Mandelbulb are fabricated stories for entertainment purposes only.

Wyald
#3 Posted : 3/8/2015 7:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally agree! All my friends who want to try it, i cant stress enough to go slow and let it teach you instead of trying to "use" it. I see it as more of taking a hold of you and using your body to teach yourself things, and you shouldn't fight it.
Open your mind and expand your conscious.

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 3/8/2015 11:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reverse tolerance is a very real thing Very happy After smoking Salvia regularly for a number of years, I don't really require extracts to breakthrough. One good bong hit of plain leaf will send me very deep for up to twenty minutes sometimes.

I agree there needs to be more research into this mechanism. It feels to me as if you "learn" to trip with Salvia the more you experience the state it produces. Some kind of learned response. It could be that it does actually change your brain chemistry permanently, or alter some pathways...I just speculate about this kind of thing because I am certainly not a neuroscientist Wink