We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Should I strain my bark after completing my acid boils? Options

biochem6
#1 Posted : 3/3/2015 1:30:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After completing 3-4 acid boils of at least an hour a piece, on Acacia bark, would I see an increase in yield if I did my pulls with the bark in the container? I've always strained my bark after the acid boils as to avoid emulsions when pulling but if it would significantly increase my yield I would work more carefully to avoid emulsions. I also freeze and thaw my bark a couple of times before extracting and generally follow Cyb's salt tek.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 3/3/2015 1:56:00 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hello biochem6, welcome to the NexusThumbs up

i dont know the answer to your question but i think you should do both and then compare the outcomes and let us know, this will benefit both you and the community.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

pitubo
#3 Posted : 3/3/2015 2:00:51 PM

dysfunctional word machine

You could test this by taking the strained bark and performing a separate straight to base extraction on that. Leave the bark material in strong base for some time, don't start pulling right away. Post your results if you like.

Tryptallmine
#4 Posted : 3/4/2015 1:30:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

biochem6 wrote:
After completing 3-4 acid boils of at least an hour a piece, on Acacia bark, would I see an increase in yield if I did my pulls with the bark in the container? I've always strained my bark after the acid boils as to avoid emulsions when pulling but if it would significantly increase my yield I would work more carefully to avoid emulsions. I also freeze and thaw my bark a couple of times before extracting and generally follow Cyb's salt tek.

To be honest, I think you would get a slight increase it yield. There is always the possibility of DMT still in the bark that hasn't been salted by the acid boils. By leaving it in there your solvent has a chance to grab at it.

If you're going to do it that way, collect all your pulls into a glass or jar and then put them on a warm/low heat bath for 20 minutes or so. It'll ensure most of the plant matter falls out to the bottom of the glass. Then decant into a crystallizing dish if you aren't going to do a mini a/b cleanup.

starway6
#5 Posted : 3/4/2015 2:36:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After at least 4 or more boils.. [45minutes each]..on finely powdered bark .. strain out the spent bark material through a kitchen strainer because it just gets in the way when basifying ...

I used to think that the bark still had something in it but found after re boiling the spent bark.. [several times]..that it didnt contain enough dmt to be worth the effort...

As long as you powder the bark finely enough and do the boils corectly after 4 or 5 boils the bark is usualy spent...

This is my findings..