We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
improved awareness of myself Options

sawman87
#1 Posted : 3/3/2015 7:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

edit- i have posted this in the wrong place. my appolagies. still learning how the site works. not sure how to get this moved though? maybe should be in general discussion

i am relatively new to psychedelics. well apart from a psilocybin trip when i was 17 ish (im 28 now) but i dont realy include this as it was a very minor experience. low dose / bunk mushrooms. ive smoked cannabis for 10 years until packing that up about a year ago. i didnt realy class cannabis as a psychedelic.

so really it was only about 14 months ago that i got involved in this. now since about a year ago i have notice that i am super aware of my body and mind and how i feel or how things make me feel. things i never noticed before. does anyone else experience something like this?

now what i mean is this... i notice effects from things like tea or coffee like i never used to. and how they affect my sleep. a lack of sleep also i notice more now how much of a toll it is on my mind and body. Now alcohol since doing psychedelics seems like a total different substance. obviously it isnt but i think its how i perceive it now. i also now would class cannabis as a psychedelic. not before as i said above but i do now. the only time i smoked it in the last year was at Leeds Festival in the UK in August. it had a realy different effect on me after getting involved in psychedelics. i actually didnt like it to much.

music. now music is totaly amazing. ive always been in to music of all kinds. now i have a massive connection to music. especially emotion filled music. i realy feel emotions in a song now like never before. and sometimes it gives me this amazing head rush type thing that travels round my head and down my spine and through all my limbs. its kinda like chills but a slightly different feeling. it fills me with euphoria sometimes to the point of bringing tears through immense happiness.

all of the above i notice while sober by the way. i feel realy connected to my body and mind now. as if i wasnt before and psychedelics have reconnected me to myself.

does this make sense and has anyone else had similar experiences?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hardboiled
#2 Posted : 3/3/2015 9:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey manSmile
Yeah i can relate to what your saying. I noticed more aware and observer type of mode happening simultaneously as my thoughts and emotions would arise. I pay more attention to what is happening inside and out side and take great care not to react hasty and without care for others.
I have learned not to take everything so seriously.Big grin
I was never a frequent cannabis smoker but that i came to find out is do to stuff being really shitty quality around where i live. I have smoked quite different strains in Amsterdam and must say that that was light years beyond what you can get here and i sometimes miss it.Razz That was spectacular stuff and results where so positive and uplifting and with so much laughter and insight it was like smoking for the first timeStop Big grin
Entheogens are definitely more up my alley and i have had such profound experiences and lasting changes for better in my opinion. It opened my heart and made me realize i must be the change and share love and positive energy no matter how new age and hippy it may sound to others.Thumbs up
Be better version of your self each day love and enjoy this gift of life and know your are, was and always will be IT.Very happy
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

ニヤリ
#3 Posted : 3/4/2015 12:09:14 AM

sandman

It makes sense.

And I believe that if it were the world ideal, what you say you have gained through usage of psychedelics everyone will have gained. A body more in tune with itself - not the aftermath of existential embellishment or doubt, which imho is the manifestation of lifelong psychic wounds, refracting light, refusing to heal.
Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? ..
Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said, Shhhhhh

Doc Buxin
#4 Posted : 3/4/2015 1:08:35 AM

Pay No Mind

Sounds par for the course.

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

DmnStr8
#5 Posted : 3/10/2015 10:49:48 PM

Come what may

sawman87 wrote:
edit- i have posted this in the wrong place. my appolagies. still learning how the site works. not sure how to get this moved though? maybe should be in general discussion

i am relatively new to psychedelics. well apart from a psilocybin trip when i was 17 ish (im 28 now) but i dont realy include this as it was a very minor experience. low dose / bunk mushrooms. ive smoked cannabis for 10 years until packing that up about a year ago. i didnt realy class cannabis as a psychedelic.

so really it was only about 14 months ago that i got involved in this. now since about a year ago i have notice that i am super aware of my body and mind and how i feel or how things make me feel. things i never noticed before. does anyone else experience something like this?

now what i mean is this... i notice effects from things like tea or coffee like i never used to. and how they affect my sleep. a lack of sleep also i notice more now how much of a toll it is on my mind and body. Now alcohol since doing psychedelics seems like a total different substance. obviously it isnt but i think its how i perceive it now. i also now would class cannabis as a psychedelic. not before as i said above but i do now. the only time i smoked it in the last year was at Leeds Festival in the UK in August. it had a realy different effect on me after getting involved in psychedelics. i actually didnt like it to much.

music. now music is totaly amazing. ive always been in to music of all kinds. now i have a massive connection to music. especially emotion filled music. i realy feel emotions in a song now like never before. and sometimes it gives me this amazing head rush type thing that travels round my head and down my spine and through all my limbs. its kinda like chills but a slightly different feeling. it fills me with euphoria sometimes to the point of bringing tears through immense happiness.

all of the above i notice while sober by the way. i feel realy connected to my body and mind now. as if i wasnt before and psychedelics have reconnected me to myself.

I like where your head is at! A new awareness is now present in you and you are aware of that new awareness or new consciousness. The questions that arise afterward are the most valuable. They are often unanswerable which provides a certain meditation. Allowing the mind to get caught in an endless circle while you can now be happy just to be present. I think you might find Timothy Leary's eight-circuit model of consciousness interesting to say the least. It also may help to answer some of your questions. Different drugs access different levels of consciousness. Check it out. Research the heck out of it. You will learn tons from Dr. Leary.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Varox
#6 Posted : 3/11/2015 12:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sawman87 wrote:

You are now "psychedelic" my friend.

All of what you mention I relate to. Being psychedelic is not as much about the psychedelic experience itself but about what the psychedelic experiences do to your daily life. What you mentioned are clear examples of this. You mention words like: notice, aware, feel, connection. You are officially awake(ning)!

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 3/11/2015 7:19:35 PM

Pay No Mind

Varox wrote:

You are now "psychedelic" my friend....

...Being psychedelic is not as much about the psychedelic experience itself but about what the psychedelic experiences do to your daily life...

...You are officially awake(ning)! [/quote]

I could not have put it better myself Varox. Very well stated. I became psychedelic so many decades ago I suppose that I take the state of grace for granted a bit these days.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate