We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pre sleep dosage for rewiring dream function Options

Binary Drool
#1 Posted : 2/26/2015 9:10:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried or even thought about waiting up until you're exhausted and ready for bed and dosing before you crawl under the covers?

You'd have to be tired because if you didn't fall asleep within 30 minutes you might end up staying up for the next 8 hours.

I'm interested in this because my dreams have been centered around fear. situations occur where I am using testable substance and know i have to be urine screened by probation. Being late for occasions that have repercussions. and many more irrupting situations that in the dream stress me out and not only ruin the quality of my sleep but start my morning off on the wrong note.

Id like to think that a 2-3g mushroom dose would effect my dreams substantially. and falling asleep with the knowledge harbored in my unconscious that i want this psychedelic state to fight against my fear drive dreams and allow me to possible control or allow me to redesign the framework of my sleeping mind.

any thoughts on this?
We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hardboiled
#2 Posted : 2/26/2015 11:01:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first mushroom experience was something that your describing.
I ate 2g and feel asleep before it kicked in since i didn't consider the possibility of falling asleep while waiting for it to kick in.Big grin
To say the least that was some strange night. All i remember is waking up several times trough the night being in very strange state of mind but having no recollection that i have ate mushrooms.
I would wake up sit at my bedside for a minute and become thirsty so i would stand up and walk toward the fridge grab a bottle of mineral water and drink. As i would drink i would notice something was off but ignored it and went back to sleep. This same exact procedure of me waking up, sitting on the bed, going for a drink and noticing that something was off happened 3 times in relative short time and on the last time it dawned on me that i have taken mushrooms and feel asleep and that this off feeling is mushrooms and that i was having a little Groundhog Day night session of same events happening 3 times in a row and with strong Deja Vu each time.
But i didn't have any dreams or at least i have no memory of them.Wut?
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

Binary Drool
#3 Posted : 2/26/2015 11:26:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

huh, strange. you had no recollection of dreams. maybe this would have been different if your intent was different. were you eating the mushrooms to get high and funny.

i think the intent alters the experience.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 2/27/2015 12:08:05 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I fell asleep while listening to binaural beats on the come up of LSD once and woke up tripping. I didn't remember any dreams but I could tell they were bizarre. When I fall asleep on cannabis or ayahuasca, which has happened countless times, they definitely impact that state.

There is many ways to begin prodding the world of the dream, and I really suggest reading up on lucid dreaming. Personally I think dreams probably have non-local aspects, but their nature definitely reflects daily life in many ways as well - particularly whether or not they tend to be anxiety-based or not. Stress in daily life, even stress we hide from ourselves, can definitely manifest in dreams. So anything that lowers daily stress can help.

Psychedelics have undoubtedly altered my dreams, as has daily dosing of melatonin and harmlas (things that, I think, there is solid evidence indicating we are chronically deficient in). Make sure your room is as dark as you can get it, since light impacts the pineal's ability to produce melatonin and other substances vital to healthy sleep.

Anyways, putting effort into daily life to get in states of stress-free right brained creative flow has a big impact to. Some of the most useful would be yoga and meditating just before bed (maybe a smaller puff of changa as well). Keeping a dream journal and turning your mind inside out in that manner in the morning - and reading it just before bed - also has been extremely useful for countless others and myself. It can help unravel the subconscious and you begin to realize broader patterns and themes, and understanding of the dreamworld (and dream awareness/recall) is heightened.

I've attached a good book on lucid dreaming

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Binary Drool
#5 Posted : 2/27/2015 1:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did keep a dream journal for around 2 months and drew small sketches with descriptions. They were great and in most of them I was flying, or unaffected my gravity. Most of the time it was uncontrollable and i would float like a ballon to the ceilings. I could recognize the brief period of lucidness. Still awake my thoughts begin to feel and look different right before i pass into sleep. My dreams at this time were scattered and very creative. I was unfortunately locked up but my daily routine was extremely monotonous. (sold led to undercover at a music festival). Surrounded by inmates who thrived off of the Maury show and BET. I did read quite a bit, a few biographies and many other great novels. In any case, I got a long with everyone and really had no stress there. things were taken care of on the outside and my dreams reflected that.

I completely agree that our dreams reflect things that happen in our days. Sometime when i run into someone I haven't seen in years they show up in my dream that night.

In any case I am still dealing with the repercussions of that arrest. I am in an intensive drug court program but i just entered phase 3(last phase). I've been in this program since June 2013. I got a false positive for morphine in dec 2013. There is potential for error with these tests. my opiate levels were 122, when 2000+ is considered positive. After two months of intense scrutiny I was given the benefit of the doubt and it was considered a negative.

Part of this program is a daily call in. if your number comes in you must report for a drug screen. I would get called in 2x a week in the beginning. every monday is a weekly 20-30min call in to the program coordinator who takes her job SERIOUSLY!!! and on top of that i would have to report to court every wed. in phase 2 the court appearances drop to bi weekly. and now in phase 3 its once a month + 30 hours community service.

phew..
So this program is intensive. If i got a false positive once, it can happen again though not likely. There are serious repercussions for missing a drug test, not calling in or being late for court. so my dreams focus on this. Even though I do everything I'm asked, and I put in 100% effort its like a dark cloud.

I havent smoked pot in 3 years and I miss it.
I havent drank alcohol in almost 2 years and i love our separation.
I haven't done opiates/coke in over 3 years, which is why i was so upset to get a false positive in dec 2013.
I've been over a year removed from Rx meds benzos.
I had a bad run with Ketamine and GHB because they are untestable.. it got bad

Thank god for mushrooms and dmt.

1 dmt experience is enough to change someones life. Ive smoked around 70ish times. it helped me so much.

I've been eating mushrooms maybe once or 2x a month at more mild doses. 1-2g. honestly its not really fun, i eat them when i need a kick in the ass. they throw me into deep self analysis. My last 3g+ trip was in Sept. I like to take higher doses like that outside in warm weather. been around 0degrees here in NY the past 2 weeks.

Im working on a SP mesh extraction atm for spring. stepping into the warmer weather.

My last Mesc extraction yielded 400mg of 80% pure Xtalz.. unfortunately the addict in me ate some led on top of it and then smoked some dmt. its was ok but i was a little disappointed that i did that. that was a long time ago.

I've matured a lot since then. but my dreams haunt me.. they are full of fear of failure to complete this drug court program. and the consequences are probably 5 years in prison :/

I only give this rap to give the understanding as to why my dreams are so stress filled, even though I'm doing everything right. I try to remain creative, painting, digital stuff.. I'm in school.

thannks for letting me rant.

hardboiled
#6 Posted : 2/27/2015 8:21:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Binary Drool wrote:
huh, strange. you had no recollection of dreams. maybe this would have been different if your intent was different. were you eating the mushrooms to get high and funny.

i think the intent alters the experience.

No, never. I simply don't see this as something that i would like to party. This is serious and intimate exploration for me and that is also a reason why i always travel alone.
But that time was my first time and i didn't take into account the late hour and being little bit more tired than usually. Yes i agree that intent has potential to influence the experience.

Felnik
#7 Posted : 2/27/2015 9:18:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been experimenting with low dose mushrooms for a while now . It can be effective but can also be horrible once in a while. Before bed is a tricky one because sometimes it can activate and wire you up making it difficult to fall asleep. I've found making a tincture can be a good way to get small measurable doses.

I find mushrooms are well worth the risk of an occasional dark trip . And for me have sometimes been the only thing capable of snapping me out of a bad & negative headspace . I think they are really an amazing thing .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

hardboiled
#8 Posted : 2/27/2015 9:35:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ditto. I still need to try out micro dosing mushrooms. I have a good friend that has been doing it for couple of months and he said it works miracles for his dark hours and depressions that he is having when he gets to entangled with spending to much time thinking about negative aspects of human actions.

Binary Drool
#9 Posted : 2/28/2015 9:41:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a tincture is a great idea for micro dosing. whats your method of extraction? Felnik?

DreaMTripper
#10 Posted : 3/2/2015 6:25:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could tincture it or do a lemontek and mix it with a fruit juice or nutrient water or something then mark on the bottle 1,1.25,1.5g etc and use a straw to drink it so you can dose accurately.

ScientificMethod
#11 Posted : 3/3/2015 5:24:44 PM

The_Scientific_Method

Funny--my little brother was asking me about exactly this last night. I told him that I wasn't really sure that it would be worth the time, but maybe a microdose right before bed might produce interesting results. I proposed dosing .5 grams right before bed for maybe 3 nights (not consecutively). After that, if there is no effect, up it to .75 grams, then 1 gram accordingly until he gets effects. Not sure what will happen, but that seems like the best use of before bed mushrooms, as I see it.

I did have an experience once when I was out camping (and this led me to a very solid belief that tripping on mushrooms should be done on an empty stomach) where I ate some mushrooms about an hour before sunset (after eating lightly, but not fasting for the entire day). When sunset came, I had zero effect, so I ate another gram (3.5 grams total). Nothing ever happened that was worth noting--I got VERY light psychedelic ideation, but nothing else. I was really bummed about it.

Then I went to bed and woke up at about 10pm, tripping my head off. It was weird, because it was night and we were out camping, so I didn't want to get up and wander around out in the cold at night, but I wanted to enjoy my trip. Everyone else was asleep, so I just laid there, wide-eyed and watched the tent walls bend and warp. It was really fun, but also felt like a waste, because I was out in the woods and it would have been more fun to trip outside of my tent.

Anyways, the point is that a larger dose, I think, will wake you up, then you'll be wide awake and tripping in the middle of the night, and potentially be very confused or even scared, as an earlier poster mentions as a possibility. This is why I recommended that little brother start at .5 grams before bed and work up from there.

Anyone ever tried this microdose approach before sleeping?
All of my posts are entirely fictional. I am a writer, and as a means to research the life of a fictional character that I'm writing about, I post on the Nexus to get into character. In real life I have no interest or interaction with mind-altering substances.