We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Simulation hypothisis Options

BundleflowerPower
#41 Posted : 1/18/2015 7:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, how can an object move an infinite number of times? Didn't one of the Greeks come up with that idea, that if objects have to move an infinite number of times to get from point a to point b, then objects couldn't move?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

frobot
#42 Posted : 1/18/2015 8:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Zeno's paradox.
To me it makes much more sense for an object to pass through an infinite number of points than to magically hop from point A to point B though.
Neither one is natural to wrap your head around, I just like the infinite points a lot better.

I'm crazy about fractals and that's probably why. I think things like the mandelbrot set are proof enough for me that there is still information between A and B.
The mandelbrot set has been expanded to see areas that are far smaller than an equivalent planck length. But the boarders between different values still remain smooth and never take on a block-like shape. If it can without a doubt work for an iterated math equation it should work for time and space.

RAM
#43 Posted : 1/18/2015 11:42:37 PM

Hail the keys!

Planck time is just the time it takes for a photon to pass through a Planck length, which is supposedly the closest that two objects can possibly be without becoming the same thing. It's more that we as humans cannot observe spaces or times smaller than these Planck ones at this time. So it's more of a constraint on humans than some universal truth. Just because we cannot fly through the air doesn't mean there is some universal law against flying; it's just not the way things appear to be to us.

There may be an infinite number of points where an object can stop from point A to point B, but there's an infinite number of possibilities for how the thing will be oriented, where exactly it will stop, how it will, etc. The idea of infinite series is useful here: 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + ... + 1/2^n as n goes to infinity all adds up to 2. This was really what resolved Zeno's paradox, the idea that adding an infinite number of terms will converge at a certain and exact point.

The fact we perceive something, or can't perceive something, says nothing definitive about the actual existence of the said thing. And even if it does, the actual meaning would also be impossible to ascertain. Although I will say that looking far out into space as well as at subatomic levels can help us improve our understanding of whatever situation we seem to be in.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Koornut
#44 Posted : 2/20/2015 8:06:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTheory wrote:
Planck time is just the time it takes for a photon to pass through a Planck length, which is supposedly the closest that two objects can possibly be without becoming the same thing. It's more that we as humans cannot observe spaces or times smaller than these Planck ones at this time. So it's more of a constraint on humans than some universal truth. Just because we cannot fly through the air doesn't mean there is some universal law against flying; it's just not the way things appear to be to us.

Yeah it is unsettling to think of there being a discrete and indivisible unit of physical space, leave that stuff with set notation me-thinks. But it is also doubly unsettling to think of what space/time becomes in the realms beyond our scope of measurement. But as it always has, deeper resolution will only come with time.

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

#45 Posted : 2/20/2015 4:21:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Not sure if this's been mentioned..

Fermilab has been on a project for a few years now

Holometer - http://holometer.fnal.gov/

Excerpt from the website:

The Fermilab Holometer is a new kind of instrument designed to study the quantum character of space itself. It measures the quantum coherence of location with unprecedented precision.

Laser light passing through an arrangement of mirrors will show whether space stands still, or whether it always jitters by a tiny amount, carrying all matter with it, due to quantum-geometrical fluctuations. We call this new property of space time ``holographic'' noise.

The experiment will help us understand space and time better: what they are made of, and how they relate to matter and energy.

<3

hardboiled
#46 Posted : 2/20/2015 10:32:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When i read all the comments and ideas i can't help but compare it to my experiences where i had direct knowing and understanding that this is a ˝God's˝ way of having fun and a briliant way to explore it self and forget that it already knows and is everything.
Perhaps COSMIC JOKE is all about finding out it is, was, and always will be ˝YOU˝... playing this game of hide and seek with yourself but with the twists and turns along the way to make it more fun and intresting since you are the only thing that is real and your all alone...

So ˝God˝ is simulating the ilussion of multiple seperate beings and realities so that it can experience ilussion of finate and company of someone/something that is not it self. That is why sometimes it comes off like you have ruined the game for your character after you have a glimpse of this. But then again after time passes by your character and existence feels so real again that you put all of it under question mark and start to doubt again. And so the game keeps rolling on at least untill your character meats it's end and you wake up again back to what you have always known and there is no escape.
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

arcologist
#47 Posted : 2/21/2015 6:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hardboiled wrote:
When i read all the comments and ideas i can't help but compare it to my experiences where i had direct knowing and understanding that this is a ˝God's˝ way of having fun and a briliant way to explore it self and forget that it already knows and is everything.
Perhaps COSMIC JOKE is all about finding out it is, was, and always will be ˝YOU˝... playing this game of hide and seek with yourself but with the twists and turns along the way to make it more fun and intresting since you are the only thing that is real and your all alone...

So ˝God˝ is simulating the ilussion of multiple seperate beings and realities so that it can experience ilussion of finate and company of someone/something that is not it self. That is why sometimes it comes off like you have ruined the game for your character after you have a glimpse of this. But then again after time passes by your character and existence feels so real again that you put all of it under question mark and start to doubt again. And so the game keeps rolling on at least untill your character meats it's end and you wake up again back to what you have always known and there is no escape.

Yes Yes Yes! This is it. I can never remember the whole of it once I get back to this reality, but something very similar has been revealed to me on several occasions. It's like you've entered a cheat code to reality where you break the game and there's an active process somewhere that is trying to erase your memory of the experience when you come back. Or perhaps the complete knowledge of the universe just can't fit back into a human brain.

How though does this explain the appearance of distinct hyperspace entities? Are they just different faces of the same 'god'?

thymamai
#48 Posted : 2/21/2015 10:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Out of the crude cipher with which he communicates from his prehistoric desk with the archaic men of the world a new language builds up which cuts through the death language of the day like wireless through a storm. There is no magic in this wave-length, any more than there is magic in the womb. Men are lonely and out of communication with one another because all there inventions speak only of death. Death is the automaton which rules the world of activity. Death is silent, because it has no mouth. Death has never expressed anything.

Death is wonderful too - after life. Only one like myself who has opened his mouth and spoken, only one who has said Yes, Yes, Yes and again Yes! can open wide his arms to death and know no fear. Death as a reward, yes! Death as a result of fulfillment, yes! Death as a crown and shield, yes! But no death from the roots, isolating men, making them bitter and fearful and lonely, giving them fruitless energy, filling them with a will which can only say No! The first word any man writes when he has found himself, his own rhythm, which is the life rhythm, is Yes! Everything he writes thereafter is Yes, Yes, Yes, - Yes ina thousand million ways. No dynamo, no matter how huge - not even a dynamo of a hundred million dead souls - can combat one man saying Yes!

..after the late great Miller, I also think that man has become very, very, almost pitifully lonely. and as with the nature of his transportation, transmogrified, a vehicle of another vehicle, transformed to fit the outer terrain - the wheel, the float, the plane, so also is he and his language metamorphosed, in proportion to the inner terrain, to fit the nature of his thought. the vehicle of his image which ruthlessly assembles, simulates and re-simulates the outside, the life the light and the other.

concombres
#49 Posted : 2/21/2015 11:11:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Or maybe we're trapped in a simulation designed by a malicious alien ruler with a higher intellegence level to trap us in a constant struggle & be left to deal with our worst fears all while we're kept alive in the real reality by some type of alien cryogenics as collectors items from a single race but the catch is we're actually managing to outsmart the simulation & break the negative cycles we were intended to repeat for eternity Laughing

Courtesy of saints row 5. Trippy storyline behind that game. Thumbs up

hardboiled
#50 Posted : 2/22/2015 11:52:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

arcologist wrote:
Yes Yes Yes! This is it. I can never remember the whole of it once I get back to this reality, but something very similar has been revealed to me on several occasions. It's like you've entered a cheat code to reality where you break the game and there's an active process somewhere that is trying to erase your memory of the experience when you come back. Or perhaps the complete knowledge of the universe just can't fit back into a human brain.

How though does this explain the appearance of distinct hyperspace entities? Are they just different faces of the same 'god'?

Definitely some kind of memory erasing ˝mechanism˝ is at work as you come down and reenter your body and reality that you are accustomed to as human.

I can't say anything about distinct entities since i haven't had any encounters so far. In my experiences there is no ˝ME˝ or anything other.

There is just one singular ˝something˝. That something was aware of it self. It knew everything and was everything and at the same time nothing...and was bored and lonely out if its ˝mind˝. This ˝waking up˝ brought a lot of emotions of sadness and YOU RUINED this game knowing. It knew it was playing ALL characters for the pleasure of having so much fun when under the illusion of not being the only thing that is real and all alone.
Could it be that all of this is just a way for ˝IT˝ ...this what we call ˝God˝... to have illusion of company and purpose since by being eternal, all knowing and all alone has no real meaning to IT?
It in a way feels like death. Nothing new to discover or share with somebody so after eons of this it came up with a game called LIFE, UNIVERSE, SEPARATION, IGNORANCE...
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

BundleflowerPower
#51 Posted : 2/26/2015 12:45:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thymamai wrote:
Quote:
Out of the crude cipher with which he communicates from his prehistoric desk with the archaic men of the world a new language builds up which cuts through the death language of the day like wireless through a storm. There is no magic in this wave-length, any more than there is magic in the womb. Men are lonely and out of communication with one another because all there inventions speak only of death. Death is the automaton which rules the world of activity. Death is silent, because it has no mouth. Death has never expressed anything.

Death is wonderful too - after life. Only one like myself who has opened his mouth and spoken, only one who has said Yes, Yes, Yes and again Yes! can open wide his arms to death and know no fear. Death as a reward, yes! Death as a result of fulfillment, yes! Death as a crown and shield, yes! But no death from the roots, isolating men, making them bitter and fearful and lonely, giving them fruitless energy, filling them with a will which can only say No! The first word any man writes when he has found himself, his own rhythm, which is the life rhythm, is Yes! Everything he writes thereafter is Yes, Yes, Yes, - Yes ina thousand million ways. No dynamo, no matter how huge - not even a dynamo of a hundred million dead souls - can combat one man saying Yes!

..after the late great Miller, I also think that man has become very, very, almost pitifully lonely. and as with the nature of his transportation, transmogrified, a vehicle of another vehicle, transformed to fit the outer terrain - the wheel, the float, the plane, so also is he and his language metamorphosed, in proportion to the inner terrain, to fit the nature of his thought. the vehicle of his image which ruthlessly assembles, simulates and re-simulates the outside, the life the light and the other.

Yes. Man wants to explore every single part of the "real" world but most humans are scared to death of exploring his own inner world.

Koornut
#52 Posted : 2/27/2015 8:00:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
Not sure if this's been mentioned..

Fermilab has been on a project for a few years now

Holometer - http://holometer.fnal.gov/

Excerpt from the website:

The Fermilab Holometer is a new kind of instrument designed to study the quantum character of space itself. It measures the quantum coherence of location with unprecedented precision.

Laser light passing through an arrangement of mirrors will show whether space stands still, or whether it always jitters by a tiny amount, carrying all matter with it, due to quantum-geometrical fluctuations. We call this new property of space time ``holographic'' noise.

The experiment will help us understand space and time better: what they are made of, and how they relate to matter and energy.

<3

Shocked That is some fantastic resolution!

I wonder if there could be a change in the magnitude of the micro fluctuations relative to some macro properties of space; Density, Entropy/Temperature, Energy level etc.

Imagine if the fluctuations of any single point in space is dependant on it's immediate surroundings, and/or mutually exclusive until a certain critical mass is attained and they snap together into unison.

Hypothetically, if any one of these ridiculous postulates turns out to be true it would be a wait for it "quantum leap" in the path towards a coherent and stable system of quantum computation.

3Bit logic gates:
512 individual laser beams with a basic ON/OFF boolean feature.
512 individual beam splitters encased within a closed system that allows for micro manipulation by a computer in real-time of one or more of the properties of space.
1028 individual sensors to catch the fluctuations of the split beams and the state of the ON/OFF'ness of the lasers.

OFF/ONYES/ONNO = 3 states of logic.

Big grin

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

thymamai
#53 Posted : 2/28/2015 9:43:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
thymamai wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Man wants to explore every single part of the "real" world but most humans are scared to death of exploring his own inner world.

I know I'm hard to understand.. essentially, what I said is that it's peanut butter jellytime

#54 Posted : 3/1/2015 2:50:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

the Self projecting the cosmos out of itself, ruling everything from within.

simulation of the Self

scaredofthedark
#55 Posted : 10/2/2023 6:50:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I was talking to a freind about this recently as well. The idea really disturbed him. I told him it's just philosophy, that it doesn't really make much difference in the real world..unless they shut off the program

https://twitter.com/alie...atus/1592871428701179904

PREV123