We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Is there way to find out if I still have Harmalas in my system? Options

GOD
#21 Posted : 9/17/2014 12:57:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Moin Steppa

Didnt read it all . Can you give a practical example of what you are thinking about ? Why you want to know it ?

Yes harmala floreses but shining UV onto piss wont help you because IF it shows you anything it wont show you a quantity .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

steppa
#22 Posted : 9/17/2014 2:09:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GOD wrote:
Moin Steppa

Wow. Nice to have you here.

Quote:
Can you give a practical example of what you are thinking about ?

I'm looking for something that indicates if my MAO (in the brain, not in the guts, due to smoked harmine freebase) is partitionally inhibited. I have no specification of how this should be indicated.

I could imagine that there could be a substance (not a psychedelic) or somthing from which's effects (if consumed) one would be able to tell if mao is inhibited or not.

If I let my imagination running wild...I imagine somthing like a substance producing itchiness or sth. like this.

Quote:
Why you want to know it ?

Research purposes. I want to know how fast my metabolism works.

Quote:
UV onto piss wont help you because IF it shows you anything it wont show you a quantity .

Yes. This. And it woudn't tell me if it's still active in my brain or not.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

GOD
#23 Posted : 9/17/2014 2:29:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What you need is something like a piss / sweat tester = that you put something in it and it changes colour . Something like a marquis test . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_reagent BUT it still doesnt tell you the quantity .

Tests that make you itch are not a good idea ........ you dont know in advance how much your going to itch ...... and itching is a pain in the arse ........ ask someone who has exsema or has been given the false blood in a transfusion = me .

The only tests that realy make sense are real lab tests wich are expensive .

When i read your question i " see " someone asking ......... if someone takes ayahuasca ....... when can they smoke some DMT and be sure that the harmala alkaloids are not strengthening the effects .

>I want to know how fast my metabolism works.

Yours is different than other peoples . Its also varyable acording to the time of day and loads of internal and external factors = your answe is your answer ......... The answer is easy ........... test it youself .
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

steppa
#24 Posted : 9/17/2014 2:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Tests that make you itch are not a good idea

This was just an example I _could_ imagine.

Quote:
When i read your question i " see " someone asking ......... if someone takes ayahuasca ....... when can they smoke some DMT and be sure that the harmala alkaloids are not strengthening the effects .

You see the wrong thing then.
But yeah...maybe smoking some DMT would be the most simple test method. But it's not reliable as it's effects vary from time to time.

Quote:
test it youself

That's what I want to.

steppa
#25 Posted : 2/25/2015 1:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What you need is something like a piss / sweat tester = that you put something in it and it changes colour . Something like a marquis test . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_reagent BUT it still doesnt tell you the quantity .

I don't know...this may be stupid...but...

Harmine glows under UV light. I don't know how much harmine must be in a solution to let it glow under UV light.

Could it be, that a drop of blood would glow under UV-light if it has harmine in it?

I'll give this a try. I'll just smoke some harmine and then use a lancet to yield some blod from myself and see if it glows. Interesting. Smile

pitubo
#26 Posted : 2/25/2015 2:25:47 PM

dysfunctional word machine

steppa wrote:
Harmine glows under UV light. I don't know how much harmine must be in a solution to let it glow under UV light.

Already a very small amount of harmala alkaloids causes the fluorescence. You could make a standardized solution, say 100 mg in 100 ml and then dilute that 100 times, by taking out 1 ml into another contaainer and adding water up to 100 ml. Repeat the dilution a few times until the fluorescence becomes negligible. With such a dilution series, you can see at what concentration the fluorescence becomes unnoticable.

steppa wrote:
Could it be, that a drop of blood would glow under UV-light if it has harmine in it?

Probably so. I have noticed during a pharmahuasca session a greenish haze in my entire field of vision when under a particular flourescent light. The small amount of uv in that light wass apparently enough to cause the harmaline in my eye fluid to weakly glow.

steppa wrote:
I'll give this a try. I'll just smoke some harmine and then use a lancet to yield some blod from myself and see if it glows. Interesting. Smile

You could make a dilution series like with the standardized harmine solution and then compare the progressive fluorescence extinction. That would give you an estimate of the plasma concentration, if you could accurately measure the amount of blood drawn and put into the solution.

steppa
#27 Posted : 2/25/2015 2:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was very helpful advice. Especially on the dilution series. Thank you pitubo.

OneStepBeyond
#28 Posted : 2/26/2015 12:15:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There can be other chemicals in your bodily fluids that will glow under a blacklight. Phosphorus is one. There will definitely be phosphorus in your urine and it will glow noticeably, with or without harmine.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

pitubo
#29 Posted : 2/26/2015 1:01:10 AM

dysfunctional word machine

OneStepBeyond wrote:
There can be other chemicals in your bodily fluids that will glow under a blacklight. Phosphorus is one. There will definitely be phosphorus in your urine and it will glow noticeably, with or without harmine.

Can you give me a reference for this? I have played extensively with blacklights and harmala alkaloids. Without harmala alkaloids, there is very little fluorescence going on around my body. I haven't specifically tested my urine with and without harmalas, but I might soonish if you can provide me with a convincing argument.

Perhaps you are confusing these:
* "phosphorus", the pure element. Its white allotrope slowly oxidizes in atmospheric air, producing a chemilucent glow that originally gave rise to its name, "phosphorus" in greek "Φωσφόρος" meaning "light-bearer". Elemental phosphorus is highly toxic and under normal circumstances does not occur in the body or urine.
* "phosphate", a compound of phosporus (the oxyacid anion). This compound of phosphorus is present in many organisms, including the human body and in human urine.
* "phosphorescence", the phenomenon of delayed light emission after stimulation by light. Although related to fluorescence, it is mechanistically different from it.
* "phosphor", a term to indicate a substance that exhibits the phenomenon of luminescence. The fluorescent coating of fluorescent lamps is called a "phosphor", but I believe it doesn't actually involve any compounds of the element phosphorus, nor do these compounds (strongly) phosphoresce.

None of these equate to "fluorescence".

OneStepBeyond
#30 Posted : 2/26/2015 1:56:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, there are phosphates in your urine and other body fluids which contain phosphorus and inherit the ability to glow under blacklight. You can do the experiment yourself if you want to, but I assure you it will work.

I never said anything about "fluorescence" specifically.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

PREV12