We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
rule against openly mentioning solvent & base brands Options

Spaced Out 2
#21 Posted : 2/19/2015 7:53:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll take all the precautions necessary, or I just won't do it. I like to think of myself as being safe and responsible, as long as it's a well written tek I shouldn't have any problems following it to a tee. Thanks again 1ce looking forward to seeing what's involved.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cyb
#22 Posted : 2/19/2015 8:13:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

1ce wrote:
so I'll be including a large safety/handling section because I think alot of people here will be very unfamiliar wi5h it. I'll probably post it up tomorrow after it's been distilled.

Bear in mind, that if such a tek is posted, it may be taken down immediately until the Admin/Moderator team (and resident chemists) determine if it is 'Safe OR Wise' to have such a document on the Nexus.

Just because a couple of chemistry minded people like the idea...the overall majority of members/seedlings and non member 'guests' that peruse these pages are not in a position to obtain/make such 'potentially' harmful solvents.
Teks are deliberately designed with the noob in mind for safety's sake.

Safety for the extractor and Safety for the Site. Stop
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

obliguhl
#23 Posted : 2/19/2015 10:46:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im for mentioning solvent brands. The reason here is Safety. It is a good thing to let people know which solvents do not have any nasty and potentially dangerous chemicals in them (rust inhibitors etc).

That to me, is most important.

Quote:

Google "vm&p naptha"

Know what comes up? DMT nexus comes up.

What will come up if people use the wrong and/or tainted solvents and fall ill ?

DreaMTripper
#24 Posted : 2/19/2015 11:47:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly there is only good that can come from mentioning the safety profiles of various chemicals. The nexus is on the clearnet it is a known site that can not be undone nor should it be it is a matter of harm reduction and is a core ethos of the nexus.

hug46
#25 Posted : 2/19/2015 11:52:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
I whole heartedly support this rule.

FYI

You can bitch and moan all you want about the difference between meth, and dmt culture, but I'll leave you this little treat:

Google "vm&p naptha"

Know what comes up? DMT nexus comes up.

I googled "vm&p naphtha" and got nothing to do with the nexus, then i googled "vm&p naptha" and the shroomery came up first, then i googled "vm&p naftha" and the nexus came out on top. The only conclusion i can come to is that we need to learn to spell more better.

I am against a rule like this for the same reason as Obliguhl and the others. As it says on our forum banner "Lean shear expend".

1ce
#26 Posted : 2/20/2015 2:04:05 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

cyb wrote:
1ce wrote:
so I'll be including a large safety/handling section because I think alot of people here will be very unfamiliar wi5h it. I'll probably post it up tomorrow after it's been distilled.

Bear in mind, that if such a tek is posted, it may be taken down immediately until the Admin/Moderator team (and resident chemists) determine if it is 'Safe OR Wise' to have such a document on the Nexus.

Just because a couple of chemistry minded people like the idea...the overall majority of members/seedlings and non member 'guests' that peruse these pages are not in a position to obtain/make such 'potentially' harmful solvents.
Teks are deliberately designed with the noob in mind for safety's sake.

Safety for the extractor and Safety for the Site. Stop

Indeed, I think it should be questioned and reviewed, and even modified if need be. Chloroform is a better/safer/easier solution to many. ESPECIALLY when it replaces butane. So I've got fair reason to believe there may be room for it, maybe not. But I am willing to try, and accept a moderators decision for maintaining it.

anrchy
#27 Posted : 2/20/2015 3:44:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Truthfully im not opposed to outlawing sharing source info of extraction chems in the forum. The thing is i dont feel it would have much of an effect in the real world, there are tons of other sites with that info that is easily accessible with a simple Google search.

So really what would be the point.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

universecannon
#28 Posted : 2/20/2015 4:01:07 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

The DMT-Nexus comes up when you search for "glass turkey baster"...Maybe we should ban talk of those to.

But...what exactly is the argument again besides that we show up in a google search of naphtha? And how will banning the talk of brand names have a positive effect than outweighs all the negatives?

If you don't think law enforcement groups know about what goes on here, then you're kidding yourself.

It seems like the main impact of banning brand names is that a lot of people will get contaminated substances as their results, since they weren't sure what brands to stay away from.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Nathanial.Dread
#29 Posted : 2/20/2015 4:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:

If you don't think law enforcement groups know about what goes on here, then you're kidding yourself.

I've often wondered exactly exactly to what degree The Nexus is watched by LEO orgs. I'm sure they know we exist, but it seems to me like we're probably not a particularly good investment, from a police perspective. We don't deal, we don't source, and our drug of choice is, for the most part, still a reasonably underground phenomena.

We're also not all that threatening to existing powers. I think anyone with a badge who took a look would probably think 'harmless hippes.'

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

obliguhl
#30 Posted : 2/20/2015 8:22:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I think anyone who took a look would probably think 'harmless hippes.'

Fixed that for you.

PREV12