We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
The TOP 8 ACACIAS to Grow WORLDWIDE Options

DreaMTripper
#81 Posted : 2/6/2015 8:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would topping work to produce more off shoots and bush it out? At the beginning of the thread it mentions pruning to encourage the plant to bush out. How about using some of the training techniques that cannabis growers use? Are they possible with acacia? Such as gently pinning the main trunk down so secondary branches become the main branch.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

--Shadow
#82 Posted : 2/10/2015 7:16:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper, There is a technique I stumbled across by accident with my A. acuminata broad and narrow variants.

Once they get to 6+ inches high, let them dry out in the sun to the point of death. They will drop leaves, some will go brown, and the top of the plant dries out and goes brown and hard.

Then take extreme good care of them giving them plenty of water and be patient.... I'm talking a few weeks of NOTHING happening with the plant growing or showing signs of life, bot not deteriorating completely.. they will start shooting out branches wherever there is still life left on the plant.

It's a risky technique, and likely to result in a few acacia deaths(I lost 9 narrow and 3 or 4 broad acuminatas)

The one on the left is an acuminata(narrow) as it normally grows.

the one on the right is an acuminata from the same stock that I came back to life (with branches shooting out at the base). Even the tip of the plant became green again!

Below is an acuminata (broad) that I let dry out too much, and it is now coming back to life (shooting new branches at the base)

They indeed are a hardy plant

Below is a comparison of how acuminata (narrow and broad) grow normally. They are 1yr old now.

kerelsk wrote:
@--Shadow
Just looked up 'the secret life of alkaloids' ...
How did you come to find it? (it appears to be referenced on the Nexus Wiki)

kerelsk, I came across it whilst researching Why excess rain drops alkaloid content, and what increases it
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

DreaMTripper
#83 Posted : 2/10/2015 8:09:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice find and gorgeous plants! Love

nen888
#84 Posted : 2/13/2015 10:06:08 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..they're wonderful to see, thank you and appreciated --Shadow Smile

regarding 'topping' DreaMTripper, once a plant has a number of small side branches, this would encourage more outward growth..but it is better for rapid large size tree growth to establish a plant in the ground for a couple of years, without 'topping'..some species are more spreading and some more than others are encouraged to become more bushy, and dense, by careful strategic pruning..
good question DreaMTripper..requires more experiments..

Tryptallmine
#85 Posted : 3/24/2015 3:55:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Would topping work to produce more off shoots and bush it out? At the beginning of the thread it mentions pruning to encourage the plant to bush out. How about using some of the training techniques that cannabis growers use? Are they possible with acacia? Such as gently pinning the main trunk down so secondary branches become the main branch.

I've found cutting the tops of A.Maidenii to produce more lateral growth.
The first Maidenii I grew I didn't do this and it grew to around 1 meter before its growth was stunned from being in a pot too long.

The 2nd and 3rd which are still growing well had the tops off them when they were about 45cm. This caused quite a lot of horizontal growth and main branches have developed.

I really want to find them a good home in the ground somewhere so I can watch them develop. I think that will happen come Monday!

endlessness
#86 Posted : 6/13/2015 4:39:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's my 1 year old acuminata. It took a long time to grow but now it's starting to grow really fast. It's not so tall but I love how it's branching out Smile
endlessness attached the following image(s):
IMG_4402.JPG (5,046kb) downloaded 292 time(s).

Espurrr
#87 Posted : 2/21/2019 9:16:48 AM

recent analysis showed acacia simplex to contain nearly 6% alks most of which was DMT and a bit of NMT
im positive if you plant this in an air pot with soilless media and start feeding it organic liquid fertilizers (something like humbolt secret or general hydroponics etc) you'll get massive root growth and godlike alk content, soon as i get my hands on simplex seeds i'll be experimenting with this

grollum
#88 Posted : 2/21/2019 2:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:
recent analysis showed acacia simplex to contain nearly 6% alks most of which was DMT and a bit of NMT
im positive if you plant this in an air pot with soilless media and start feeding it organic liquid fertilizers (something like humbolt secret or general hydroponics etc) you'll get massive root growth and godlike alk content, soon as i get my hands on simplex seeds i'll be experimenting with this

In theory this sounds great. I tried this with not so great success. The plant stopped growing after some time (15cm) but the roots where quite massive and solid compared to simplex in soil. But the simplex in soil grew 2 x times faster in size.

I think since I tried in a not so well controlled environment that there might be some funghi or similar things which harmed the plant. I also used quite standard hydro fertilizer which the plant might not like. Not sure. Wishing you luck! Simplex is an awesome plant! Dont forget about the phyllodes which also contain goodies!

Chimp Z
#89 Posted : 6/7/2019 11:12:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just really excited and wanted to share that after multiple attempts in the past 3 years
I have successfully sprouted Acacia Caroleae.
Don't ever give up y'all.

bezevo
#90 Posted : 2/16/2020 7:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ran across a vendor that had small Acacia confusa plants at a reasonable price .
I live in U.S.A. zone 5 so there's no way Acacia confusa plant could be planted in ground in my extreme climate, but Would it be overly difficult to grow as a pruned down potted house plant ?
I'm just curious if posable ... any info , especially first hand info would be appreciated .
THANKS
BEZ

P.S. also curious about MHRB plants .....wait this is an Acacia thread oops.

endlessness
#91 Posted : 2/16/2020 11:18:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No clue about your question, bezevo, but id say try it out, and let us know how it goes.. btw you are allowed to discuss vendors of live plants in the suppliers section Smile

«PREV345