We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Testing LSD (please read before posting questions) Options

benzyme
#21 Posted : 1/14/2015 4:30:05 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

complex it with beta-cyclodextrin or 18-crown-6, run it through lc-ms/ms. i guarantee you can differentiate all epimers.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hixidom
#22 Posted : 1/14/2015 4:08:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I thought 25I was only sublingually active, so I don't understand how it is passed off as LSD.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Godsmacker
#23 Posted : 1/14/2015 8:04:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is little, if any, pharmacodynamic research concerning the bioavailibility of NBOMES administered via various ROAs. Anecdotal reports state that sublingual administration is an effective means of absorbing as much as possible and it appears that swallowing it seems to increase the dose needed for equivalent psychedelic effects (i.e. lower bioavailibility). Until further research is conducted into the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of these compounds, it is impossible to say for sure whether or not it will be acitve or inactive orally. IMO and IME I wouldn't touch those compounds with a 12 foot clown pole; they're far moar trouble than their worth.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

DMiTria
#24 Posted : 1/23/2015 8:56:44 PM

I Think, Therefore I Am Not. Only When The Mind is Silent, I Am

I want someone to verify if the bitter taste is in fact true of the determination of a non-LSD substance. I ask this because I have been taking this "LSD-25" that my friend is getting in powder and turning it into liquid he says he gets 1 gram of powder and makes 100 sheets out of it. It's pretty strong stuff in my opinion, 4-6 hits have strong Visions, open eyed is pretty great but closed eyed is outstanding. I've been consuming it for about 6 months now and I do trust his word because he hasn't failed me yet showing be Ayahuasca and all. I'd say the trip from ingestion to a fully coming down is about 10 hours maybe 12 hours on high doses but that doesn't always occur. I determine this because after the 10 hour marker I am able to drive. Sometimes it is slightly bitter but not an overwhelming bitter taste. I know Kash said something about the bitter taste isn't LSD but I would like multiple opinions on this. The "LSD" I'm taking doesn't have the joint aches like some of the stuff that has Strict-9, which I've had and it wasn't pleasant at all. This stuff I feel great the next day besides the lack of sleep which is normal for most Psychedelics.
"Cosmic Creativity: Art Is An Echo Of The Creative Force That Birthed The Galaxies. Creativity Is The Way That The Cosmos Evolves And Communicates With Itself. The Great Up Lifting Of Humanity Beyond Its Self-Destruction Is The Redemptive Mission Of Art."

~Alex Grey~

endlessness
#25 Posted : 1/23/2015 11:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get a UV light, Put a drop on paper, see if it shines strongly blue.

Buy ehrlich (link to suppliers in my signature under the 'colorimetrics reagent' thread). It should turn pink/violet/purple or something to that range

Speculating on what might your friend's substance be is not of much use, specially considering those two mentioned tests are easy/cheap and can make any feedback much more reliable.

That being said, pure LSD IMO has a slightly electric/metallic taste which some people might call 'slightly bitter'. Also I think its possible some ink or blotter paper-related chemicals may themselves have a bitter taste, because I've had some LSD which was a bit more bitter than normal and tests revealed just LSD. That being said, bitterness may also refer to other unwanted substances/ RCs.. I just don't think by itself it is a good indicator and I think people should have made sure of their LSD's purity before having it in their mouth to taste.

1ce
#26 Posted : 1/24/2015 4:42:56 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Pure needlepoint crystalline d-LSD tastes neither bitter nor metallic.

It *is* however indicative of benzodifurans.

Strychnine is a known myth. As in it is an irrefutable fact that it is not present in street LSD. I've seen some testing to show that the average dose of street acid (100mics) is only 20-40% purity. That means you're probably consuming 20-40micrograms D-LSD per hit. How much L-LSD are you consuming with your sub-threshhold hit of acid?

This thread is positively deplorable. You guys need to check your facts. And I expect better out of you endlessness. Not just because you're a long standing member with an impressive 11k posts, but because you are a moderator and people look up to your advice.

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 1/24/2015 5:02:44 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

1ce wrote:
How much L-LSD are you consuming with your sub-threshhold hit of acid?

No L-LSD at all, in all likelihood. iso-LSD, however, is another matter.

I'd also be very cautious about discussing the tase of benzodifurans...

Most of this thread seems quite informative.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

1ce
#28 Posted : 1/24/2015 5:21:32 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
1ce wrote:
How much L-LSD are you consuming with your sub-threshhold hit of acid?

No L-LSD at all, in all likelihood. iso-LSD, however, is another matter.

I'd also be very cautious about discussing the tase of benzodifurans...

Most of this thread seems quite informative.

I'd say L-LSD contaminztion is quite prominant with street acid. Why would you suggest otherwise?

downwardsfromzero
#29 Posted : 1/24/2015 6:51:01 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's the L-isomer that is not obtained from natural sources. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD-25#Chemistry_and_structure
Quote:
LSD is a chiral compound with two stereocenters at the carbon atoms C-5 and C-8, so that theoretically four different optical isomers of LSD could exist. LSD, also called (+)-D-LSD, has the absolute configuration (5R,8R). The C-5 isomers of lysergamides do not exist in nature and are not formed during the synthesis from D-lysergic acid.

So, where did your L-LSD come from? I somehow doubt that folks are carrying out cumbersome and ineffecient total syntheses of ergolines for commercial gain when natural lysergic acid is apparently fairly ubiquitous.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

1ce
#30 Posted : 1/24/2015 6:56:06 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
It's the L-isomer that is not obtained from natural sources. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD-25#Chemistry_and_structure
Quote:
LSD is a chiral compound with two stereocenters at the carbon atoms C-5 and C-8, so that theoretically four different optical isomers of LSD could exist. LSD, also called (+)-D-LSD, has the absolute configuration (5R,8R). The C-5 isomers of lysergamides do not exist in nature and are not formed during the synthesis from D-lysergic acid.

So, where did your L-LSD come from? I somehow doubt that folks are carrying out cumbersome and ineffecient total syntheses of ergolines for commercial gain when natural lysergic acid is apparently fairly ubiquitous.

*facedesk*

endlessness
#31 Posted : 1/24/2015 11:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Pure needlepoint crystalline d-LSD tastes neither bitter nor metallic.

It *is* however indicative of benzodifurans.

Strychnine is a known myth. As in it is an irrefutable fact that it is not present in street LSD. I've seen some testing to show that the average dose of street acid (100mics) is only 20-40% purity. That means you're probably consuming 20-40micrograms D-LSD per hit. How much L-LSD are you consuming with your sub-threshhold hit of acid?

This thread is positively deplorable. You guys need to check your facts. And I expect better out of you endlessness. Not just because you're a long standing member with an impressive 11k posts, but because you are a moderator and people look up to your advice.

What did I say that was wrong? I'm happy to correct any mistake I make.

"I've seen some testing to show that the average dose of street acid (100mics) is only 20-40% purity." Source?

DMiTria
#32 Posted : 1/26/2015 9:26:28 PM

I Think, Therefore I Am Not. Only When The Mind is Silent, I Am

Endlessness:

The the Bunk Police website says to first test with the Ehrlich's Test Kit and then to use the Marquis Test Kit for certainty or for adulterant, does this sound like the right steps to take? Also it's on white blotter paper with no print, how much should I test half a hit or a full hit?
"Cosmic Creativity: Art Is An Echo Of The Creative Force That Birthed The Galaxies. Creativity Is The Way That The Cosmos Evolves And Communicates With Itself. The Great Up Lifting Of Humanity Beyond Its Self-Destruction Is The Redemptive Mission Of Art."

~Alex Grey~

endlessness
#33 Posted : 1/26/2015 9:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I think that sounds good. Neither nbomes nor DO(x) nor bromodragonfly will react with ehrlich, so that test will already tell you a lot.

Let us know how it goes

Half a blotter should be enough to test.

Its possible when you drop the reagent, depending on the container where its being done and amount of reagent,, that the part of the blotter facing down will react but the part facing up not so much, so you can use a knife or something to flip it around after a couple of minutes if you dont see any reaction.

Let us know how it goes, good luck! Smile

Swarupa
#34 Posted : 5/9/2015 9:41:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Testing with ehlrich reagent is a must everytime.

There's something quite beautiful about watching it turn purple. Smile

cruisinalltheway
#35 Posted : 7/14/2015 6:26:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

most of my friends tabs tested pink, one analogue was the only one turning purple. using no more than 1/4 tab developed results within 10-15min

marz
#36 Posted : 7/15/2015 11:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coja wrote:
Now try to distinguish LSD from 1P-LSD ... things are getting loopy with the lysergics these days.

Yes 1p-lsd will turn light light pink/purple
Things are getting crazy.
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

Swarupa
#37 Posted : 8/12/2015 5:24:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A word of warning that DOC is currently being passed off as LSD on a copycat of the famous 'Fat Freddys Cat' print, so although you may think a certain print is reliable be sure to test your samples everytime!

soulfood
#38 Posted : 8/12/2015 6:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Chronic wrote:
A word of warning that DOC is currently being passed off as LSD on a copycat of the 'Fat Freddys Cat' print that's been around for a few years, so although you may think a certain print is reliable be sure to test your samples everytime!

I figure an LSD blotter will very rarely contain more than 4-500 mics whereas DOC generally contains at least 2-3mg and will literally have a bitter crystal coating that is much more noticeable than the taste of blotter art ink.

DO-X blotters are noticeably wider and thicker than LSD, so if you know what you're looking for the difference is fairly easy to spot.

Swarupa
#39 Posted : 8/12/2015 7:25:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The size of the blotter should be a dead giveaway, so anyone familiar with the original LSD print or with identifying LSD in general would have suspicions straight away. The testing centre said it contained 2.7mg of DOC so the blotter must be pretty large.

brilliantlydim
#40 Posted : 1/13/2016 5:12:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would testing blotter with Ehrlich not work if you accidently added too much Ehrlich?

Its hard to control the amount of Ehrlich coming out of the bottle and I tried a couple times but it was like a 16th of a blotter in a few drops of Ehrlich. Those did not seem to react, but I am wondering if they were to saturated.

The only time I got purple was when I dropped Ehrlich on to a plate and let it thin out, then I got some purple stain on the plate around where the small piece of blotter was, is this confirmation enough of an indole?

I'm interested in trying L for the first time, but I really don't want to take anything but the real deal. If I rule out the DOx's and the Nbome with the ehrlich, what are the chances I'm getting one of this other substitute substances.

I'm such a noob to this stuff, I don't even know anyone IRL that can help me out.

PREV123NEXT