We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
I lost a friend. dmt and setting was the reason. Options

hixidom
#41 Posted : 8/8/2012 12:19:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry for your loss, Oly. I've never really paid much attention to the risks of my setting just before vaping DMT, but I will always remember this story now. I'm sorry you lost your friend. Much love to him and his friends and family.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

olympus mon
#42 Posted : 8/8/2012 7:07:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Thank you everyone for your love and support. I avoided this thread for a while needing to put it behind me while i grieved and processed this all. Thank you all.

Tyler! My brother Im so happy your ok! Yes setting can be a dangerous thing and you were quite lucky. It was always my intent to shed some light on the dangers we face but never realize in regards to psychedelics and setting. Your story was a huge help in getting this message accross and Im happy Trav made this a sticky.

Lets be careful out there everyone and always watch out for each other.

Love and Light!
Om'
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

DudeMeetTyler
#43 Posted : 8/8/2012 9:32:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Mon,

I did not intend to take over this thread with my story, I was just trying to convey the importance of setting to each psychedelic experience..

Much love and condolences to all those who have pained from this tragedy..
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

SKA
#44 Posted : 8/8/2012 10:49:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My condoleances,OlympusMon.
Waters-edge, alone, vaporising DMT...... That does strike me as potentially risky, if even only slightly.
So I guess being alone was the gravest mistake. From the rolled up pants legs and the
bare feet it would seem he was foot-bathing in the river when he fell in. Poor guy.

Thanks for sharing this difficult story with us, OlympusMon.
Let it be a warning to all us deepmind-divers to allways
travel safe & be well-prepared to whatever may come to pass.

DoingKermit
#45 Posted : 8/8/2012 1:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So sorry, olympus. What a sad incident to have happened during what seemed like a lovely gathering of friends.

A similar thing happened to one of my friends here in London, but with ketamine. He fell into the canal in Camden after going off to use a toilet somewhere and unfortunately drowned.

Keep safe everyone.

Hyperspace Fool
#46 Posted : 8/8/2012 1:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a tragedy.

Oly... my sincere sympathies to you and everyone connected to Paul or the gathering.

Tyler, glad to hear you narrowly avoided a tragedy of your own.

I won't try to turn this into an abstract lesson, or wrap it up neatly in some protocols we should all institute... people make tragic mistakes all the time (even while stone cold sober).

May these kinds of events stay far away from all you lovely people.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

teotenakeltje
#47 Posted : 8/8/2012 2:50:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm very sorry to hear that Sad

It must be hard for you...
I wish you and his family all the best.

kaos.underwave
#48 Posted : 8/9/2012 2:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My condolences Olympus. I hope Paul knew happiness in his life. Poor chap.
So sorry to hear about someone going like this, take care of yourselves.
Onwards and upwards

Coastal_Shaman
#49 Posted : 8/9/2012 8:18:49 AM

"That Guy"

I offer my deepest condolences Olympus Mon, I will never do spice on my dock, or at my favorite river spot without a sitter again. This has made me seriously reconsider what I thought about responsible set and setting.

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Rivea
#50 Posted : 8/9/2012 3:16:57 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Olympus,

I feel for you a lot. I've had a couple losses because of illness and subsequent death this year. One was my little furry friend Punununu who died of cancer in May Punununu_12_Years_ago , and then my friend David died suddenly of an aortic aneurysm 15 days ago.

As for your friend and his drowning I don't have a clue why things go down as they do. It is really difficult dealing with the sadness around the singularity of death and the sense of loss. Although I have not been in the situation where I may have been able to help prevent it, I think that would make even more difficult dealing with the loss.

I just offer my heartfelt sympathy and relate a lot.

Thanks for the reminder for us to be watchful of each other with this powerful substance.

Love ya brother,

Rivea
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Cosmic_Reality
#51 Posted : 8/11/2012 8:47:40 PM

***Colony Wars***

Im sorry about what happened, its real unfortunate Sad. What did the police say/do? since dmt was envolved.
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

Coastal_Shaman
#52 Posted : 8/12/2012 1:49:36 AM

"That Guy"

Cosmic_Reality wrote:
Im sorry about what happened, its real unfortunate Sad. What did the police say/do? since dmt was envolved.

I would hope that those items were put away before the coroner/authorities showed up... The media would have an absolute hayday if they weren't.

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Cosmic_Reality
#53 Posted : 8/13/2012 2:52:29 AM

***Colony Wars***

Coastal_Shaman wrote:
Cosmic_Reality wrote:

I would hope that those items were put away before the coroner/authorities showed up... The media would have an absolute hayday if they weren't.

C_S

Yeah thats for sure...
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

Jalaxaposse
#54 Posted : 1/23/2015 9:03:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Olympus,

Your friend's death must have been a devastating experience. I'm so saddened to hear of any loss, either of life or mind, from entheogens. Regrettably your friends death was avoidable and your post has certainly made people aware of the importance of setting and having a sitter.

My mother recently suffered a stroke while smoking DMT, I was there and administering. You can read the full post here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=62514

I too hope that this alerts people to the power and potential consequences of these entheogens with older people and those that may have heart/BP issues. My mother may have been an exception but none the less she had a stroke induced by smoking DMT and an extreme spike in blood pressure (probably due to high anxiety) and users should be made aware.

I also hope that an Admin can put a link on the Health and Safety Wiki under the "Where, how, how much to take section. I saw a link to your thread and I strongly feel that a link to my thread would be helpful so as you warn older users (+50 years) and users you may have heart or blood pressure issues to be careful. Small doses only or perhaps abstain from DMT all together.

Thank you and prayer of light and love to you and your friend.

J

PREV123