We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
One green xtal among white snow Options

FiniteFox
#1 Posted : 1/19/2015 6:15:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just finished doing Cyb's salt tek on 200 g of ACRB and now have an intriguing green crystal inside of a sea of white dmt.

Here are some of the relevant facts (feel free to ask for more if I haven't covered it)

- After all the pulls and the mini A/B to clean, the final pulls were made from fresh VM&P Naptha, which has evap'ed cleanly before.
- I have used this nap and ACRB successfully before; no issues.
- The lye used in the cleaning A/B was from a new brand & bottle, which claimed to be 99%+ pure. I did find a small chunk of off color beads smashed together, but I discarded those and only used what looked to be clean caustic soda.
- The nap I used was from the bottom of the barrel (finished the can with the last pull).
- Green crystal was not present after I decanted excess nap post freeze precip - everything was mostly dry and white. Return a few hours later and boom - a leprechaun.
- The glass dish was propped up to drain any excess nap, the green crystal was at the bottom lip of the dish.

My questions:

- Do I need to wash/re-x the whole batch? Or can I just discard the one errant green spot?
- Even though my nap was shaken, inverted while pouring, etc ... and it had been shown to evap clean prior ... and the MSDS say's it hasn't got anything in it but Naptha ... perhaps there is a rust inhibitor in the can and it coloured a crystal?
- What do you think has happened?
FiniteFox attached the following image(s):
IMG_20150118_175241.jpg (1,121kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
IMG_20150118_175258.jpg (1,112kb) downloaded 156 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

smokerx
#2 Posted : 1/19/2015 8:09:12 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

1.Lye was not clean , it should be 100% clean.

2.Something fell in after extraction just before you put it in freezer.

Maybe you could just remove that peace and a bit more and then r-ex but I am a bit worried that there may be more bad stuff from lye as you said it was not 100% lye

I would personally used only 100% lye

Look at this tek I did no need lye if you cant get one

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=62593&find=unread

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/21/2015 1:37:03 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Something has fallen in the re-x and if you look closely you can see the colour has leached slightly into the surrounding crystals.

P.S. not really advanced/enhanced chemistry...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

frobot
#4 Posted : 1/22/2015 1:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would think that something fell in that you didn't see.
The lye should be fine. I don't think ANYTHING is ever 100% pure. Even ACS grade chemicals will say 99.9% pure.
If it was me I'd get rid of the green spot and hold on to the rest and wait a few days to see if anyone posts anything here. Maybe someone had a similar experience. But I would assume the rest is fine.

FiniteFox
#5 Posted : 1/23/2015 4:39:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote=downwardsfromzero]Something has fallen in the re-x and if you look closely you can see the colour has leached slightly into the surrounding crystals.

P.S. not really advanced/enhanced chemistry...[/quote=downwardsfromzero]

No argument from me - I'm not an advanced chemist so I don't know when there isn't some crazy chemical stuff going on.

[quote=frobot]
I would think that something fell in that you didn't see.
The lye should be fine. I don't think ANYTHING is ever 100% pure. Even ACS grade chemicals will say 99.9% pure.
If it was me I'd get rid of the green spot and hold on to the rest and wait a few days to see if anyone posts anything here. Maybe someone had a similar experience. But I would assume the rest is fine.[/quote=frobot]

Agreed on the 99.9% lye - I don't really think lye would have done it. I'm of the mind that if lye was the culprit you'd see green dmt like this WAY more often.

IMO, I'm leaning towards solvent impurities, as the green dmt was at the bottom where the nap was pooling the most while drying.

Plus, I've read a few reports of people using Coleman's fuel as their their solvent and getting green/pink crystals from either a dye or a rust inhibitor - so it seemed plausible that another solvent could have similar impurities.