We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cluster headache suffers Options

spawn9076
#1 Posted : 1/13/2015 11:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I Have suffered from cluster Headaches for the past 5 years, I have tried many many things and frankly im getting bored of sumatriptans and such being put into my body with little or no effect.

I came across the article
http://www.dailymail.co....-drilling-hole-head.html

and I have empathy for the guy I really do, I've felt close to suicidal at time from it when you've been woken up 2am for 7 days straight to endure pain like no other for a few hours then to suffer exhaustion the morning after. its life ruining I know.

I couldn't personally have a whole drilled through my skull and a battery powered electrode place inside my brain. (from further research he still suffered but less frequent). What are you views on this surgery?

Since I have started a little experiment I have going at the moment I have noticed not one single cluster headache has effected me from dosing DMT. its a short time at the moment so further research is needed on my half but I thoroughly believe I am fully preventing them through use of DMT currently looking for any research anyone has regarding this.

I can provide dosage and usage but I've been cluster headache free for 2 months straight which has been life changing for me. and it could be life changing for others.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

1ce
#2 Posted : 1/14/2015 12:21:39 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

I too have clusters, and I can say that since I've started taking psychedelics I have only had 1 cluster in a several year span.

Varni
#3 Posted : 1/14/2015 12:37:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This could be of some interest. They didn't use DMT but LSD and psilocybin definitely had positive effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16801660
A naked man fears no pickpocket.

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 1/14/2015 12:58:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trepanning has been around for centuries, I remember watching a documentary on it in late 90s. I think they were talking in same lines of trying to relieve an ailment. I think a small hole in skull also allows brain to pulsate as it did when you were an infant before your plates fused. I would keep up that work your putting in and keep a journal on intensity of next ones and length of time in between using any dmt, hopefully you don't have anymore, but in case you do then maybe you'll see on paper any correlation between using and not using any and maybe pass that info on to other sufferers. From 1ce's response, sounds promising to continue what you are doing. Wish you the best of luck!

djsnexus
#5 Posted : 1/14/2015 1:33:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can attest to the effectiveness of dosing spice and a decrease in headaches. I've had them chronically since I was a child.

Recently while I was sitting through a normal headache that just ache from the back of the head to right up behind the eyes I took a dose of spice and realized upon returning that my headache had dissipated and did not return. I was more than happy Very happy

-djsnexus

1ce
#6 Posted : 1/14/2015 1:34:23 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

In some countries they use bromo-LSD as a treatment for clusters. It is illegal in the US (ofc..) but a known brand is called BOL-148. I may be mistaken but IIRC it held a 100% success rate at treating clusters. Check it out! Pscilocin has also been used. My understanding of the phenomena is that the part of the brain that regulates pain/biological clock (thalamus?) is suppresses by most indole psychedelics and it is this refreshing reboot that puts clusters into remission.

djsnexus
#7 Posted : 1/14/2015 1:44:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
In some countries they use bromo-LSD as a treatment for clusters. It is illegal in the US (ofc..) but a known brand is called BOL-148. I may be mistaken but IIRC it held a 100% success rate at treating clusters. Check it out! Pscilocin has also been used. My understanding of the phenomena is that the part of the brain that regulates pain/biological clock (thalamus?) is suppresses by most indole psychedelics and it is this refreshing reboot that puts clusters into remission.

Thanks, 1ce!

A quick googling brought this one up:

http://www.entheogencorp.com/chemistry/

"Cluster headache patients discovered on their own that use of either LSD or psilocybin, both Schedule I controlled substances, can bring partial or complete relief from cluster attacks. Eventually presented to Dr. Halpern and colleagues, the next step of evaluation led to his group publishing a case series on 53 cluster headache patients who used one or both of these drugs to treat their condition. The descriptions of treatment efficacy in this publication suggest LSD and psilocybin are better at aborting acute attacks than either oxygen or triptans and that LSD and psilocybin are better at both inducing and extending remission than standard drugs. Free from LSD-like intoxication, BOL-148 may be especially therapeutic at a dose level not possible with LSD. Powerful positive treatment results on attack abortion, cycle interruption, and extension of remission have been captured and no currently approved medications offer such comprehensive symptom relief."

Spaced Out 2
#8 Posted : 1/14/2015 1:45:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll have to remember that when I get one, so I can try this myself. I don't by any means get super bad ones that immobilize me. I only seem to get one when an extreme high pressure system moves through my area. I will try it though, good input my friendsThumbs up

spawn9076
#9 Posted : 1/16/2015 6:07:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just for everyone's information i've found a dose of 10mg if taken on the onset almost immediately aborts the headache. my headaches are very severe in nature both pain and being rendered useless, they usually last for up to 2 or 3 hours and leave me exhausted, just want to collapse, I become very dehydrated and cold when it has passed. It would also appear that a 10mg dose is enough to prevent this. i will be conducting further research regarding this. as long as i don't run dry of spice!

my symptoms are as usual cluster headache sufferers'
reddening of the eye
extreme pain like a red hot poker being forced into your eye
always effects my right side
sometimes accompanied with
nausea
and being unable to do anything, pace the room hold face in pain :/.

for me this is going to be life changing and it has been already! I hope this can help others

Metanoia
#10 Posted : 1/17/2015 4:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use psilocybin as my main treatment for cluster headaches. I suffered severe migraines as a child, and the cluster headaches began in early puberty. I only get mild to moderate migraines when I get too dehydrated now, and haven't had a cluster attack for several years. I'm certain if I stopped using tryptamines that they would return with a vengeance.

Since my regular dose of psilocybin keeps the attacks at bay, I haven't tried to use DMT to abort an attack yet. Frankly, I don't want to subject myself to that level of pain again. Psilocybin works very well, even at fairly low doses (~2 grams). Salvia divinorum has also worked to abort migraines in the past. The same with LSA seeds (specifically Ololiuqui).

Redguard
#11 Posted : 1/17/2015 6:01:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
I use psilocybin as my main treatment for cluster headaches. I suffered severe migraines as a child, and the cluster headaches began in early puberty. I only get mild to moderate migraines when I get too dehydrated now, and haven't had a cluster attack for several years. I'm certain if I stopped using tryptamines that they would return with a vengeance.

Since my regular dose of psilocybin keeps the attacks at bay, I I don't want to subject myself to that levelhaven't tried to use DMT to abort an attack yet. Frankly, of pain again. Psilocybin works very well, even at fairly low doses (~2 grams). Salvia divinorum has also worked to abort migraines in the past. The same with LSA seeds (specifically Ololiuqui).

I still have a bunch of holes in the wall I need to patch up from my last bout of clusters. They are so odd, I always end up going through many changes in my life when I'm through my cluster. For me spice is more of a temporary relief and mushrooms is where the magic is at.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Spaced Out 2
#12 Posted : 1/17/2015 6:10:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, I'll have to try this when I get one to see if it intensifies briefly. I think mine are from sinus issues so I don't know if this would help but only one way to find out.

Horuscope
#13 Posted : 1/17/2015 7:20:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have not had terrible cluster headaches in a few years. I've had shadows and lighter ones but nothing that makes me rock. I found that my wife was able to decrease the pain by massaging my temple and digging her finger into it. I can't really do it myself, it has something to do with it being her, its her magic ability and she has been able to do it since we first met. I also put ice on my eye and once it gets cold i remove it and get a moment of relief. Drinking espresso also sometimes helps.

As far as DMT to help with cluster headaches, it would be amazing if you are on to something. Maybe medical DMT could be something in the future for those who experice clusters. I will try this the next time i have one!

spawn9076
#14 Posted : 1/17/2015 11:40:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiritofspice, I think I understand what you are saying I would describe it as a pop. It usually intensifies a bit then peaks, then realises like gas and then sensation of relief is unbelievable.

if you out and about or don't have access to such tools I've discovered closing my eyes and meditating and isolating this pain will greatly reduce the pain it wont abort it but it will make it more bearable.

I find meditating whilst sat upright and closed eyes will give you much less pain than if your walk about, hold your eye etc. I sit cross legged and endure the pain if i have no choice sometimes for upto 3 hours!