We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
P.Viridis leaves? Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 12/29/2014 11:39:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So much talk about active barks i wonder if dryed P Vrdis leafe is active enough to try in extractions..?
From what i read it has been used with caapi vine for many years in some south american societys..
It also sounded like it contained quite high amount of alcaloids if harvested at right time of day?

Is it legle and easier to get than our traditional barks?
just curious..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 12/30/2014 7:00:54 AM

Homo discens

Any plant with a high DMT content will fall into the same legal grey-area as MHRB: technically illegal but still easily obtainable. IME, the leaves of Psychotria viridis are not any easier to acquire than MHRB or ACRB. But P. viridis is however fairly easy to cultivate, and it probably grows faster than Acacia and Mimosa species.

P. viridis absolutely has a high enough alkaloid content to be used for extractions, provided one has enough leaf material to start with. There are some great threads on the forum which contain basic outlines for extracting DMT from leaf sources. Here are two of my favorites: Jamie's Iso Tek and AlbertKLoyd's Phalaris Tek. Both use similar methods and both should work for most leaf sources with a high DMT content. Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

starway6
#3 Posted : 12/30/2014 11:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting!... Thanks!Thumbs up

pinkoyd
#4 Posted : 12/31/2014 4:15:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

If you grow P. viridis with the expectation that it'll outgrow a Mimosa or Acacia you're going to be in for a rude shock. They are notoriously slow growers even in their native habitat.

The plus side is that you don't have to wait for maturity in order to harvest usable material as with Mimosa roots. Also, it's an understory shrub that requires far less light than either of the other two and it doesn't mind being rootbound in pots. Acacias and Mimosa typically do better in the ground so you have to have a fair amount of outside space for them. But they will rapidly outpace and ultimately get much larger than pokey little viridis.
I already asked Alice.

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 1/4/2015 5:59:29 AM

Homo discens

pinkoyd wrote:
If you grow P. viridis with the expectation that it'll outgrow a Mimosa or Acacia you're going to be in for a rude shock. They are notoriously slow growers even in their native habitat.

The plus side is that you don't have to wait for maturity in order to harvest usable material as with Mimosa roots. Also, it's an understory shrub that requires far less light than either of the other two and it doesn't mind being rootbound in pots. Acacias and Mimosa typically do better in the ground so you have to have a fair amount of outside space for them. But they will rapidly outpace and ultimately get much larger than pokey little viridis.

I didn't mean that P. viridis would grow larger than a Mimosa hostilis or Acacia confusa tree, I meant that it takes a lot longer for a Mimosa or Acacia tree to be mature enough to be harvested and ingested/extracted than it would for P. viridis.

My P. viridis plants grown from leaf cuttings tooka while to sprout little plantlings, but ever since then they have grown relatively quickly.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/6/2015 8:04:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How nice it would be if there were a couple of P.viridis cuttings in my house...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli