We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sweet flag root Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 12/30/2014 2:44:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last last week I had my first experience with the vine. I've been having insights since.

2 days later, I was at the herb shop and felt drawn to sweet flag, so I purchase 1 oz.
I had only read a little about it so when I got home, I looked at erowid.

I found this gem of a report: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=8800

So I added a little to some high-quality cannibis and had a very insightful experience. To me sweet flag has subtle entheogenic qualities.

Does anyone else consider this plant their ally? Teacher?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MaNoMaNoM
#2 Posted : 12/30/2014 4:22:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting! Haven't had time to read that erowid report,
but i've read chewing on the roots can cause hallucinations because
sweetflag contain asarone which is a precursor to TriMethoxyAmphetamine.

(also toxic migght be dangerous) Neutral
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

BundleflowerPower
#3 Posted : 12/30/2014 4:35:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It was possibly the best report I've ever read. It's written by someone who understands the plants. He lays out how to approach the plant, or any plant for that matter, with respect.

Also I didn't use much. Just a tiny pinch mixed with herb, and only chewed a pinch.

I've seen it growing in my area as well. Can't wait to see it again and try chewing fresh root right out of the ground.

blue lunar night
#4 Posted : 12/30/2014 4:54:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've enjoyed a tincture of the Japanese Sweet Flag, Acorus gramineus from Al-Qemi.

I was attracted to A. gramineus because I'd read that it tends to grow around waterfalls...

It definitely had a subtle but distinct energetic cleansing effect, like dipping into a pool. I also had an impression of a sentient personality.

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 12/31/2014 4:17:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's exactly what I mean. Wild plants seem to have more of this energy. I can't wait to find it growing

BundleflowerPower
#6 Posted : 1/6/2015 6:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reading more into this plant, I've found something which is very interesting. In a paper http://sci.odu.edu/biolo...ations/Motley_Acorus.pdf which appeared in the journal of economic botany, vol 48, "the ethnobotany of sweet flag," I read that sweet flag has been used in India to reduce the side effects of other entheogenic plants.

Has anyone ever used this plant as an ayahuasca additive? I think some experimentation is in order.

The same claim is mentioned in this article http://entheology.com/pl...alamus-var-americanus-2/

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/6/2015 10:22:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Calamus is nice. Makes a good addition to spiced coffee. I grow A.gramineus in my garden. Very robust and low maintenance (in my temperate maritime part of the world). It's a useful addition to a reed bed system.

Also, I've chewed sweet flag root and cacao nibs as a helpful adjunct to hard physical work.

The bit about asarone I think is only a small part of the story, the "TMA-2 precursor" spiel being especially misleading as there is no evidence whatsoever of the endogenous production of TMA-2 from asarone. There's more to it than the essential oils. What, exactly - I can't say.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BundleflowerPower
#8 Posted : 1/13/2015 12:03:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Calamus goes very nicely with aya / anahuasca imo. I consumed some of a tincture I made just before taking 140 mg of extracted harmalas and 5 g ACRB. Very entheogenic and almost as powerful as the 6 g of rue and 10 g of ACRB that I consumed the night before, but not quite.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 1/15/2015 1:52:08 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Calamus settles the stomach quite nicely, which may help.

Edit: Also, interactions with CYPxxx systems may help potentiate things, as well as synergies from the as-yet-undefined central activity.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli