We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anandamide(AEA) and Palmitoylethanolamide(PEA) and other interesting amides Options

MaNoMaNoM
#1 Posted : 12/22/2014 11:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So i have just come across this post on the shroomery,
that mentions sea urchin eggs containing anandamide.

SO anandamide is some kindof cannabinoid, possibly very similar to THC, and active.
Also came across Palmitoylethanolamide(PEA), another interesting legal cannabinoid.

Does anyone know about these, or similar substances? Confused
i read somewhere anandamide is called 'the bliss molecule'.

"from wiki"
Physiological functions

Anandamide's effects can be either central, in the brain, or peripheral, in other parts of the body. These distinct effects are mediated primarily by CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system, and CB2 cannabinoid receptors in the periphery.[7] The latter are mainly involved in functions of the immune system. Cannabinoid receptors were originally discovered as being sensitive to Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC, commonly called THC), which is the primary psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. The discovery of anandamide came from research into CB1 and CB2, as it was inevitable that a naturally occurring (endogenous) chemical would be found to affect these receptors.

Anandamide has been shown to impair working memory in rats.[8] Studies are under way to explore what role anandamide plays in human behavior, such as eating and sleep patterns, and pain relief.

Anandamide is also important for implantation of the early stage embryo in its blastocyst form into the uterus. Therefore cannabinoids such as Δ9-THC might influence processes during the earliest stages of human pregnancy.[9] Peak plasma anandamide occurs at ovulation and positively correlates with peak estradiol and gonadotrophin levels, suggesting that these may be involved in the regulation of AEA (anandamide) levels.[10] Subsequently, anandamide has been proposed as a biomarker of infertility, but so far lacks any predictive values in order to be used clinically.[11]

Anandamide plays a role in the regulation of feeding behavior, and the neural generation of motivation and pleasure. In addition, anandamide injected directly into the forebrain reward-related brain structure nucleus accumbens enhances the pleasurable responses of rats to a rewarding sucrose taste, and enhances food intake as well.[7][12]

A study published in 1998 shows that anandamide inhibits human breast cancer cell proliferation.[13] Some studies have linked anandamide release as a mechanism of analgesic effects induced by exercise, particularly by running.[14]

In 1996, researchers discovered anandamide in chocolate. They also detected the presence of two substances that might mimic the effects of anandamide, N-oleoylethanolamine and N-linoleoylethanolamine.[15]

Let you know more when i do. Big grin
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

GOD
#2 Posted : 12/23/2014 12:07:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if anandamide is oraly active ? IV ? Or do we need to inject it directly into our brains ?
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

MaNoMaNoM
#3 Posted : 12/23/2014 3:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good question! Seems collective conscious is kicking in this thread here.
So black truffles contain anandamide...
Scientist suspect they make anandamide so animals eat the mushroom to spread the spores.

Palmitoylethanolamide looks to be more easily available, and could be very useful for pain.

i found another related Nexus post about anandamide.
And attaching an interesting pdf i found....Wut?
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

GOD
#4 Posted : 12/23/2014 3:45:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Results
Relaxation to PEA and OEA
PEA induced a concentration-dependent relaxation of rat isolated mesenteric arteries pEC50¼5.3±0.2, Emax¼ 72±10%,n¼5). Removal of the endothelium substantially reduced the relaxations (Emax¼18±4%,n¼5;Po0.01). OEA also induced mesenteric relaxation, and endothelium
removal significantly reduced the potency but not the maximal effect of OEA-induced relaxations (with endothelium, pEC50¼5.7±0.1,Emax¼100±1%,n¼6; without
endothelium, pEC50¼5.1±0.1, Emax¼91±3%, n¼5; Po0.01).

Questions ---- >

What are " rat isolated mesenteric arteries " ? Bits of murdeed rats brains in petry dishes ? And arterial relaxation ? And what relevance has that to humans getting stoned ?
I am autism spectum ........ please dont burn me at the stake for being honest .

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/23/2014 5:14:34 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

afaik, anandamide has a half-life of something like 4 s. it's rapidly metabolized by FAAH.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MaNoMaNoM
#6 Posted : 12/23/2014 6:02:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i read somewhere PEA, OEO, and/or AEA by being metabolized by FAAH. also inhibits FAAH,
which is thought to be the reason for it's anesthetic (and i forget, maybe euphoric) effects.
Also read the inhibition of FAAH is the reason that acetaminophen (tylenol) works for pain.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

benzyme
#7 Posted : 12/23/2014 6:25:08 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

how can they be metabolized by, and inhibit FAAH, unless present in concentrations which exceed Vmax?
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

MaNoMaNoM
#8 Posted : 12/23/2014 8:53:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well iam just learning as i go, and i don't really know what's happening!Very happy

i thought MAOI's work that same way,
by 'using up' all of the MAO's available.

Had to lookup Vmax, but i figured it meant the max amount that can be processed.

Perhaps they do exceed the Vmax of FAAH..

"QUOTEs from the website palmitoylethanolamide4pain"
"
PeaPure comes in capsules of 400 mg, containing finely powdered (micronized) pure PEA, no pharmaceutical additives or fillers or any artificial additive.

You can start taking three 4 400 mg capsules a day, in 2 or 3 gifts. The dose can be increased up to 2400 mg daily. Mostly we advise patients to double the dose only after 4 weeks, and only in case of issuficient efficaccy.

If pain improves after some weeks to 2 months one might want to decrease dose to 2 times 400 mg.

If no improvement after 2-3 months, stop. Painkillers such as PEA, but also Neurontin, Lyrica and Amitriptyline (brand name Elavil all need time to reset the system, mostly 1-2 months.

"
In table 1 we see the efficacy of PEA compared to many other painkillers. There is one issue to understand, because PEA modulates via various natural mechanisms of the body, the analgesic effects are build up day by day; most people notice the effects within 1 week, but sometimes 6-8 weeks is required, especially for chronic pain syndromes. To reset the system the molecule needs some time.
"

Taking two or three grams of PEA a day, sounds like it's reaching Vmax dosages.
Also that it can take several weeks to really start working, but iam only guessing.

Since PEA is a cannabinoid somehow, i wonder if it could help for cannabis withdrawal?

*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

GOD
#9 Posted : 12/23/2014 9:17:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My opinion.

That web site looks dodgy to me . The " info " that i have seen there was about rats not humans . It mostly came from one man . The doses of a natural brain chemical are insane in comparison to how much is usualy in a persons brain / body ? It talks about helping against lots of ailments ........ i was quite suprised that they didnt claim that it helps against AIDS , ebola and bald heads . It takes 2 to 6 weeks to show results .

How would that compare to a placebo and 6 weeks of psychotherapy ?

Is this the same as the situation with ibogain = There is very much talk ....... a lot of it fanatical ...... but no evidence that it helps with adiction . Or as with idiotic subjective claims about cannabis curing cancer .

pitubo
#10 Posted : 12/23/2014 9:55:54 PM

dysfunctional word machine

For sure, palmitoylethanolamine (PEA) will not get you stoned or high. I know someone who is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, who had been using cannabis for years as medication to mitigate MS symptoms, but grew tired of the various "side effects" of cannabis and switched to PEA.

She says that for her, PEA has a marked effect in alleviating MS symptoms. As far as I know she does not use it all the time, only when her symptoms play up does she take largish doses. Some other people whom she knows who also suffer from MS have claimed less benefit from it.

MaNoMaNoM
#11 Posted : 12/23/2014 10:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agree with you on most of points....
The site looks like a marketing scheme,
but i didn't claim facts, only quotes.

idk about ibogain, idk thought it did help.
Have you ever seen RUN FROM THE CURE?
about cannabis extract curing melanoma.
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

GOD
#12 Posted : 12/23/2014 10:58:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My opinion .

" idk about ibogain, idk thought it did help. "

Last time i looked the therapy was 2 years long acompanyed by psychotherapy . Other people do 2 years of psychotherapy without the ibogain and get cured . The longest therapys that i have seen other than that were at the most 6 months long . A friend who has been a therapy resistant junkie for maybe 30 years is doing it now . He is doing MUCH better in this therapy ...... because its acompanyed for 6 months .

Then people say " Yes but the people who took the ibogain are long term adicts that were resistant to other therapys ".

My answer ---- > Did the ibogain cure them or the show ? The initiations rituals that natives do are along the lines of learys tibetan book of the dead / ego death crap = Put the fear of god up a person untill their egos panic and overload so much that the brain ignores it / starts a self defence program that we can / sometimes experience as " ego death " ?

That initiation ritual binds them together through fear and joint experience . Group psychology . The same thing often happens to soldiers . They go through a life threatening situation together and are then mentaly bonded together like family .

From memory ....... Howard Lotsof started it . Then when people pointed out holes in the idea he and others changed the way of doing it ....... and kept doing it untill we get to the situation now .

The pregnant question is ---- > Is it the ibogain chemisty or the 2 years acompanyed therapy ? How do the results of an ibogain therapy compare to 2 years of acompanyed psychotherapy with and without a different hallucinogen ?

@ Ego death

Isnt that IDIOTIC ? The ego doesnt die . If it dies we die . Isnt telling people = their ego that take a drug like LSD that they will / can experience ego death more than iresponsible ? The ego doesnt die we circumvent it and we dont need to put the fear of god up someone to do it . Personaly i talk to mine . made friends with it , explain what i am going to do and why , explain the bennefits for me and it ....... and now it dont get problems with it .

EDIT ---- >

" Have you ever seen RUN FROM THE CURE? about cannabis extract curing melanoma."

Yes thats one of the things i am talking about . From what i have been told ....... EVERYONE has cancer ......... cancerous cells are normal and the body deals with them . The problems come when the body doesnt deal with them .

Spontanious / unexplained cures are not rare . Some people have had massive tumors that were suposed to kill them but the tumor just went away . The body dealt with it .

Then there are false diagnosies .

I took penecilin when i had bacteria . i also wore green socks on that day ........ was it the penecilin that cured me or the socks ? ........ meaning . Cannabis was aplyed but was it the cure ? The claims are subjective .

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 12/24/2014 1:33:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There's a metabolite of ibogaine called noribogaine that has been speculated to fill opioid receptors, so the opioid addict can pull off of opiates without pain or withdrawl. Ibogaine is not said to be a "cure" for addiction, it's said to be able to disrupt addiction, and at least in the case of opioid addicts I think that may be the case.

-EG

null24
#14 Posted : 12/24/2014 11:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This thread has been derailed.

I had some things to say re:this ibogaine/addiction talk, but none of what i was thinking was very christ-like, and there's no way to argue with emotional irrationality disguised as logic. Thumbs down

And it's all off topic.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

benzyme
#15 Posted : 12/25/2014 1:14:34 AM

analytical chemist

not sure what "christ-like" has anything to do with anything, other than the dubious distinction of a "holiday", which is more of a corporate celebration of consumption than anything else.

Rolling eyes

null24
#16 Posted : 12/25/2014 1:56:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

benzyme wrote:
not sure what "christ-like" has anything to do with anything, other than the dubious distinction of a "holiday", which is more of a corporate celebration of consumption than anything else.

Rolling eyes

Was referring to the fact i had nothing nice to say. You know, brotherly love, blabla. Sorry if i hit a sore spot. Was actually being facetious.

Just thought the OP is interesting and felt god's statements to be derailing to it as well as a tad ignorant. I should have been more specific, but didn't want to call anyone our and felt context could clarify the statement.

And no, don't really buy into Xmas either. Happy Thursday
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*