We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Confusa vs. Mimosa Hostilis Options

dimitrihostilis
#1 Posted : 12/16/2014 1:43:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard that the acacia is a cheaper alternative but contains more NN-DMT, and tends to come out gooey. Can anyone help shed some light on the differences and possible pros and cons?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BringsUsTogether
#2 Posted : 12/16/2014 2:12:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just a heads up, NN-DMT is the same as the ordinary DMT you're used to hearing about. What acacias have that make them more goey is called NMT. Taking a good look of the chemical structure of these two molecules should clear things up a little.

Acacia pros:
cheaper, easier to find, less known as a source

Acacia cons:
More NMT, an acid stage is required for decent yields

Mimosa pros:
opposite of all Acacia cons

Mimosa cons:
opposite of all Acacia pros

ScientificMethod
#3 Posted : 12/17/2014 4:41:39 PM

The_Scientific_Method

You have more NMT in the Acacia, not more NN-DMT. NN-DMT is what you do want, and is what people are referring to when they say "DMT."

I had the same concerns working with Acacia Confusia, but these were not problems for me. On my first extraction, I did indeed yeild a goo. Upon use of that goo, it was some of the strongest spice I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Then I did a much larger extraction and was REALLY careful to filter and follow all steps as precisely as I could. The yeild on that second extraction was 100% crystal. I expected that it'd be goo, but it was not at all.

As for the higher prevalence of NMT vs DMT, I haven't noticed this being a "problem." I use this extraction very very regularly, and although I've had one source tell me that it isn't as strong as some of the extractions he's had in the past, it has been plenty strong to get me to full blast on many occasions.
All of my posts are entirely fictional. I am a writer, and as a means to research the life of a fictional character that I'm writing about, I post on the Nexus to get into character. In real life I have no interest or interaction with mind-altering substances.

Intezam
#4 Posted : 12/18/2014 7:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ACRB is easier to drink then MHRB (it may still taste like moth balls cooked with kinnngg Tut's mummified ̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶e̶̶l̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶&̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶c̶̶r̶̶o̶̶t̶̶u̶̶m̶ scalp) but overall less tannins it seems.Surprised

Then, if you follow this tek, you will not end up with goo but friendly fluffyness. Thumbs up

Also mimosa H. may need a break. The Philippines, having strict and unclear phytosanitary restrictions on all plant material exports (need phytosanitary certificate) appear to be covered in AC. So there is at least one large native habitat, where AC is currently largely left alone.