We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
acacia floribunda extraction? Options

acacian
#1 Posted : 10/6/2011 2:14:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey all, just wondering if anyone here has experience with an A/B extraction with acacia floribunda bark or phyllodes?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#2 Posted : 10/6/2011 7:05:09 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..see this thread for some good starter info. on acacia A/B extraction: confusa extraction there are plenty of teks on this site that will work, just take some time to research (and don't use hydrochlroric acid) ..

i don't personally work with this tree, but floribunda is reported generally as 0.3-0.4% in phyllodes, 0.5-0.8% bark...

Igel
#3 Posted : 10/6/2011 8:32:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just did a STB on an Australian Acacia (no idea which one!) and am doing an A/B currently. The STB was my first extraction ever and I accidently had a small amount of plant matter in my final product which I thought probably wouldn't matter... I ended up with sticky brown gunk. I think an A/B extraction is a must for oily/fatty plants such as Acacias. When my A/B is finished I'll tell you how it goes.
Everything I post is just an elaborate lead up to an April fools prank. We're gonna get him sooo good!!!

acacian
#4 Posted : 10/7/2011 12:28:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey igal thanks for the reply its interesting to read how your extraction went because i also got a brown oily goo.. i used phyllodes which i have a feeling makes it a bit harder because of all the oils so im thinking of trying floribunda bark