We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Acacia floribunda Options

TheShamaness
#1 Posted : 8/13/2013 9:24:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

http://en.wikipedia....acia_floribunda

Was wondering if I could do an extraction from this plant?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 8/13/2013 10:28:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was just reading in the Acacia collaboration thread that someone successfully extracted alkaloids from floribunda.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=475914#post475914

Also this:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=475747#post475747

So it seems possible. There's still little information on a lot of these acacia's unfortunately. Maybe if you feel up to it you could do an experiment for the community Pleased

DreaMTripper
#3 Posted : 8/17/2013 10:25:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its supposedly quite reliable. Its also easy to buy and grow. Makes a big bushy wind blocker. Very happy

acacian
#4 Posted : 8/17/2013 11:38:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it depends on the variety your testing.... acacia floribunda varies greatly in taxanomic qualities... eg phyllode size/texture, flower colour and texture of bark. i have tested over 20 floribunda down in melbourne to no avail... often extracts are still quite active and enjoyable- though lacking in dmt, which I presume is what you seek.. a member here whom I was in contact with also performed an extraction on floribunda this week with no success. maybe melbourne is a bad area for dmt or something I'm not sure - but I've talked to quite a few people who haven't gotten anything out of floribunda

from what I gather the type of floribunda you want has really creamy white flower rods rather than lemon coloured like you find in a lot of commercial strains. a lot of floribunda down here have more yellowy coloured flowers, though out bush I have observed a couple with the whiter flowers.. unfortunately one which I planned on testing I never found again - it may have died or been cut down... it also had a smooth trunk and grew more tree-like compared to the rough trunked more prostrate commercial varieties found growing in urban areas

if you can get the right strain it sounds like a great tree to work with Smile

below is one that i suspect is leaning more towards active floribunda.. spice sailor said the variety he had success with was similar to this variety

nen888
#5 Posted : 8/18/2013 1:13:11 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..reported in S. Voogelbreinder 2009 as containing dmt, & other tryptamines...
0.4-0.5% phyllodes/stem bark has been reported a few times..

see for successful extraction: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=26773&p=2

acacian
#6 Posted : 8/19/2013 12:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

was the above extraction confirmed via bioassay though? we were in pretty regular contact at the time and i seem to remember he mentioned it may not have worked out...something to do with the extract being mainly citric acid or something.. can't quite remember... vitalstatistix?

also we were talking last week and i believe he just finished an unsuccessful extraction on floribunda...

nen888
#7 Posted : 8/19/2013 6:38:38 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..i thought that linked one checked out..?

anyway, generally i've heard of more positives from floribunda than negatives..interesting..
but it's not a species i've worked with..

acacian
#8 Posted : 8/19/2013 7:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'll double check but I thought he had problems with it in the end... i think it may be like you said - an area thing... as well as a genetic thing. I think wira's post about floribunda genetic variance made some important points ... there are that many types of floribunda it seems reasonable to assume some may not be active. in summer i'd like to test some of the less prostrate forms with more pale flowers

DreaMTripper
#9 Posted : 8/19/2013 10:54:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Such lovely flamboyant trees, the top 3 pictures are like they are reaching out to us..so different to the commercial type, makes you wonder if they chose a non-active one as a mother to take cuttings from.

acacian
#10 Posted : 8/19/2013 12:53:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Such lovely flamboyant trees, the top 3 pictures are like they are reaching out to us..so different to the commercial type, makes you wonder if they chose a non-active one as a mother to take cuttings from.

yeah there was something about this particular specimen... she's a beauty

and yeah - whilst i think that most commercial floribunda are inactive, i doubt that they are planted for that reason though. floribunda was only discovered for its alkaloids in fairly recent times and there are a lot of mature trees out there. i have not seen a floribunda like the above in a commercial environment though - I had to travel out bush to find it. the ones growing in the wild seem to be more tree like, rather than the more prostrate forms sen in urban areas. and the trunks in urban areas differ too..

below is an example of this "urban area" style trunk that is the same with most floribunda around more built up areas i've noticed... typical on commercial forms....out in the bush the floribunda I have seen do not grow like this. i presume soil is probably a factor in genetic variability... and thus probably in alkaloids too

sammas
#11 Posted : 8/23/2013 2:06:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something I've noticed and haven't been able to figure out is the variation in appearance between floribunda trees, even right next to each other. Obviously there are variations in species but I've found little info on the differences and which one to be looking for. And after looking at the pictures from this post I'm even more confused!

Here are a couple that I've identified as floribunda (of course I could be wrong) growing next to each other with noticeable differences, and even more noticeable differences from the pictures posted in the previous comments.
One is more of an upright tree, with fewer lower branches, shorter wider more creamy flowers and slightly wider and shorter leaves.
The second has more lower branches making it more of a bush, with narrow longer flowers that are more yellow and sparsely packed, leaves narrow and thin with slight red tinge to the tips.
Haven't takes any seed pods but I can't go back to help with the ID!

Acacian made reference to the creamy flowers potentially being the ones to aim for, that one I noticed more straight away as well. Probably because of its slightly more obtusifolia-ish style. Who's leaves and flowers kind of stand more rigidly than others.

Anyway I thought this might be of interest if these are floribunda(if not any further help with IID would be great), identifying the best variation could save a lot of trial and error to come. These are located around the Melbourne/geelong region by the way.
sammas attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (213kb) downloaded 417 time(s).
image.jpg (2,116kb) downloaded 415 time(s).
image.jpg (3,878kb) downloaded 418 time(s).
image.jpg (1,922kb) downloaded 419 time(s).

sammas
#12 Posted : 8/23/2013 2:15:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I should also mention the first picture isn't the actual tree I found, I wasn't able to take a picture at the time, but it was the closest I could find on google. And it looks pretty much spot on from a distance.

acacian
#13 Posted : 8/23/2013 6:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen, I made contact with Vitalstatistix on the weekend and it turns out I was wrong - he said that the extract was indeed active, though a later test of the same plant yielded nothing. both tests I believe were after it had finished flowering

DreaMTripper
#14 Posted : 8/26/2013 8:34:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got a hunch that there are many many active species in different areas however the people that know about them don't want to go sharing the information on the net.. The acacia extraction successes found online can be counted on one hand.

acacian
#15 Posted : 8/29/2013 2:12:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
I've got a hunch that there are many many active species in different areas however the people that know about them don't want to go sharing the information on the net.. The acacia extraction successes found online can be counted on one hand.

yeah for sure.. I've heard this is the case with quite a few species - especially from QLD. some people don't even know the species name of the tree they are getting dmt from they just know it by its look

Nathanial.Dread
#16 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:40:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Floribunda is really fun to say. Try it.

Floribunda. Floribunda. Very happy

That is all.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

DreaMTripper
#17 Posted : 8/30/2013 11:45:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol yeah it rolls off the tounge, and means 'abundancy of flowers' in latin..

TheShamaness
#18 Posted : 9/4/2013 11:49:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank all ya all for the info. I know its a shot in the dark when it comes to finding people who will be so forth coming and because Im a new bee on hear ya gotta be cautious. This is sacred knowledge after all. I have never done an extraction before and Im going to start trying. Hard to find DMT and I really feel like its time to awaken my inner alchemist and create my own entheogens.

Going to try this technique https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._-_The_Big_Leisurely_A/B

I have access to floribunda and longifolia so if one doesnt work Im might try the other and continue in that fashion until the DMT gods make themselves present.

Thanks again

Peace out

TheShamaness
#19 Posted : 9/4/2013 11:51:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Also floribunda and longifolia are both beautiful plants I will make sure I leave the goddess an offering.

Macre
#20 Posted : 9/15/2013 11:10:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to be germinating Floribunda soon. Early days and I'm remaining distinctly pragmatic about it at the moment. Though when the time arrives, I shall be extracting and carrying out analysis to share with the Nexus.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

12NEXT