We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate Options

Nathanial.Dread
#41 Posted : 4/29/2014 10:51:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Starting this again, using ACRB again.

I'm doing my first pull now with 91% alcohol. I should know if a few days how it worked.

Endlessness: How are defining an 'excess' of Sodium Carbonate in this case? 1/1 ratio of SC to bark? I did considerably less than that.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

poonja
#42 Posted : 4/30/2014 12:34:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Amazing/synchronistic. I recently found a tek on the forum at Tryptamine Palace. It seemed to good to be true as I am quite intimidated by the teks that I have seen here. The tek is essentially the one described in this thread. I recently acquired the materials and supplies I will need to attempt to obtain dmt. It is/was my intention to begin this evening (as I will). Imagine my surprise when I saw this thread literally minutes before beginning my research. I am using 100g of mhrbp. Needless to say I am very excited about possibly being able to experience the amazing possibilities that I have been reading about. I will share my experiences when I have some to share.

Jox
#43 Posted : 8/10/2014 1:08:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that the intent of this tek is to be kitchen friendly, but can it be applied as starting point to all teks?:

1. Base + MHRB and dry
2. Nafta, any NPS

This will cut all the extractions to a joke, no? I even don't have to write down all the advantage.

Any objection?

Nathanial.Dread
#44 Posted : 8/10/2014 3:54:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tek works on ACRB.

It really works.

Shocked
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Jox
#45 Posted : 9/26/2014 3:11:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My first extraction.
Jox attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (2,113kb) downloaded 1,383 time(s).
image.jpg (293kb) downloaded 1,372 time(s).

endlessness
#46 Posted : 9/26/2014 8:01:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did it work for you Jox? Smile

Jox
#47 Posted : 9/27/2014 2:12:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi endlessness,

Went great!

Few observations:

- my yield was too high. I think I started with 6g or 7g of MHRB, and got 3g of DMT.

To understand what may have gone wrong I did a test extraction without MHRB, or just vinegar and sodium carbonate. I found out that after evaporating it, I was left with some oily residue, the same I had with MHRB crystals. I think this oily stuff was what increased the weight so much.

I evaporated my 96% alcohol and was clean. Thought it may have not be.

- the crystals were white, and they chipped off from the plate, so it was very easy to separate them from the orange tar.

- I did 3 pulls, treated them separately, so I ended up with 3 plates. Even the last plate had substantial amount of DMT, so next time I will do 4 pulls expecting that the last one will have none.

All in all this is the best tek of all. Wonder if we should have this option: bark + sod carb pull with solvent, for all the teks, and thus cut off the unnecessary cooking of wood in aqueous solutions. This tek should definitely go to wiki.

I will clean it up further to see what is the actual yield. I already did light pharma night and it worked out great.

endlessness
#48 Posted : 9/30/2014 12:05:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent Jox, thanks for sharing!

That is indeed a too high yield to be just dmt, but there aren't toxic chemicals used and therefore no bad impurities, and anyways this can be cleaned up..... so it's all fine Very happy

I'm really curious about how much you have left once you clean this up. Do keep us informed about this.

Be well!

Jox
#49 Posted : 10/13/2014 2:08:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok my mistakes and successes:

Mistake:

On a double boiler I dried MHRB and sodium carbonate. WRONG, I got a lots of wax, which I didn't get in my first extraction,,which I dried on radiator on very low,heat. This mistake made me repeat the steps of cleaning up,,which overall made it longer, and I am sure effected my yield.

Other steps is ok to evap some on double boiler and finish up on on room temperature.

I cleaned by mistake the final DMT with white spirit, and placed my report here.

I started with 11,400 mg of MHRB and ended up with 1g of pure DMT. Fantastic, I think I would have even a bit more have I not had the wax problem.

pitubo
#50 Posted : 10/13/2014 11:26:22 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Jox wrote:
I started with 11,400 mg of MHRB and ended up with 1g of pure DMT. Fantastic, I think I would have even a bit more have I not had the wax problem.

I'm sorry to doubt your success, but that sounds just a bit too unlikely, a yield of almost 10% DMT from MHRB.

Did you bioassay or otherwise analyse the DMT? Does it evaporate without residue?

If not, your final washings may have cleaned up your sodium carbonate from organic "impurities".

Jox
#51 Posted : 10/15/2014 12:11:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo,

Don't understand your last sentence.

Not sure why the yield is so high, it is interesting that endlessness had high yield too in OP.

I can't do bioassay. Nor I use it for smoking, only oral. I will do pharma soon so I will be able to see the strength of it, comparing to previous, since it is the same batch, so empirically.

What I can do is do FASA and see the yield.

I hope more people do this great tek and come to better conclusions, I am not a chemist, but a filmmaker so ...

endlessness
#52 Posted : 10/15/2014 1:51:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Jox

Thanks for sharing your experiments !

As pitubo said, that yield is too high to be just DMT, it must have other ' impurities' , because mimosa just doesn't have that much DMT in it. That is not necessarily a problem though because the impurities arent toxic, just other plant compounds (fatty acids or whatever else) and maybe some sodium acetate which is safe for ingestion.

The only problem (which isnt a big problem anyways) is the dosaging can be off, which means if you got a 10% yield and you consume 100mg expecting it to be like 100mg of pure dmt, you probably will have a weak trip since you'll be consuming more like 10-20mg of DMT.

In any case im curious about your oral experiments, let us know how that goes!

pitubo
#53 Posted : 10/15/2014 2:13:26 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Jox wrote:
Don't understand your last sentence.

I was speculating that your main product might be sodium carbonate and that the wash with solvent removed any DMT from the sodium carbonate.

Jox wrote:
I can't do bioassay. Nor I use it for smoking, only oral. I will do pharma soon so I will be able to see the strength of it, comparing to previous, since it is the same batch, so empirically.

Could you do a simple evaporation test, by putting a tiny bit on a spoon and heating the spoon until the product has evaporated (or won't evaporate.) Sodium carbonate shouldn't evaporate. It might initially melt in its water of crystallization, but once the water is driven off, it will remain as a powder or as crystals that will not evaporate until you melt the spoon. If most of the sample does evaporate, then it wasn't mostly sodium carbonate.

Jox wrote:
I hope more people do this great tek and come to better conclusions, I am not a chemist, but a filmmaker so ...

Your (and endlessness's) efforts are laudable. I am only trying to ask some critical questions with a constructive intent. I know that the theory is that sodium carbonate is not soluble in pure ethanol, but I also know that sodium carbonate tends to form a decahydrate (Na2CO3 x 10H2O) and that commercial ethanol always contains some amount of water. In that regard, I wonder how much water and sodium carbonate may be taken up by the ethanol and deposited after evaporation.

I am certainly interested myself and would like to experiment with this tek when time and circumstances permit.

Jox
#54 Posted : 10/16/2014 12:29:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi pitubo,

I am not on a deffence, I am just stating my limitations.

I did evaporate and dmt on a spoon, white smoke went up and some waxy stuff was left over, even though the crystals were clear and clean, so there are plant impurities.

As I stated earler, I did a test of the whole process without the MHRB and no crystals were formed. I think the problem is that some plant stuff is pulled out with the extraction.

kerelsk
#55 Posted : 10/23/2014 3:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First extraction ever! Thanks for the revolutionary technology, Nexus community, it is very empowering Big grin

This was just the first pull, ended up with maybe 300mg waxy, hygroscopic spice from ~50g Acacia confusa bark. Used 91% isopropanol instead of ethanol and still worked like a charm. Obviously there's impurities, but this is the only spice I've seen in my life thus far and it's *certainly* active. Smells like purified acacia essence, very good.

The second pull has been sitting for about a month now and I think I'll get to work evapping and filtering today Thumbs up
kerelsk attached the following image(s):
20141012_185705.jpg (2,328kb) downloaded 1,173 time(s).

1ce
#56 Posted : 11/13/2014 10:10:41 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

I've always been extremely interested in using azeotropic ethanol to recrystalize. Add a bit of water and drop the temp the insolubility of water should take over.

IAAGSOM
#57 Posted : 11/30/2014 11:14:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

kerelsk wrote:
First extraction ever! Thanks for the revolutionary technology, Nexus community, it is very empowering Big grin

This was just the first pull, ended up with maybe 300mg waxy, hygroscopic spice from ~50g Acacia confusa bark. Used 91% isopropanol instead of ethanol and still worked like a charm. Obviously there's impurities, but this is the only spice I've seen in my life thus far and it's *certainly* active. Smells like purified acacia essence, very good.

The second pull has been sitting for about a month now and I think I'll get to work evapping and filtering today Thumbs up

Did you use powdered Acacia or boiled bark? If boiled - how long?

This looks reaally interesting. Alot less work for a purer produce then Hippie Salad Oil Tek. *Yuuck*

So have you tried it yet?

Smile

slewb
#58 Posted : 12/6/2014 9:48:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm doing something similar on acacia confusa bark right now... would it be unwise to use lime (too late, I already did)? It's worked well as a base for me in the past with other extractions. I figure since it's barely soluble in water and not at all soluble in alcohol less of it would end up in the final product than if sodium carbonate was used.

I probably will end up recrystallizing with naptha, I just want to minimize the amount of naptha I'm using on extractions.

endlessness
#59 Posted : 12/6/2014 10:38:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lime should work fine Smile

I'd be very curious to know the yield before and after naphtha recrystallization. Please do share the results!

slewb
#60 Posted : 12/7/2014 12:01:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the plan!

PREV12345NEXT»